++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-26-2004, 08:15 PM   #16
Agent D
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Haha ok then.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:20 AM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) Nope, you don't need a high speed modem. Dial up is fine, it will just take you longer to get the stuff.....but then, I don't predict that my computer has a hot date or anything that would necessitate the need for you to rush. Take it at your own speed.

Thanks, Jez ...I have mIRC, but I have had trouble staying connected with it. It has bumped me off repeatedly every time I've tried to use it. I thought maybe it had something to do with my having dial-up
Old 01-27-2004, 12:20 PM   #18
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Thanks, Jez ...I have mIRC, but I have had trouble staying connected with it. It has bumped me off repeatedly every time I've tried to use it. I thought maybe it had something to do with my having dial-up
Perhaps you're in need of an update on the program? Are you running the latest version? If you are unsure, I can get you the link to a combo installation of mIRC and invision. Invision is a plugin in for mirc that let's you use a somewhat different interface to access the board/chat/files. It's sooooooo cool! No more typing in dos commands.....simply click your way thru. It even talks to you to tell you what's going on.
I don't know why you're having problems...I have not ever bee just booted from the system unless there is a netsplit, and then everyone is disconnected for a very short time....but then it re-connects you without you having to prompt it. Maybe you should give this other thing a try? I"ll pm you with info if you're interested.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 01-27-2004, 01:17 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes, please do. I appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:46 PM   #20
AlanCart
USER INFO »
hey jez, it looks like you know your stuff pretty well,

im having trouble using mirc i can do everything up to the part where you have to type "get and the file name" i cant get past that, i type get and whatever the file says , and then it says invalid something, i forgot.

could someone help me out?
Old 01-27-2004, 11:50 PM   #21
hide
USER INFO »
if anyone can help me out in getting House of Blues ( i don't have my own comp to download them at this stage) and other Creed performances of a high standard could you let me know here or email at [email protected]
Old 01-28-2004, 02:04 AM   #22
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by AlanCart) hey jez, it looks like you know your stuff pretty well,

im having trouble using mirc i can do everything up to the part where you have to type "get and the file name" i cant get past that, i type get and whatever the file says , and then it says invalid something, i forgot.

could someone help me out?
Hello AlanCart Welcome to the board, for starters. I don't claim to know everything but perhaps I know why you're having the problems that you are. I think that you are accidently copying the entire file name instead of just the necessary information. You need to copy and paste (after the get command) the file name all the way up to and including they type of file that it is (.mpg, for example) but do NOT include the actual filesize that follows.

Wait, lol.....I just looked in my DCC log and it says that you have successfully received a few things from me this evening while I was out....so you must be doing something right! I also see that the last time that you tried to access my server that you forgot to put the / in front of the ctcp for me.....then you left, probably out of frustration. Don't worry, you'll get it There is a program that is like a plugin for mIRC called invision....I think you saw me explaining it to Dogstar earlier. Are you interested in this?
Here is the link to the site where you can get invision as a stand alone program (you must be using version 6.12 of mIRC) or if you don't have version 6.12, you can download the invision/mirc combo. It's on the left side. I hope I helped you at least a little bit

Creed~~Bullets
Old 01-28-2004, 02:05 AM   #23
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) if anyone can help me out in getting House of Blues ( i don't have my own comp to download them at this stage) and other Creed performances of a high standard could you let me know here or email at [email protected]

Hide, send me a pm like I asked you to in my first reply to you on page one.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 01-28-2004, 11:02 AM   #24
creedtri
USER INFO »
Hey Jez or someone I need some help with that mirc thing. All I need to know is how to use the "get" command? I tried typing get<space>Filename it didn't seem to work and kept saying invalid file name. If someone could help me on this one thing I would greatly appreciate it. I get into the myowncreed and get in the in concerts dir but then just don't know how to download the files.

Thanks,
Kurt

oh and by the way I'm new here sup guys
________
Meta one
________
Ford excursion

Last edited by creedtri : 02-15-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:28 AM   #25
Jez
USER INFO »
Hello, Kurt..welcome to the board

Did you read my post to AlanCart a couple up? It's probably the same thing you're doing.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 01-28-2004, 07:44 PM   #26
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
welcome, newbie...

Jez, if I may ask you what my problem is... I d/eded all the softwares, but I can't connect to any server... I dunno what to do
Old 01-28-2004, 07:55 PM   #27
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
what server do you use?

It seems I need to send an e-mail do EFNet so I can connect...
Old 01-29-2004, 05:05 PM   #28
Jez
USER INFO »
Sorry that I didn't see this until just now.

Maybe you have something in your options that is not right. Did you use a tutorial in order to do the set up? I can get on some form of Instant messenger, if necessary, if you need me to walk you thru the set up.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 01-29-2004, 07:09 PM   #29
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I don't know... A message appeared saying I'd have to register on the server...

What server do you use? (on options thing: DALnet, EFnet, etc...)
Old 01-29-2004, 07:35 PM   #30
AlanCart
USER INFO »
EFnet

hey jez, the version of mIRC i have says its not registered and i have 28days left , is this like a trial version or do i have to register it ?