++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-18-2005, 04:25 AM   #316
sina2b
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I said my oponion, Im free to say what I want and its the base of this country. Get a life and dont waste time on oponion you dont like, pass them.

and for all you geniuses, by GAY i did not question his sexuality. Please use your brain and think about what you read. Yes as an american IN MY OPONION americans trust their eyes more than their brains; please go back to my original thread, read it, use your brain for once and see what you get out of it, what reality is and then post something thats worth while debating.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:41 AM   #317
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) First of all... Jaggar's mom is Hillarree. How is that gay? Second of all... Just because you're a rockstar and doing what you love doesn't mean you should live your life like a frickin' robot and not care about your feelings. I'm sure, someday, you will want to have kids as well. And you doesn't seem like such a supportive fan, to me, if you go on and say something naive like that!

First of all Im a fan of scotts music probably more than many of you; No I dont spend all day searching for scott stapp material but I listen to his songs with passion; but no Im not obsessed.

Second of all, no if your a rockstar, if your supposed to party everynight, if your required to hang out with people who party everynight, if your around drugs, if you dont see your kids for months because of touring alone, if your sleeping with each women you like than dont have kids their not for you. If your broke dont buy a million dollar house no matter how much you like to get one. People are supposed to afford things and its not always financially.

Example: Im naming a few rockstar's kids who ive seen on tv or know of.

the Osbournes, Lisa Presley, Nicole Richie ... The most normal one is probably Nichole who was a heroin addict at the age of 16; but who cares lionel is a human being and really wanted to have a kid. For those of you who dont think, please think it through before bringing another life to this world because your not going to be living it; so you might as well care or not.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:21 AM   #318
renbergs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) I said my oponion, Im free to say what I want and its the base of this country. Get a life and dont waste time on oponion you dont like, pass them..
True, you are free to say what you want! But why waste time on saying it, if you don't want people to respond

Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) and for all you geniuses, by GAY i did not question his sexuality. Please use your brain and think about what you read.
Please, use YOUR brain and think about how you express yourself! To use the word "gay", describing a negative way of behaviour, that has nothing to do with sexuality, is totally out of place
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) Yes as an american IN MY OPONION americans trust their eyes more than their brains; please go back to my original thread, read it, use your brain for once and see what you get out of it, what reality is and then post something thats worth while debating.
And, please, if you express your opinion, don't be shocked if other people may think different and are prepared to defend their point of view. You see, a debate is two or more persons, arguing from different points of view! A debate isn't you stating your opinion for everyone else to accept!
And don't be shocked if some americans may find it hard to accept that you have an opinion that you claim is valid for the population of an entire nation

And by the way, it's spelled opinion! Not oponion, that would be some kind of strange onion, I think
Old 11-18-2005, 09:58 AM   #319
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) First of all Im a fan of scotts music probably more than many of you; No I dont spend all day searching for scott stapp material but I listen to his songs with passion; but no Im not obsessed.

Second of all, no if your a rockstar, if your supposed to party everynight, if your required to hang out with people who party everynight, if your around drugs, if you dont see your kids for months because of touring alone, if your sleeping with each women you like than dont have kids their not for you. If your broke dont buy a million dollar house no matter how much you like to get one. People are supposed to afford things and its not always financially.

Example: Im naming a few rockstar's kids who ive seen on tv or know of.

the Osbournes, Lisa Presley, Nicole Richie ... The most normal one is probably Nichole who was a heroin addict at the age of 16; but who cares lionel is a human being and really wanted to have a kid. For those of you who dont think, please think it through before bringing another life to this world because your not going to be living it; so you might as well care or not.

Are you that naive that you think *every* rockstar has to live the stereotypical rockstar life? Because Stapp is a singer he needs to use drugs, sleep around, and party every day?

And how about you try naming some rockstars who have kids that are normal? Oh you can't because the media only shows us the ones that are "screwed up" because it makes "entertaining television"??? (I use the term entertaining television loosely because I don't find it entertaining myself). You also do realize that not every rockstars' kids turn out "un-normal" ??

And finally how are you to say "the typical american mentality" when you are the one loosely using the term "gay" as a slang word? Why don't you take a look at yourself first?

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-18-2005, 09:59 AM   #320
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
While his comment was not very smart, I think I at least understand what he is *trying* to say. Basically, if you want the fame and fortune, don't try to support a family when you can't. But even if that principle is true, he has a son now and he shouldn't be putting him in danger just because... umm... some fan wants him to?
Old 11-18-2005, 10:01 AM   #321
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Oh no, it doesn't bother me at all, cause I've been called alot worse by better people than you, or anyone else here. I happen to like the guy, his performances/music, and I enjoy listening to it.

You want to know why people have problems with your posts? That is why. Al you ever do is throw in your little insutls, get your jabs in there ,and always try to take the last word. Grow up.

Quote: No one has liked the guy?? Dude, you need to get out more often, read around a bit more...visit some places other than hate sites, and quit listening to your own hate filled comments about the man.

Be in denial. You think I care? People hate the guy.

Quote: Nope, doesn't show a thing about his public image, because as someone else posted in this thread, the general population doesn't know a thing about it, and most likely doesn't care. What it does show, is the lack of understanding by others when it comes to differing opinions.

The general population can't stand him.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:15 AM   #322
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Are you that naive that you think *every* rockstar has to live the stereotypical rockstar life? Because Stapp is a singer he needs to use drugs, sleep around, and party every day?

And how about you try naming some rockstars who have kids that are normal? Oh you can't because the media only shows us the ones that are "screwed up" because it makes "entertaining television"??? (I use the term entertaining television loosely because I don't find it entertaining myself). You also do realize that not every rockstars' kids turn out "un-normal" ??

And finally how are you to say "the typical american mentality" when you are the one loosely using the term "gay" as a slang word? Why don't you take a look at yourself first?

Thank you. That was exactly what I was going to post in response. Great post.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:57 AM   #323
sina2b
USER INFO »
or should i say this is a mexican mentality you guys have, have as many kids as you want, its ur body and who cares about the children.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:02 PM   #324
sina2b
USER INFO »
And dont be so obsessed with him and think hes god, stuff like this is exactly why they cant live a normal life. HE was not clearly thinking properly when having a kid, otherwise he wouldnt have had a baby with that psycho path lady as you guys call it. But Im sure he was a kid at the time and people make mistakes, but avoiding and ignoring reality is just stupidity, pure stupidity.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:04 PM   #325
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) And dont be so obsessed with him and think hes god, stuff like this is exactly why they cant live a normal life. HE was not clearly thinking properly when having a kid, otherwise he wouldnt have had a baby with that psycho path lady as you guys call it. But Im sure he was a kid at the time and people make mistakes, but avoiding and ignoring reality is just stupidity, pure stupidity.
Who made you judge, jury and executioner? Stop speculating about what he should or shouldn't have done. There's been no proof that the kid is fucked up yet. Are you sure you're a fan? You sure don't sound like one.

Worship the music, not the musician. They are human just like anyone else. And there are plenty of people who aren't rock stars who shouldn't have had children.

Last edited by Dogstar : 11-18-2005 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:18 PM   #326
titan9
USER INFO »
Exactly, Dogstar. I can't believe that this discussion is even taking place. Who are you, sina, to say whether a person should have kids or not? It's not a "mexican mentality". If a couple wants to have kids and will give them love, support and stability, no one should try to keep them from doing so. It doesn't matter what your profession is, whether you're a teacher, an athlete, a musician, an actor etc. you're a human being and you have the right to have kids.

As for him making a mistake, gosh, that's a horrible thing to say. At the time his son was born, he was apparently happily married. I doubt he would have had a child with the psycho if he knew back then that she was one. But he did not know that and they brought a child into this world. That child appears to be pretty normal.

One thing is certain: when you hear/see Scott talk about his son, his eyes light up and so does his voice. It's pretty clear that his son is the center of his life, the most important thing to him. It's also pretty clear that he's a good dad to his son(has anyone read the interview where he mentions coaching Jagger's football team?) and gives Jagger the love and support that he needs.

Your whole argument is flawed and offensive, imo. I don't see why it is being allowed in this thread, as it has nothing to do with the album and nothing to do with the music. Personal stuff like this should be kept out of fan forums. If you're really a fan of Scott's, please try to at least respect his privacy and his personal life.

Old 11-18-2005, 12:28 PM   #327
sina2b
USER INFO »
Worship the music, not the musician. They are human just like anyone else. And there are plenty of peoplw who aren't rock stars who shouldn't have had children.[/quote]

thank you!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #328
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Personal stuff like this should be kept out of fan forums. If you're really a fan of Scott's, please try to at least respect his privacy and his personal life.

his personal life is personal as long as its kept personal; its not personal when its one of the main subjects of all his interviews which are prepared before hand. I dont make comments on tremonti's personal life because he has kept it personal to some extend; but stapp is always sharing his personal thoughts and feelings and personal life which makes it blend into his public image.

Im not continuing this, were on two different tracks, Im sorry if Im not obsessed.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:27 PM   #329
titan9
USER INFO »
I'm not obsessed, either. You don't have to be obsessed to respect a guy's right to privacy in his personal life. I know if I were in his position, I wouldn't want people dissecting my personal life. It's really pointless to judge the guy, anyway, as none of us know him personally.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:43 PM   #330
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) If a couple wants to have kids and will give them love, support and stability, no one should try to keep them from doing so.

Stability, thank you. Is stapp stable?

Not according to his band, not according to other bands hes worked with and not according to himself, he admits that hes confused all the time and thats what most of his songs are revolving around. But yes he is financially stable and maybe thats all that matters.

And let me say this again for the record, I enjoy stapp's music very much and Im a fan of it; do I personally like him? I dont care what kind of a person he is, but if I was to choose: no I probably dont. why? based on what ive seen, read and heard; he might be different in person.