++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-14-2004, 02:28 PM   #31
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Just to defend sweetrelief somemore... I think in the original thread that I later closed and locked everyone was getting some information wrong. People made the assumption that sweetrelief obtained the information because it was going through her lawfirm. That, as she has stated, is not the case. The lawsuit was filed in Orange County. Once a lawsuit is filed it is public record. Being public record doesn't necessarily mean that you can obtain it through the Internet. It all depends on how that county handles their legal system. For instance, in my county (Milwaukee, WI) you can view information on any lawsuit by going to the county's court website. You can search for a party's name and all suits will be shown. But back to sweetrelief... she only posted what she read in a legal newspaper. She did nothing that was illegal or unethical. Please do not attack anyone for posting news on the site, whether or not you agree with it. If it's negative and you dislike it, ignore it.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 09-14-2004, 02:30 PM   #32
Shadow
USER INFO »
you totally missed the point

Quote: I will hit it down to the Courthouse for the trial . . should be interesting

I will be able to keep everyone informed of the truth despite what Stapp may or may not say

So then, these comments aren't yours from someplace else.

Respond as you will, but I'm done discussing this. Say what you will about Scott (and I know you've said plenty) - it doesn't change how his diehard fans feel about him.

Have a nice day.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:34 PM   #33
sweetrelief
USER INFO »
oh my god that's a joke . . . thanks for the smile
Old 09-14-2004, 02:34 PM   #34
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Just to defend sweetrelief somemore... I think in the original thread that I later closed and locked everyone was getting some information wrong. People made the assumption that sweetrelief obtained the information because it was going through her lawfirm. That, as she has stated, is not the case. The lawsuit was filed in Orange County. Once a lawsuit is filed it is public record. Being public record doesn't necessarily mean that you can obtain it through the Internet. It all depends on how that county handles their legal system. For instance, in my county (Milwaukee, WI) you can view information on any lawsuit by going to the county's court website. You can search for a party's name and all suits will be shown. But back to sweetrelief... she only posted what she read in a legal newspaper. She did nothing that was illegal or unethical. Please do not attack anyone for posting news on the site, whether or not you agree with it. If it's negative and you dislike it, ignore it.
Steve - are you kidding me or what? You believe the fact that she read this in a newspaper. Now I have heard it all.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:36 PM   #35
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
I'm sorry Shadow but it's the truth.

Old 09-14-2004, 02:42 PM   #36
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I'm sorry Shadow but it's the truth.
Steve, I know things are public information. Probably too much is and shouldn't be. That was not my point. You are obviously not familiar with who she is. And I'm sorry to disagree with you of all people.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:43 PM   #37
sweetrelief
USER INFO »
who am I . . I'm even interested to hear this one. And Thanks Steve for being so understanding.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:03 PM   #38
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I'm beginning to think all of this is becoming funny... it's not like Stapp couldn't afford it... and it's not like he couldn't settle it before it went to court... I'm not saying he's innocent nor that he's guilty... I just think it's odd.

And I second Steve's post on sweetrelief. Once it's public record, it's public! lol

If her decision to post it was right or not... it depends on her intentions were good or not. I dunno if I would post it if I were in the same situation, but I'd probably comment it with my close friends... And maybe it was better this way, with she posting it for us first... Imagine if we had seen it on Court TV to learn it. It would be worse, imo.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:13 PM   #39
sweetrelief
USER INFO »
hey Thanks . . it's really not that big a deal but I still wonder who I am!
Old 09-14-2004, 03:16 PM   #40
musiclover291
USER INFO »
I have to say in my opinion if her intentions were good she would have posted like you did Steve with a link so that we could read the information her first post and what was stated was slander in relation to the smoking gun link. I agree Bridge of Clay Stapp has $60,000 grand we don't know the facts I'm sure if he wanted to hide the matter he would have paid the money before it hit the press. The timing makes you really think because he just release "Relearn Love" and promoting his single and then Sept. 2nd he gets hit with a lawsuit.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:22 PM   #41
Frankie
USER INFO »
Thank you...who ever posted the link...I can't remember after wading past some things...All I wanted to see was a document.
We allow nothing of this nature to be posted at PBF without documentation.
Again thank you.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:42 PM   #42
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) I have to say in my opinion if her intentions were good she would have posted like you did Steve with a link so that we could read the information her first post and what was stated was slander in relation to the smoking gun link. I agree Bridge of Clay Stapp has $60,000 grand we don't know the facts I'm sure if he wanted to hide the matter he would have paid the money before it hit the press. The timing makes you really think because he just release "Relearn Love" and promoting his single and then Sept. 2nd he gets hit with a lawsuit.

The information wasn't posted online until after she posted. (The Smoking Gun info)

Old 09-14-2004, 03:43 PM   #43
sweetrelief
USER INFO »
I thought everyone would know the link because I thought everyone was computer savy as far as public records, as soon as someone asked for it, I posted it. But I am still wondering . . who am I
Old 09-14-2004, 05:02 PM   #44
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Sweet, welcome to my nightmare. LOL

I actually had someone tell me at another board that public records were no one's business.......

At any rate, I simply took something that was public record, regarding Scott Stapp, and (after accidentally posting in the wrong forum) had it posted in a Stapp forum. The problem arises because people can't handle anything with an even remotely negative connotation.

As I stated at another site: This lawsuit could be completely frivolous in which case the court will throw it out; Cameron could be full of shit and Stapp could walk away an exonerated man. But the fact remains that a lawsuit has been filed. Deal with it!

And I apologize if my post was misleading as to how Sweet originally gained the information. I made the assumption that people knew how the legal community gets it's info on the legal happenings in the area. That was wrong on my part, and I apologize.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:17 PM   #45
musiclover291
USER INFO »
That was my point. Maybe I wasn't clear I believe the information should've been posted with a link so that we can read the information and after reading the link it is no big deal. He broke away from management and they sued for money that they feel he should pay maybe Stapp feels he shouldn't pay the bill and the person sued. People all the time especially people in the spotlight are sued. Then the rehab again no big deal Stapp himself acknowledged being on medication to finish the tour he gain weight etc. I would be surprised if he didn't need rehab to recover. It's just ashame that everything this man does is taken in a negative light. Like I have said earlier Stapp rock on in Miami!!!

RockGoddess no problem I agree you could have posted the information but with a link I think that many Stapp fans myself included feels like why all the negative responses about Stapp this stuff happens everyday. I think that the original post came off very negative and I still wonder about the time of the suit around the time he launching his solo work and it just makes me wonder but your right we just have to wait and see.

Last edited by musiclover291 : 09-14-2004 at 05:23 PM.