++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #2011
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

That's spot on Sis!!! By his grace and Holy Spirit, he directs the thoughts, affections, and designs of good men... By his providence he overrules events, so as to make their way plain.

Heaven

Old 02-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #2012
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 18th

"Heartache and suffering."

Heartache has a way of pointing us to the Lord Jesus, who has shared in our sufferings and can bring meaning to seemingly senseless pain... Suffering can teach us what we can’t learn in any other way. When two men walked the road to Emmaus, they were dumbfounded by the senseless murder of Jesus of Nazareth. Then a stranger joined them and gave scriptural insight about the suffering Messiah. The stranger was Jesus Himself, and His ministry to them brought comfort.

Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?

Luke 24:26

Heaven

Old 02-19-2008, 06:16 AM   #2013
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 19th

"Let God complete his love in you."

Can you imagine what an honor it is to have the Creator of the universe, the Lord God Almighty, living inside of you! But when we love each other, that is exactly what happens. When our hearts are full of love, there is room for God. When they are not full of love, we leave God little room to take up residence and produce his character in us.

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

1 John 4:11-12

Heaven

Old 02-20-2008, 06:18 AM   #2014
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 20th

"Gossip."

Gossip is neither little nor harmless. Its consequences are huge and its damage horrible. Instead, it is much better to be a peacemaker and an offense-mender.

He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.

Proverbs 17:9

Heaven

Old 02-21-2008, 06:21 AM   #2015
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 21st

"Between the eternities..."

We are travelers in a world that offers no lasting peace or rest. And while there is only one eternity, we travel between eternity past and eternity future, waiting for promises of a home and a hope that will last forever... Promises yet to be fulfilled. We look ahead by faith in Christ. One day, we will experience the promises of eternity when faith will become sight as we see Him. That hope is what lifts us beyond life between the eternities to a joy that is eternal.

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them.

Hebrews 11:13

Heaven

Old 02-22-2008, 06:24 AM   #2016
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 22nd

"Reverence without fear."

What is there to fear if God sent his Son to die to redeem us? What is there to fear if we cannot be separated from the love God has for us in Christ Jesus? What is there to fear except ourselves? As we love God and his children, we are reminded by his love for us, which is far better than our meager love for others. Rather than run from him in fear, we bow before him in thanks, knowing that he who hears our prayers is also he who loves us and stops our fears.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

1 John 4:18

Heaven

Old 02-23-2008, 06:22 AM   #2017
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 23rd

"Father of all grace and mercy."

I cannot think of anything I'd prefer the Holy God to be rich in than mercy. I know my failures, shortcomings, sins, and transgressions. Without his mercy to pardon, and without his grace to send Jesus to pardon at first, I would be lost and without God. Now, because of his rich mercy, my life is tied to Jesus' future and not the one I earned for myself.

Because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:4-5

Heaven

Old 02-24-2008, 08:14 AM   #2018
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 24th

"God is love."

It's all very simple. God is love. He is its origin, example, and architect. I love because he loved me first. I know how to love because he has demonstrated it. I can love because he made me to have his likeness. He is the fountain, the motivation, and the pinnacle of love. I love because he does, first, last, and always.

We love because [God] first loved us.

1 John 4:19

Heaven

Old 02-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #2019
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
God Is Love,

And Has We Draw Nigher TO HIM gloryyyyyyy we will suffer violence as his kindom sufferth violence a long message there GLORY, He Wants Us To Show Us His LOVE THAT IS RICH MERCIFUL AS IT IS MIGHTY And we dont know How Much He Does Loves Us OUR TRIALS Brings Us to THAT PLACE OF HIS LOVE, I Will Praise THEE FOR THOU HAST HEARED ME AND ART BECOME MY SALVATION Ever Notice Brother david How HE SHOW HIS SELF APPROVED TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT HE IS OUR SALVATION HE WILL PICK UP THE PIECES TIME AND TIME AGAIN OHHHHHHHHHH, GLORY THE STONE WHICH THE BULIDERS REFUSED IS BECOME THE HEAD CORNERSTONE Psalm 18, 21, 29
Old 02-25-2008, 06:26 AM   #2020
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

From the pieces of my shattered life, He made me whole again more than once... Even when I thought all hope was lost.

Heaven

Old 02-25-2008, 06:28 AM   #2021
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 25th

"The substance of the commandments."

Some things are just not very complicated. Living for Jesus can be boiled down to two principles: love God with everything I am and have, and love others and treat them as I would like to be treated. Not too hard to understand. I guess it's living it that is the challenge!

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.

Matthew 22:37-39

Heaven

Old 02-26-2008, 06:17 AM   #2022
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 26th

"God the Son."

Love is a verb. We can't say it enough. Love must not only be spoken, but must also be shown. The beginning of love is God. He showed his love in the most sacrificial of ways so we could know our incredible value to him. The price of our adoption was the emptying of heaven of its greatest treasure, God the Son, who is our Savior.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

1 John 4:9

Heaven

Old 02-27-2008, 06:21 AM   #2023
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 27th

"Talk is cheap."

You can tell me with your words, but I'll show it with my life. In a world where barter has replaced sacrificial and steadfast love, let's go against the grain and do the truth! Put your life where your mouth is. We know the slogans, now let's live love in truth.

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

1 John 3:18

Heaven

Old 02-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #2024
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 28th

"No doubt."

It is natural and human to doubt the Lord sometimes. He understands that. He knows what is best for us, even when it doesn't agree with what we want. Just don't give up. The Lord breaks through our desert spots, to comfort us when we cry. If we want results immediately, and we decide beforehand what we will accept as an answer and what we will not. Who says that we get to make the rules? It just doesn't work that way... Try not to doubt His ways during your trials.

O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

Psalm 22:2

Heaven

Old 02-28-2008, 09:16 PM   #2025
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Glory

brother for it is a good To Delight In The Will OF THE LORD WHERE HE SET FORTH RIGHTENSOUNESS BEFORE HIM AND NONE AFTER HIM WOULD FURFILL HIS GLORY Psalm 40,verse 5 Many O Lord My God Are Thy Wonderful Works Which Thou Hast Done And Thy Thoughts Which Are To Us Ward Cannot Be Reckoned Up In Order UNTO THEE Gloryy If I Would Delcare Theme And Speak Of Theme THEY ARE SURLEY MORE THAN CAN BE NUMBERED,