++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-17-2005, 09:31 AM   #31
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) If you don't care what anyone thinks, don't care what they think of your opinions, are going to post the same stuff over and over... Why exactly do you come to the board? What is your purpose in doing so?I mean, don't get me wrong, your no Faceless fan, always insulting people etc. etc., but you don't seem to ever really care to discuss things.

First of all, I didn't say I didn't care what anyone thinks, just you. Second of all, it is pretty evident by your comments to me, that you don't give a rats ass about my opinions, because I'm a Stapp fan and can always find something positive to say about the man, and third of all, I do discuss things....you just ain't reading the right threads.

I found what was posted earlier in this thread hilarious, I said no more, and no less about it, and I posted as such. You in turn, elected to call me dumb and stupid because of it. So get over yourself man, you ain't all that and a bag of chips too.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:26 AM   #32
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I don't think it is coz you're a Stapp fan, but rather the way you state your opinions, letting passion overcome facts in order to not admit something that's pretty obvious and against the image of Stapp we all had someday.

Stapp was someone I looked up to when I was growing up. Human Clay's lyrics fit to me in a time I was struggling with faith and it helped me deal with it. But I don't think he practices what he preaches... when I started learning about his attitudes, it was a huge letdown for me. You can see how I changed my opinion on him over time.

I used to think he was the greatest singer ever as well... now I know he's not when I started listening to singers I didn't use to.

But despite it all, I'm a still a fan of his music and his music only.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:52 AM   #33
renbergs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) I am fed up with people comparing Scott and Myles

At last some sense You can like/dislike anyone of them, but you can't "justify" it by comparing them.There's no use comparing, no use arguing, it's a matter of taste and opinion, it's as simple as that! You can't win discussions about taste and you can't force people to agree with your taste, no matter which arguments you use!
The same goes for discussions about technically skilled singers. Wide range, yeah, that's good and one of Myles' qualities, to be able to sing powerful in low ranges without falling into growling is also good (and harder than most people know) and one of Scott's qualities.
And to me the technical skill of the singer is worth nothing if I don't like the way he/she approaches the song and fails to put feelings into it.
I like Creed, I like Alter Bridge, I like Scott Stapp, I also like a dozen other artists, but I do not need to compare them all the time!
I'll probably get shot for this one, but hey, it's just my opinion and I don't expect anyone else to feel the same: Myles Kennedy is the weakest link in AB. To me he's got a good voice, but he's just "another metal screamer". I don't get the feeling for his singing and there is no arguments about his skills that can give me that.
I'm sure many of you think he's a great singer and gets his feeling! Congrats and enjoy his singing and nevermind the "stappanatic" Myles-bashers! And the same goes for the Stapp-fans, don't mind the extreme AB-league of Stapp-bashing.
After all, it's only rock'n'roll!

Last edited by renbergs : 11-17-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:05 AM   #34
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
^good post. For once I don't feel like I need to educate someone who thinks Myles is the weak link in AB. I highly disagree that Myles is just anotehr singer (I'd like to see the next guy sing Summergirl), and I also think by far Flip and Brian are the weakest links, but your post was actually intelligent and not rude.

Major props man.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:17 AM   #35
renbergs
USER INFO »
Thanks! We can agree to disagree about Myles and there's no problems with that, right? Actually there are few reason to get upset in this world (and on this board ) as long as people can agree to disagree, if it all comes down to a matter of taste!
Rock on!
Old 11-17-2005, 11:34 AM   #36
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by renbergs) Thanks! We can agree to disagree about Myles and there's no problems with that, right? Actually there are few reason to get upset in this world (and on this board ) as long as people can agree to disagree, if it all comes down to a matter of taste!
Rock on!
yeah, man. that's the point. it's not who you like, it's how you show who you like.

if that makes sense... too lazy to elaborata further! lol
Old 11-17-2005, 11:45 AM   #37
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by renbergs) Thanks! We can agree to disagree about Myles and there's no problems with that, right? Actually there are few reason to get upset in this world (and on this board ) as long as people can agree to disagree, if it all comes down to a matter of taste!
Rock on!

Sure as long as you either have good reasons or don't make broad sweeping statements... like...

"Myles sucks"
"Why?"
"Uh... cuz I said so and cuz he'll never be Stapp, who is a GOD!!!!!"

Yeah. lol
Old 11-17-2005, 12:01 PM   #38
renbergs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Sure as long as you either have good reasons or don't make broad sweeping statements... like...

"Myles sucks"
"Why?"
"Uh... cuz I said so and cuz he'll never be Stapp, who is a GOD!!!!!"

Yeah. lol

He'll never be Stapp!
And thank God for that! What would be the point of forming a new band if you just tried to make it a copy of your previous band
Then the outcome and result of the new band's efforts is up to everyone to have their opinion about! The "matter of taste" again
Stapp will never get another guitar man like Tremonti either, and for the same reasons, I salute that!
If the "good old days" are gone! Give me something new!!! I don't want bad copies of good stuff.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:23 PM   #39
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
^True. Myles will never be Stapp. Thank goodness indeed.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:08 PM   #40
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Rock on!

This is by far, the best post I've read in ages. Renbergs, this summarizes everything we've come to know and love about coming here to Creedfeed. Bravo!! I know we all sometimes get passionate about our likes and dislikes, but this post says it all. In the end, as long as we agree to disagree, we can all enjoy the music and enjoy each other's wit and commentary. Thank you.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:59 PM   #41
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
*pouts*

Agreeing to disagreeing is an excuse for not being able to argue effectively... lol
Old 11-18-2005, 02:42 AM   #42
renbergs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) *pouts*

Agreeing to disagreeing is an excuse for not being able to argue effectively... lol

I get your point! There's nothing like a good fight, right? If you want arguing you've comed to the right man! Arguing is my middle name I love arguing as long as you don't think you can change my taste for music by arguing! No matter how much I love arguing, I would never be so naive that I would think I could make you love Black Sabbath by arguing! At the best perhaps I can make you so interested in them, that you'll give them a try. Cuz they rule, ya know
Arguing about taste for music is like arguing about feelings in general - impossible! I love brunettes and you can argue your ass off for blondes - I'll still prefer brunettes
Cheers!
Old 11-18-2005, 03:24 AM   #43
renbergs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) This is by far, the best post I've read in ages. Renbergs, this summarizes everything we've come to know and love about coming here to Creedfeed. Bravo!! I know we all sometimes get passionate about our likes and dislikes, but this post says it all. In the end, as long as we agree to disagree, we can all enjoy the music and enjoy each other's wit and commentary. Thank you.

Thanks for those nice comments!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:07 AM   #44
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by renbergs) I get your point! There's nothing like a good fight, right? If you want arguing you've comed to the right man! Arguing is my middle name I love arguing as long as you don't think you can change my taste for music by arguing! No matter how much I love arguing, I would never be so naive that I would think I could make you love Black Sabbath by arguing! At the best perhaps I can make you so interested in them, that you'll give them a try. Cuz they rule, ya know
Arguing about taste for music is like arguing about feelings in general - impossible! I love brunettes and you can argue your ass off for blondes - I'll still prefer brunettes
Cheers!

I like brunettes also... lol.

But yeah, I don't usually argue about which should be one's favorite band. That is kinda stupid. I mean if a guy likes AC/DC more than Led Zeppelin but still admits Led Zeppelin could beat the crap out of AC/DC in a musicians' war, more power to em.

And I used those two bands cuz I love them both... lol
Old 11-19-2005, 11:31 AM   #45
Robin101
USER INFO »
Pavorotti would kick Myle Kennedy's ass!!

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger

Last edited by Robin101 : 11-19-2005 at 11:33 AM.