++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-13-2005, 12:04 AM   #16
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) video doesn't work for me... It appears it's acquiring license forever and then I get an error.

Eteam is not avaliable for non american areas...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-13-2005, 12:46 AM   #17
creedchick02
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Eteam is not avaliable for non american areas...

I am in Boston MA....
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 10-13-2005, 01:37 AM   #18
Chase
USER INFO »
It's kind of like Alter Bridge's "Open Your Eyes" video. Just the band playing nothing else. I don't see what's wrong with that.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:41 AM   #19
bobben
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Eteam is not avaliable for non american areas...

I'm from Norway and I'm in it! Just type in a zip code of your choice when you register...and your in!
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #20
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) It's kind of like Alter Bridge's "Open Your Eyes" video. Just the band playing nothing else. I don't see what's wrong with that.
No, it's really not... I like the Open Your Eyes video, but I think this one is really poor!

In the OYE video there's lots of cool effects, a cooler environment to play in and 4 guys to film. In TGD video it's just Scott to film, the environment is pretty dark and boring and I don't think it has that much to do with the meaning of the song. PLUS all those light effects are really annoying.

I think this song might work pretty well on the radio, but it will get very few airplays on TV. First of all rock videos don't get too much airplays, if you compare to rap and R&N. Second of all it's just not good/cool enough. Pretty low budget. OYE was also pretty low budget, but I think that one was real cool. And well, the whole material is way too Christian to be played on MTV.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-13-2005 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:52 AM   #21
ItalianAB
USER INFO »
For me is a great video with a great Scott stapp!!!

Cool
Old 10-13-2005, 11:42 AM   #22
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Yeah, the video was crappy. It basically features Stapp on stage with his bandmates behind him performing the song. The stage looks to be clear with lights shining up through the stage. That's pretty much the whole video. The camera angles change from straight-on Stapp to left view of Stapp, to right view of Stapp, and repeat. Nothing at all to write home about. Knowing the lyrics to this song, I'm sure a really deep, or at least entertaining story-type video could have been shot?

Sounds like they ran out of money to shoot a decent video.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:57 AM   #23
Bullets
USER INFO »
I don't post here very often but this time I have a present for you all...I managed to rip the WMV file from windups RTSP server, however to my dismay the file was protected by DRM. So, after about an hour of trial and error I've stripped the DRM away from the file and now we have a nice, 10mb WMV which happens to be the Scott Stapp video. So for all the non-eteamers, Enjoy!

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...Q030CM149ZR2OF
Old 10-13-2005, 12:39 PM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thank you, Bullets!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:45 PM   #25
titan9
USER INFO »
I haven't seen the video yet(I'm patiently waiting for it to be done DLing, thanks a bunch Bullets!) but, based on what I'm gathering from here, it's a pretty simple video. Quite honestly, I don't think it is a bad idea to go with something fairly simple, considering it is the first video and the first single for Scott. If it were my call, the video would only feature him(and not the band) to signify that he's now a solo artist.

Obviously, they could have done a video that really fit the song, but they decided to go with something simple. I don't think that was because there was a lack of money(this is Scott Stapp we're talking about, a guy who was in a band that made WU millions of dollars, it's not like he's an unkown guy), but just because they wanted something simple. I think the next video will be more complex, but more complex does not always a good video make.

I think Scott's video will receive good airplay on VH1. They gave AB a TON of play for the first few months, and quite honestly, I can see this video doing well on their top 20 countdown, just as the video for OYE did well.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:50 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I just watched it (God bless wireless, hehe) and titan, you're right on. It is really simple and it does feature mostly Scott with a cut or two of the guitarist's hands and instrument and a quick cut of the drummer. It's not awful, but I'm not a big fan of the song. Scott looks pretty good, though. I'm sure it will get plenty of airplay. The formula of the song is very radio-friendly, and I think, sadly, that will do better than AB's stuff, even though I think AB's music is better.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:52 PM   #27
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PJAmerica Send a message via Yahoo to PJAmerica
I joined the E-team a few weeks ago and got a email today telling me about it. Was okay. really wierd ass video though.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:58 PM   #28
titan9
USER INFO »
Alright, I just watched the video. You know, I don't think it was as plain as I expected to be. It isn't the boring video that I thought it'd be. It's actually not that bad. All of the Creed videos, for the most part(well, at least the later ones) had a lot going on in the video. It's kinda nice, in a way, to have a more simplistic video this time around.

I decided to compare the OYE video to this one(just for the fun of it), and, I'd say they're on equal ground as far as simplicity is concerned. Both are fairly simple videos(one features the band outdoors, while the other has the band/singer indoors), but they aren't so simple that they put you to sleep. The videos get the job done and neither is awful, nor is either a great video. They're decent/good videos. I expect Stapp's next video to be even better.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:58 PM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The flashing light show was just annoying.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:22 PM   #30
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Thanks to Bullets for the video.
On my opinion the video is boring and cheese. Theres nothing excited about it. I cant even say that any of the Creed videos were as bad as this one...its just boring