++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-09-2006, 06:04 AM   #1246
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

June 9th

"Golden promises."

Before Jesus sent out the disciples to take the message of the gospel to all nations, he assured them of his promise to send the Holy Spirit. That promise motivated them to continue with one accord in prayer ( Acts 1:14 ). God's promises are provided to stir us and inspire us to pray. Those precious promises, there are hundreds throughout the Bible, show us things God has purposed and wants us to ask for, just as he wanted his disciples to ask for the Holy Spirit so they would have power for ministry. These golden promises teach us about how to pray, and they build our faith.

[Jesus told them,] "Now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven."

Luke 24:49

Though the Bible be crowded with golden promises from board to board, yet they will be inoperative until we turn them into prayer.

F. B. Meyer

Heaven

Old 06-10-2006, 05:59 AM   #1247
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 10th

"Fertile lives."

Most of us try to get through life on human wisdom. Some of us succeed. Others of us make so many mistakes that we die with innumerable regrets. If only we could get guidance from above, we would get this "life" stuff right. If only we could hear the voice of the One who knows. If only.

The truth is that we can. The Voice has spoken. His words are available to us. But there's a catch. We have to be willing to obey it. Otherwise, we won't have what Jesus calls "ears to hear." Those who obey what they already know of God have their ears opened to more; and those who have ears open are readily obedient. Really, when it comes to it, would you prefer to live by the human logic that results from losing your ears to hear? Or would you prefer the cutting-edge, risky-but-real life of a true, radical believer? The answer isn't clear for everyone. But we've seen who lasts. Your Bible is full of their stories. They lived by faith, not by sight.

That is why we live by believing and not by seeing.

2 Corinthians 5:7

You honor Jesus when you act in faith on His Word.

Ed Cole

Heaven

Old 06-11-2006, 07:25 AM   #1248
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 11th

"Forgive your brother."

How can I not forgive a brother for whom Christ died, when I know what God paid to forgive me?

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Colossians 3:13

Pray you now, forget and forgive.

William Shakespeare

Heaven

Old 06-12-2006, 02:47 AM   #1249
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 10th

"Fertile lives."

Most of us try to get through life on human wisdom. Some of us succeed. Others of us make so many mistakes that we die with innumerable regrets. If only we could get guidance from above, we would get this "life" stuff right. If only we could hear the voice of the One who knows. If only.

The truth is that we can. The Voice has spoken. His words are available to us. But there's a catch. We have to be willing to obey it. Otherwise, we won't have what Jesus calls "ears to hear." Those who obey what they already know of God have their ears opened to more; and those who have ears open are readily obedient. Really, when it comes to it, would you prefer to live by the human logic that results from losing your ears to hear? Or would you prefer the cutting-edge, risky-but-real life of a true, radical believer? The answer isn't clear for everyone. But we've seen who lasts. Your Bible is full of their stories. They lived by faith, not by sight.

That is why we live by believing and not by seeing.

2 Corinthians 5:7

You honor Jesus when you act in faith on His Word.

Ed Cole

Heaven

AMEN, HEV, Are Ye So Foolish HAVING BEGUN IN THE SPIRT Are Ye Now Made PERFECT BY THE FLESH Have Ye Suffered So Many Things In Vain He Therefore That Ministereth to you in the spirt and worketh mircales before you doeth he by the works of the law or by the works of Faith Gal.3 2.4
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 06-12-2006, 06:10 AM   #1250
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 12th

"Despair bearing down on you?"

Whatever your worries are today, they probably do not top the 600 Egyptian war chariots bearing down on the children of Israel! Trapped between the mountains and the sea, the people forgot the God who had delivered them from the Pharaoh's hand, and they cried out in despair. But Moses, who focused on the promise of God, stood firm in his hope. When we face our "chariots," it is quite normal to feel anxiety and fear. But when we remember God's faithfulness and his ability to bring good out of any situation, we find our fears calmed and our confidence renewed.

The Lord continued to strengthen Pharaoh's resolve, and he chased after the people of Israel who had escaped so defiantely. All the forces of Pharaoh's army; all his horses, chariots, and charioteers were used in the chase.…

As Pharaoh and his army approached, the people of Israel could see them in the distance, marching toward them. The people began to panic, and they cried out to the Lord for help.

Then they turned against Moses and complained, "Why did you bring us out here to die in the wilderness? Weren't there enough graves for us in Egypt? Why did you make us leave? Didn't we tell you to leave us alone while we were still in Egypt? Our Egyptian slavery was better than dying out here in the wilderness!"

But Moses told the people, "Don't be afraid. Just stand where you are and watch the Lord rescue you. The Egyptians that you see today will never be seen again. The Lord himself will fight for you. You won't have to lift a finger in your defense!"

Exodus 14:8-14

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

T.S. Eliot

Heaven

Old 06-13-2006, 06:19 AM   #1251
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

As most of you know my company participated in the Home Builders Blitz for Habitat For Humanity (http://www.habitat.org/) last week and it was very successful and an enjoyable learning experience for everyone involved. The family we built for included a single mother and her two children whom were abandoned by their dead beat dad some time ago and struggling just to stay afloat in this world. I was recently speaking of last weeks events to some people I know when I was literally attacked by a couple of them claiming,”The poor bring on their own situation and giving them free labor and a cheap home isn’t going to do anything but hurt them more…”, and things like, “Working for free and donating your time doesn’t pay the bills Dave…”

I wish the world would wake up and realize that if we all helped each other just a little each day our race would be better off for it, and blessed more as one. The pure ignorance of some just baffles me. It makes me wonder who taught them this, how have they survived this long with this attitude, and what does the Bible have to say about the less fortunate population among us?

June 13th

"God blesses the poor and those who help them."

Why do we look for ways to shame the poor and destitute? Of course, there are a few who are poor because they choose nothing better for their lives, but they are a distinct minority. All too often, poor people are made out to be lazy, evil, and greedy, when nothing could be further from the truth. The poor are our brothers and sisters, and they are worthy of our help, just because Christ said so. God blesses the poor and those who help them. Take hold of your blessing. Help someone in need.

O let the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name.

Psalm 74:21

All your children deserve dignity and respect.

Unknown

Lack of money is the root of all evil.

George Bernard Shaw

Heaven

Old 06-14-2006, 02:49 AM   #1252
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 12th

"Despair bearing down on you?"

Whatever your worries are today, they probably do not top the 600 Egyptian war chariots bearing down on the children of Israel! Trapped between the mountains and the sea, the people forgot the God who had delivered them from the Pharaoh's hand, and they cried out in despair. But Moses, who focused on the promise of God, stood firm in his hope. When we face our "chariots," it is quite normal to feel anxiety and fear. But when we remember God's faithfulness and his ability to bring good out of any situation, we find our fears calmed and our confidence renewed.

The Lord continued to strengthen Pharaoh's resolve, and he chased after the people of Israel who had escaped so defiantely. All the forces of Pharaoh's army; all his horses, chariots, and charioteers were used in the chase.…

As Pharaoh and his army approached, the people of Israel could see them in the distance, marching toward them. The people began to panic, and they cried out to the Lord for help.

Then they turned against Moses and complained, "Why did you bring us out here to die in the wilderness? Weren't there enough graves for us in Egypt? Why did you make us leave? Didn't we tell you to leave us alone while we were still in Egypt? Our Egyptian slavery was better than dying out here in the wilderness!"

But Moses told the people, "Don't be afraid. Just stand where you are and watch the Lord rescue you. The Egyptians that you see today will never be seen again. The Lord himself will fight for you. You won't have to lift a finger in your defense!"

Exodus 14:8-14

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

T.S. Eliot

Heaven

:bounc
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 06-14-2006, 03:05 AM   #1253
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) As most of you know my company participated in the Home Builders Blitz for Habitat For Humanity (http://www.habitat.org/) last week and it was very successful and an enjoyable learning experience for everyone involved. The family we built for included a single mother and her two children whom were abandoned by their dead beat dad some time ago and struggling just to stay afloat in this world. I was recently speaking of last weeks events to some people I know when I was literally attacked by a couple of them claiming,”The poor bring on their own situation and giving them free labor and a cheap home isn’t going to do anything but hurt them more…”, and things like, “Working for free and donating your time doesn’t pay the bills Dave…”

I wish the world would wake up and realize that if we all helped each other just a little each day our race would be better off for it, and blessed more as one. The pure ignorance of some just baffles me. It makes me wonder who taught them this, how have they survived this long with this attitude, and what does the Bible have to say about the less fortunate population among us?

June 13th

"God blesses the poor and those who help them."

Why do we look for ways to shame the poor and destitute? Of course, there are a few who are poor because they choose nothing better for their lives, but they are a distinct minority. All too often, poor people are made out to be lazy, evil, and greedy, when nothing could be further from the truth. The poor are our brothers and sisters, and they are worthy of our help, just because Christ said so. God blesses the poor and those who help them. Take hold of your blessing. Help someone in need.

O let the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name.

Psalm 74:21

All your children deserve dignity and respect.

Unknown

Lack of money is the root of all evil.

George Bernard Shaw

Heaven

AMEN, HEV And For Those Others Who Spoke Things AND THE BLESSINGS OF GOD AS HE BLESSES POOR AND NEEDY, THE LORD THY GOD IS THEIR JUDGE, And Shall Deal With Their Kind IN THE WAYS HE DEALT WITH EYGYPT AMEN , And AMEN
Old 06-14-2006, 06:16 AM   #1254
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 14th

"Unlimited passport."

No matter what your passport says, if you are a Christian, there is no earthly country that can hold you, no borders that can claim you and no flag that flies above you but Jesus and the Kingdom of Heaven. You have more in common with the believing aboriginal tribesman of Indonesia, the Christian refugee in Africa, or the Bedouin brother in Egypt, or the high-rise business person in Hong Kong who bows to pray in Jesus name, or the Spirit-filled Brazilian housewife, than you do your next door neighbor if they don't know Christ as Lord and Savior.

Our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 3:20

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.

Jesus

Heaven

Old 06-15-2006, 06:06 AM   #1255
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 15th

"Flying solo?"

Bad idea... We were created to live with and for one another. When we think the universe revolves around us, we upset god's intended order. Our goal in life should be to reach out to a s many of God's children as we possibly can. When we learn to walk with others, we have learned to walk with God.

The stouthearted are spoiled, they have slept their sleep: and none of the men of might have found their hands.

Psalm 76:5

Happiness is not so much in having as sharing. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Norman Macewan

Heaven

Old 06-16-2006, 02:35 AM   #1256
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 14th

"Unlimited passport."

No matter what your passport says, if you are a Christian, there is no earthly country that can hold you, no borders that can claim you and no flag that flies above you but Jesus and the Kingdom of Heaven. You have more in common with the believing aboriginal tribesman of Indonesia, the Christian refugee in Africa, or the Bedouin brother in Egypt, or the high-rise business person in Hong Kong who bows to pray in Jesus name, or the Spirit-filled Brazilian housewife, than you do your next door neighbor if they don't know Christ as Lord and Savior.

Our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 3:20

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.

Jesus

Heaven

Old 06-16-2006, 06:11 AM   #1257
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 16th

"Waiting with hope."

Mary and Martha had sent their friend Jesus a message about the critical condition of their brother, Lazarus, and their urgent need for his help: "Lord, the one you love is very sick" (John 11:3). But instead of rushing off to Bethany, Jesus stayed where he was for two days before responding to Mary and Martha's plea. When he did arrive, he raised Lazarus from the dead in a magnificent display of his power.

Just as Mary and Martha struggled when Jesus answered their prayers for Lazarus in a time and way different from what they had expected, we get frustrated when the Lord delays in coming to us and answering our prayers.

As it did for the grieving sisters, two days (or two months or two years) of waiting can seem like an eternity to us. But in the midst of the "delay," God is not inactive. He is teaching us patience, perseverance, and faith and is planning to glorify himself in our circumstances. While we are waiting, he wants to cleanse our hearts and refocus us on Jesus. The Spirit always knows what will glorify God, and we can trust him when we're in the waiting room.

Although Jesus loved Martha, Mary, and Lazarus, he stayed where he was for the next two days and did not go to them. Finally, after two days, he said to his disciples, "Let's go to Judea again."

John 11:5-7

God often delays His response out of love, as He works all things together for good.

Jeanne Zornes

Heaven

Old 06-17-2006, 06:03 AM   #1258
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 17th

"He is to be praised as a God of mercy and tender compassion."

I can't help but think of what James, Jesus' brothers said: "Pure religion, undefiled before God the Father is this: keep oneself undefiled and care for orphans and widows in their distress." Jesus showed clearly this was the Father's heart in his ministry.

Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds -- his name is the Lord -- and rejoice before him. A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

Psalm 68:4-5

None ever hardened his heart against God, and prospered.

Matthew Henry

Heaven

Old 06-18-2006, 02:52 AM   #1259
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 16th

"Waiting with hope."

Mary and Martha had sent their friend Jesus a message about the critical condition of their brother, Lazarus, and their urgent need for his help: "Lord, the one you love is very sick" (John 11:3). But instead of rushing off to Bethany, Jesus stayed where he was for two days before responding to Mary and Martha's plea. When he did arrive, he raised Lazarus from the dead in a magnificent display of his power.

Just as Mary and Martha struggled when Jesus answered their prayers for Lazarus in a time and way different from what they had expected, we get frustrated when the Lord delays in coming to us and answering our prayers.

As it did for the grieving sisters, two days (or two months or two years) of waiting can seem like an eternity to us. But in the midst of the "delay," God is not inactive. He is teaching us patience, perseverance, and faith and is planning to glorify himself in our circumstances. While we are waiting, he wants to cleanse our hearts and refocus us on Jesus. The Spirit always knows what will glorify God, and we can trust him when we're in the waiting room.

Although Jesus loved Martha, Mary, and Lazarus, he stayed where he was for the next two days and did not go to them. Finally, after two days, he said to his disciples, "Let's go to Judea again."

John 11:5-7

God often delays His response out of love, as He works all things together for good.

Jeanne Zornes

Heaven

AMEN AND AMEN , HE HAS PLACED UPON A ROCK WHERE WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED AMEN, Great Message HEV, We Cant Seen To Find Enough Of Theme OF THE PRECIOUS POWER OF WATING ON THE LORD THY GOD, I WAITED Patiently For The Lord And He Inclined And Heared My Cry He brought me up Also Out Of An Horrbile Pit Out Of The Miry Clay And Set My Feet Upon A Rock AND ESTABLISHED MY GOINGS Thats Wonderfull MANY O LORD MY GOD ARE YOUR WORKS WHICH THOU HAS DONE AND THY THOGHTS WHICH TO ARE TO US~WARD THEY CANNOT BE RECKONED UP IN ORDER UNTO THEE IF I WOULD DECLARE AND SPEAK OF THEME THEY ARE MORE THAN CAN BE NUMBERED Psalm 40.1.5
Old 06-18-2006, 03:00 AM   #1260
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 17th

"He is to be praised as a God of mercy and tender compassion."

I can't help but think of what James, Jesus' brothers said: "Pure religion, undefiled before God the Father is this: keep oneself undefiled and care for orphans and widows in their distress." Jesus showed clearly this was the Father's heart in his ministry.

Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds -- his name is the Lord -- and rejoice before him. A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

Psalm 68:4-5

None ever hardened his heart against God, and prospered.

Matthew Henry

Heaven

AMEN THE GOD OF GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I WILL PRAISE THE NAME OF GOD WITH A SONG THAT WILL MAGINFIY HIM WITH THANKSGIVING THE HUMBLE SHALL THIS AND BE GLAD AND YOUR HEART SHALL LIVE THAT SEEK GOD FOR THE LORD HEARETH THE POOR AND DESPISETH NOT HIS PRISONERS LET THE HEAVEN AND EARTH PRAISE HIM AND THE SEAS AND EVERYTHING THAT MOVES THERIN Psalm 69, 30.34