++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-23-2003, 04:34 PM   #61
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by shari
If any of the band ever reads these posts:  Know that we love and support you and look forward to seeing you live again.  You're the best and we hope you continue to provide us with music to be fanatical about.  CREED ROCKS MY WORLD!!
Woo HooShari! You said it girl
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-23-2003, 04:55 PM   #62
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
AMERICA~Love It Or Leave It!....I'll LEAVE it!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-23-2003, 04:57 PM   #63
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Ya! What Jen said:devil:
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-23-2003, 04:58 PM   #64
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I've opined on this subject many a time, and I'm sorry for the young fans, too, but you know what? Disappointment is a part of life. Sometimes, you don't always get what you want.  And it was just a friggin concert, for crying out loud! We're not talking about a world crisis. There are FAR more worthy events to sue over. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You take your chances going to a concert, a movie, a sporting event, whatever. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it isn't.  

By the way, you or I really don't know the circumstances of Scott's *high* or *drunk* behavior, so you ought not be so judgmental.

End of rant.

You rock Dogstar, you are soooo right! Man if I could stand in their defense I would do it with all of my gusto!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-23-2003, 05:25 PM   #65
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
You rock Dogstar, you are soooo right! Man if I could stand in their defense I would do it with all of my gusto!

Me too, Jen!!!

Relearn Love
Old 04-23-2003, 07:52 PM   #66
jgaull
USER INFO »
Hey, yesterday I had a huge presentation at work. It was so big that we had to do it at the United Center. Unfortunately, I got drunk right before the presentation and couldn't even stand up for it. All of the people at the presentation were pissed at me and I lost my job.

Don't these people understand that I'm just a human being and we all make mistakes? I mean it's not like other people haven't given presentations drunk before.

On second thought, I guess I was getting paid to give that presentation and I probably should have waited until after it was over to drink. Maybe I should have apologized to those people too ... instead I told them that they experienced the most unique presentation I'd ever given. I thought they'd be happy to hear that but I was wrong. I guess I just didn't do what I was paid to do and therefore shouldn't get paid for that speech.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:00 PM   #67
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Apparantly you don't have anyone here to stand up for you...as I see no one making any excuse in your favor. Hmmmm...maybe you should go away and find a BB you're wanted at. You've got nothing else to do since you were...fired.

Where the hell are these people coming from? They are crawling out of the sewers
Old 04-23-2003, 08:06 PM   #68
robo74
USER INFO »
AustinRob dude... your an asshole.. how dare you have an opinion...how dare you state some good valid facts... and how dare you use the internet and this board! You have now sinned and are going to Creed Hell. WTF man... your just wrong, you cant come to this board and expect opened minds or nice people

Im an asshole for my bad English that a member has the urge to correct (not that she can find any other urges to satisfy).

Perhaps Steve should put a time limit on these accounts and perhaps it will force the b*%@!es to get a life!

People come here and post about good things as well as bad, people have to deal with it either way! No need to say they came from the sewers.

And correct that

Rob
Old 04-23-2003, 08:12 PM   #69
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Um, Rob...it's you're, which means you are. Your is possession, which is something you have ownership of. I'm wondering what you are in (or on) possession of. And...I'm means I am. And thank you very much, but the honorable members here do satisfy my urges to continue being a fan.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:15 PM   #70
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Robo74, you're just pissed off because some people don't agree with your opinion. You are entitled to yours just as others are entitled to theirs, so get over it. Not everyone is going to agree with you.

And don't be telling other *b*%@!es* who post here to get a life. You're certainly taking time from your life to do the same.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:17 PM   #71
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Robo, if you wanna know about urges, VISIT THE FANTASY VAULT!!!!!!!! :P

And by the way, you have no OWANGE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 08:28 PM   #72
robo74
USER INFO »
Old 04-23-2003, 08:38 PM   #73
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Good come-back.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:21 PM   #74
jgaull
USER INFO »
Crest Tattoo,

Because I don't agree with everything Creed has ever done, that means I came from the sewers.

My point is that Creed agreed to go on tour and come to Chicago. They got paid to do so. That makes it a job. If I come to my work drunk, they'll fire me. I don't think Scott Stapp should be fired but I also don't think he deserves to get paid for not doing his job. $2 million sounds like too much. How about just a free show for everyone that still has their ticket stub from that night?

Can you tell me why Creed deserves to get paid even though they didn't perform their job because of alcohol?
Old 04-23-2003, 11:28 PM   #75
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by robaustin1701
<b>My opinion (which I also posted over on the Creed Pit, sorry if some of you are seeing this twice)

I actually think those fans suing Creed have a decent chance of winning. This was an extreme circumstance, and since it was not resolved properly, they are well within their rights to file the lawsuit.

Moreover - maybe this will make any other rock star who likes to f*ck around and in turn gives his fans a poor performance &nbsp;due to drugs or alcohol (or any OTHER reason) - a reason to stay sober - and a reason to get on with the show, and give their ALL every single night.

Performing is Scott's job. The person who buys the ticket to the concert is Scott's client. If that person is given a less than adequate performance (by the standards of other shows on the tour) they should be entitled to get their money back. IT's well documented what other shows on the tour looked like (and I was at two of those shows and they were AWESOME!) It's well documented what happened at Chicago. Chicago was an extremely poor show. Scott did NOT do his job as a performer. This is not about a personal attack on Scott, or on any band member. IT's about not performing up to the standard - the standard by which Scott and the band set in other shows on the tour. I've seen the band twice, my wife has seen them 7 times. &nbsp;

What I think is happening here - is that everyone takes this so PERSONALLY - they are forgetting to take a step back and look at it logically, and rationally.

Saying things like "Get over it" are just defense mechanisms for people to use - to avoid looking at the real problem. Making excuses like "well everyone has a bad day" are just that - excuses. Everyone does have a bad day. Not everyone comes to work drunk off their gourd and unable to perform their job. Scott did that, and he should be held accountable for that. Sorry folks, I really think you're not taking off the rose colored glasses. You've put the band on such a high pedestal, youy're not willing to look at the rational argument this lawsuit brings.

And - I can't believe that some people here would be so insensitive to other fans who may not have the support of this board (or know about it) and who love the band as much as you guys do - especially young fans - to say to THEM "IT's just a show, get over it." Because I'm sure that when you were 13 and went to a concert - and saw your idol up there on that stage - with that money you saved for months - you expected that band to be the best they could be. And if that band f*cked around, you would probably be heart broken. And - that's all the more reason why Scott - who has such a big heart for kids - should KNOW he SHOULDN'T have f*cked around like that. But somehow, some way, that night he didn't care about anyone else but himself - as any alcoholic or drug user does. They care nothing but for themselves. If he truly cared about his job, about his fans, and about the concert that night, he would NOT have MADE that choice to drink to excess and come out like that.

Whatever pain he was/is in - that doesn't excuse the behavior he exhibited - and the choice that he made that night, and it should not excuse the band from somehow "making good" on a decent show, or refunding the concert goer's money. Any concert goer who went to that show deserves their money back.

I know this is an unpopular opinion. I know most of you think I'm being an insensitive idiot. "Oh pity poor Scott, he was in pain." "Oh get over it, it's only a concert." Guess what? If Scott was so wonderful and honorable as all here purport - he would have faced the music, and done something good, and honorable - either given another concert, or refunded people's money who wanted a refund. He's only human. Humans make mistakes. Humans also own up to their mistakes when they make them, and make up for them when they can. They don't sweep them under the rug and hope that it goes away. He made a mistake that night - one that will likely haunt him for a long time. He let the fans down. Fans like you guys, who love the band with all their hearts. You can't tell me there are fans out there that didn't love the band the way you do, who felt cheated that night. In this country, if you feel cheated, you stand up and say so. If the one who cheated you doesn't stand up and apologize and make good, you can pursue legal action. Just because they're a celebrity, just because they "had a bad day" doesn't give them an excuse to tell you to "get over it."

If this didn't happen with Creed, it would eventually have happened with another artist or band who screwed up. You're making this about "the establishment" versus Creed. "Support the band! Down with the lawsuit! Down with the MAN! Goverment is BAD! Those people aren't REAL fans - a REAL fan would take the good with the bad! THey'd suck it up!" That's NOT what this is about. &nbsp;
IT's about the principle, and it's about doing the RIGHT and honorable thing. Which they didn't do.

Or do I just make too much sense for this board?

--*Rob </b>
AWESOME POST. You took the words right out of my mouth.