++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Creed009
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Christian Review of Overcome

http://www.pluggedin.com/music/track...-Overcome.aspx

I was surfing the web and came across this article. This may not be a big deal, but it makes me a little mad to keep seeing all of this misinformation come out about Creed. The article states that they use the phrase "I'll be damned" in Overcome, when it's in fact "I'll be dammed." The reviewer also made it sound like Creed consistently uses profanity in their lyrics, when they don't. It may not be a bad idea to send a quick email to them asking them to change the article, because it could cause a large number of Christian people to not buy the album. Just my thoughts.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

you do know that their NOT a christian band right?

if christian people aren't gonna buy the album because of one line in a song, well than that is just stupid. christian music is the biggest joke in the music world, every song is about jesus which is fine but the way they word the lyrics its just so lame, anyone could start a christian band and make a ton of money.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
nagpo
USER INFO »

The less the christian community is interested in this the better, imo. No more "creed is a christian band".

As you can tell, I'm not a very religious person.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #4
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) The less the christian community is interested in this the better, imo. No more "creed is a christian band".

As you can tell, I'm not a very religious person.

I'll be damned" in Overcome, when it's in fact "I'll be dammed."

Can somebody please explain to me why they word it "I'll be dammed." Most people are going to conclude that Stapp is saying I'll be damned"
Old 10-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

[quote=creediscool17]you do know that their NOT a christian band right?

if christian people aren't gonna buy the album because of one line in a song, well than that is just stupid. christian music is the biggest joke in the music world, every song is about jesus which is fine but the way they word the lyrics its just so lame, anyone could start a christian band and make a ton of money.[/QUOTE

I'm a christian, but I agree that a lot of the music is always talking to "you" (which could be Jesus or your gf). I think there are good christian bands out there, but a lot of the music is weak.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Please relax people. It's unlikely this review is going to make a difference. Also, keep in mind that it is one person's point of view. The website does not speak for the 1 billion Christians in the world.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
Creed009
USER INFO »

I know that Creed isn't a Christian band. I just don't like all of the misinformation that gets put out about Creed. This guy makes it sounds like Creed is some kind of an evil band. This isn't a huge deal by any means, but there are some parents that won't let their kids listen to music that has profanity in it. And the person who wrote this article misled a lot of people.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by My Sacrifice) I'll be damned" in Overcome, when it's in fact "I'll be dammed."

Can somebody please explain to me why they word it "I'll be dammed." Most people are going to conclude that Stapp is saying I'll be damned"
Sorry, I don't personally know creed.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #9
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Deleted by User

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-19-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #10
Creed009
USER INFO »

The official lyrics are "I'll be dammed," not "I'll be damned." Passion Breeds Followers has the official lyrics on their site. It means "I'll be held back fighting you." It isn't any kind of a curse word, which was what I was pointing out. But yeah, I will admit that they cursed at the end of "What's This Life For?"
Old 10-06-2009, 11:50 PM   #11
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Deleted by User

Old 10-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #12
in reality
USER INFO »

Thanks for the link. I thought Overcome got higher than 10 on billboard mainstream rock, maybe not. I liked the part where it says Overcome is about determination amid dissolution, that is a good description of this excellent song. Too bad many christian review sites worry a bit too much about lyric content when certainly in this case they shouldn't. I wonder if more christian music sites will even check Creed song's out. Probably not.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:59 AM   #13
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Deleted by User

Old 10-07-2009, 01:21 AM   #14
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Stapp has finally admitted to actually being a 'christian' & a peace with his faith now so this isn't a surprise. I don't see it being bad either, it's just more exposure for the band.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #15
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed009) http://www.pluggedin.com/music/track...-Overcome.aspx

I was surfing the web and came across this article. This may not be a big deal, but it makes me a little mad to keep seeing all of this misinformation come out about Creed. The article states that they use the phrase "I'll be damned" in Overcome, when it's in fact "I'll be dammed." The reviewer also made it sound like Creed consistently uses profanity in their lyrics, when they don't. It may not be a bad idea to send a quick email to them asking them to change the article, because it could cause a large number of Christian people to not buy the album. Just my thoughts.
Thanks For posting Peace Be Wit,em i dont think at all they misunderstand The VERSE For No Thought Nor Supplication Is Hid From God And through out creeds music you can always hear the ups the downs the anger and the saving grace of situtions were most sterotype christians jars of clay mabey have not entered ya,alls PEACE BE WIT YA AGAIN and thanks for posting that review