++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-21-2005, 12:56 AM   #76
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
That performance was definitly a good one. Im glad they decided to throw some extra guitar stuff in there, i think that will really give metal lovers a signal that AB isnt a weenie group, and that they do have a guitar hero in their midst. And as for Myles being an unknown, as ive seen some people talking about in here, that doesnt matter at all. That would be like being in the 80's, hearing guns & roses when they debut, and saying "Yea, they'll never get big, no ones ever heard of Axl Rose"...See what i mean, thats nonsense. I never heard of stapp until creed...Didn't make me dislike them, and they ended up being a super group, just depends on your meaning of the phrase "Super group" But, i thought creed was a super group

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 01-21-2005, 01:09 PM   #77
Agent D
USER INFO »
But by definition, a super group is a band made up of musicians who established themselves already in other successful bands. That's really what makes it a super group. I would say that AB qualifies but I'm sure other people would not because as we all know, Creed took a lot of heat.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:16 PM   #78
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) But by definition, a super group is a band made up of musicians who established themselves already in other successful bands. That's really what makes it a super group. I would say that AB qualifies but I'm sure other people would not because as we all know, Creed took a lot of heat.

except that the mayfield four commercially didn't do that well at least in comparison to the bands were are discussing like creed and GNR.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-21-2005, 08:09 PM   #79
titan9
USER INFO »
I don't think Alter Bridge is a super group. Like others have said, if the Mayfield Four had one big Rock hit, you could consider Alter Bridge to be a super group. But because of that lack of a big hit, you can't really say Alter Bridge is a super group. You can say that Alter Bridge is made up of 3/4 of one of the most successful Rock bands in the last decade and an awesome singer.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-22-2005, 07:24 PM   #80
Rune
USER INFO »
I stayed up to watch it, and i thought it was great.

I love how into the music tremonti always is, hell, all the guys look like they have a great time up there.

My favorite part was when mark muted the strings with his right hand and kept soloing, that plus the whammy spins he did were killer.

Myles went for that last note like a beast, really gave it all he had, ended up a little flat, but you could tell that he can hit the note, just not that time lol, but he was close.

And on how long he held out that note: It's so nice to finally hear a vocalist that has breath control lol, most singers would run out of breath really fast, but if you are actually singing properly it's awesome lol.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:55 AM   #81
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Signs) It was normal, average, nothing spetacular.
You think Relearn Love is more spetacular?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #82
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) You think Relearn Love is more spetacular?

Does it really matter? I mean, it's his opinion......

Old 01-24-2005, 08:31 AM   #83
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
I downloaded the video and watched in the sunday morning...I must say: these guys are simple amazing!!! Tremonti did a incredible job when he improves that riffs and Myles is a kind of singer that we can't see in the rock music scene actually. He has a incredible vocal range. He can easly go from low to high notes. I'm impressed!

Just a comment about another theme: I've listened to Save Me and I must say that is an amazing song. In my opinion, they would put it on the album. It could replace Burn It Down (I don't like this song too much).

Peace.

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 01-24-2005, 10:33 AM   #84
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Does it really matter? I mean, it's his opinion......

Except normal would be something that is like the other stuff that is on the charts, and Find the real is clearly not. Its not really an opininated statement.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #85
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by cariocawlad) Just a comment about another theme: I've listened to Save Me and I must say that is an amazing song. In my opinion, they would put it on the album. It could replace Burn It Down (I don't like this song too much).

Burn it Down was my least favorite song on the album when I first heard it as well. But once I saw them perform it live, I gained appreciation for it. It's a great song.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-24-2005, 12:13 PM   #86
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Except normal would be something that is like the other stuff that is on the charts, and Find the real is clearly not. Its not really an opininated statement.

Huh? I was talking about which song he liked better, and it being his opinion which song(Relearn Love or Find the Real) he liked better. Lith was, I guess, trying to compare the two and perhaps start a discussion about FTR and RL. I don't think it is, at all, a fair comparison, so I was reminding Lith that it's really Signs' opinion.

And I agree about Burn it Down being my least favorite at first. Now I'd say it's probably one of my favorites. Awesome song.

Old 01-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #87
Rune
USER INFO »
burn it down is by far my favorite song on the album.

the vocal harmony is simply amazing (i love vocal harmonies, and the one they do on the chorus kicks ass, plus it's not a traditional harmony, it's really creative)
Old 01-24-2005, 03:52 PM   #88
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) So, what did you think of the performance? Comments... post away... (no it hasn't been aired yet, just posting in preperation lol)

Edit >> download here: http://www.alterbridgerocks.com/medi...v_appearances/

also btw, I'm reopening separate Alter Bridge forums - www.alterbridgerocks.com/community/
Hey Steve, for some reason my rig starts to DL, but won't finish. Running WM as a default player. do you think it makes a difference which player I'm using?
Old 02-05-2005, 04:25 AM   #89
katygal
USER INFO »
I just noticed the skull! OMG! And I had to have watched this numerous times lol

Who's idea was that i wonder?

btw Steve....I tried to login with my same pass in abrocks and I dunno what happened....It said failed maybe you can tell me how to reset it...
Old 02-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #90
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by katygal) I just noticed the skull! OMG! And I had to have watched this numerous times lol

What skull would that be?