++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 01-22-2003, 09:47 PM   #1
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What are the most scary moments of your life?

Just curious as to what are the most scary times or moments in your life?

For me it is 2!
1) Sept 11, 2001! I don't think I have ever been so terrified in my life! Working 30 minutes from the Pentagon and watching the Trade Center live on TV be hit was horrific! I was working that day and our hospital was on Lock down mode in preperation to receive patients from the Pentagon, needless to say we had none This day has changed my views and really my thinking FOREVER!!!! I weeped for days on end, and still cry when I think of all the sacrifices made on that day! But I was damn terrified, I layed in bed that night unable to sleep and everytime I heard a airplane (I live practically on an Army base) go over my house low I literally shook with fear! This day made me put many things in perspective!

2) The next most terrifying time I ever had was the recent Sniper attacks in my area! That was VERY SCARY, one of the victims was shot 1 mile from my hospital, and another practically in my back yard! It was horrible, I was afraid to pump gas, afraid to go to the store and terrified to walk to my car from the parking garage at work (surrounded by thick woods) It was an awful time, and I thank god everday it is over! WHEW!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-22-2003, 09:51 PM   #2
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
wow that is freakin awful Jen so so sorry you had to go through that...

You know...i haven't really been through any scary stuff in my life...i am really lucky.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-22-2003, 09:54 PM   #3
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by addicted2stapp
wow that is freakin awful Jen so so sorry you had  to go through that...

You know...i haven't really been through any scary stuff in my life...i am really lucky.

Try and keep it that way!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-22-2003, 09:58 PM   #4
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
For me, there were a few.
#1. When I had to take both my girls to the Pediatric Cardiologist for heart murmurs. The doctor said Jenn was fine but had to do more tests on Amanda. I have never been so scared. I had my heart in my throat, pulse racing, head pounding the whole time she was getting the sonogram of her heart. For 40 minutes I held my breath. When he finally came back into the exam room and told me she was fine, I almost cried. My heart hit the floor and came back up.
#2. Sept. 11. 2001. My husband is in the Naval Reserves, 3 years from retirement. My brother is an ex-Marine and now a Firefighter. My heart ached for all the military personnel we lost at the Pentagon and for all the Firefighters we lost in the WTC. Most horrible day of all time.
#3. Have to agree with you, Jen. The sniper attacks were very scary. My husband was scheduled to run in the Marine Corps Marathon and the attacks all happened in the weeks leading up to the race. I did NOT want him to drive down to DC, nor did I want him to participate in the race for fear of some lunatic taking shots at the runners from some office building. And I certainly didn't want to bring my kids down with me to watch the race with the sniper still on the loose. Thank God they caught them about 4 days before the race.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-22-2003, 10:02 PM   #5
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
I atleast know how you feel Jen about the planes flying over..I used to live real close to our Int'l Airport and that night I sat out watching the planes fly over, just to make sure that they kept on going!! That was really scary!!
The only experience I can think of that really terrified me, was when my dad had quadruple (sp) by-pass surgery..it was the longest and scariest day of my life, I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 01-22-2003, 10:14 PM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Honestly, for months I couldn't even look at an airplane without seeing that awful picture of it going into a building. If I'd see a plane in the sky I'd have to look away.

Old 01-22-2003, 10:25 PM   #7
JenRN
USER INFO »
I practically live on an Army base and let me tell you, the fear of seeing 100 camoflauge Hummer's going by your house, with machine guns and men hanging out of the top, was eerie!!!! Our small town was like "Red Dawn" remember that movie? It was scary, the base entrance was barricaded and men in uniform everywhere!!!!! Yeah the plane thing really got to me when I had to fly to Alaska this past summer That was one long ass flight! But my desire to go reined over my fear!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-22-2003, 10:47 PM   #8
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I swear, we go to McGuire AFB at least once a month. And the commissary and exchange are right next to the airfield. Honest to God, everytime we passed that airfield I felt like we had a huge target on top of our van. I just felt that all those big C-130 cargo planes out there on the tarmac were like sitting ducks for an air attack (my mind definitely played a lot of tricks on me). My husband kept telling me we were probably in the safest place we could possibly be, but I was always feeling very vulnerable next to those big planes.

Old 01-23-2003, 02:31 AM   #9
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Try and keep it that way!

i promise
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-23-2003, 10:28 AM   #10
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
ugh... I know... the (whatīs the opposite of intīl airpot? national? got a blank right now ) , whatever... the airport is a couple miles from my home... I know how you feel...
Old 01-23-2003, 12:51 PM   #11
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
Ok...this is not really the one of the Scariest moment(s) of my life....

But...

When ever my mom and me goes to a parade here in town.If and when theres clowns (yes clowns) are in the parade.Umm...yea. Letsd just say that i`m scared of THEM.

I mean if its in a movie,or in a picture, or magizine, or on tv or something like ...it dont bother me. But if its in reality ...idunno ....they just scare me...

So break yourself against my stones
And spit your pity in my soul
You never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself
And I won't listen to your shame
You ran away - you're all the same
Angels lie to keep control...
My love was punished long ago
If you still care, don't ever let me know
If you still care, don't ever let me know...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 01-23-2003, 06:02 PM   #12
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
June 9th1997, in the morning, standing in the kitchen all ALONE, when the phone rang, Someone from the hospitol my boy, Ian was in, called me to tell me, my boy had killed himself... I frooze, in disbelief....Noone was in my home with me.....I screamed. I didn't think this kind of news came over the phone!:embarass: "How conciderate of these people to tell a mom, her son was dead, over the phone" :embarass:
Old 01-23-2003, 06:05 PM   #13
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Old 01-23-2003, 06:06 PM   #14
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°

Angel Boy Ian
Old 01-23-2003, 06:40 PM   #15
DangerousDan85