++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #46
Inspired
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

I think the two bands existing would make sense if they really sounded different.

I also wonder if the rushing to get the album done and the writing in parts contributed to the suckiness. It's like Tremonti has a cool metal riff and Myles has an anthemic chorus so they just stuck them together. It doesn't work.

I just don't get why Tremonti says things, like how WAWO was just a filler song and overplayed and then AB releases the single Wonderful Life that is the exact same kind of song. We are they so concerned with mass appeal especially when they have two bands?

To address the other discussion. I don't think Creed can be a full time band given the deterioration of Stapp's voice.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #47
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) I think the two bands existing would make sense if they really sounded different.

I also wonder if the rushing to get the album done and the writing in parts contributed to the suckiness. It's like Tremonti has a cool metal riff and Myles has an anthemic chorus so they just stuck them together. It doesn't work.

I just don't get why Tremonti says things, like how WAWO was just a filler song and overplayed and then AB releases the single Wonderful Life that is the exact same kind of song. We are they so concerned with mass appeal especially when they have two bands?

To address the other discussion. I don't think Creed can be a full time band given the deterioration of Stapp's voice.

I forget exactly what song. But there is a song on this album that literally is the WAWO intro just picked differently. Also, the last creed album and AB III sound nothing similar. Polar oposites actually. Full Circle was good. AB III wasn't. Lol.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #48
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I know what you mean. But what do you expect, you go to a forum that holds the most die hard AB fans and expect them not to be like that? The great thing about CreedFeed, is that whether its a Creed album or AB album, at first, most of us all hate it. lol.

I listened to it a second time today, it was a little better. But man, it just cant hold my attention.

I'm just upset that we were told it was heavy when it's not.

Also, I expect from them what I expect from everybody. Rational thought. Not instant erections because it was tremo's name on it.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #49
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) I forget exactly what song. But there is a song on this album that literally is the WAWO intro just picked differently. Also, the last creed album and AB III sound nothing similar. Polar oposites actually. Full Circle was good. AB III wasn't. Lol.
That would be Life Must Go On. Sounds extremely similar to WAWO.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #50
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) I'm just upset that we were told it was heavy when it's not.

Also, I expect from them what I expect from everybody. Rational thought. Not instant erections because it was tremo's name on it.

----I think the album was pretty heavy for them..I mean Metalingus is like one of their heaviest songs..Slip to the void is an amazing song as well as I know It hurts, Ghosts of days, and Coer d' Alene..I get hooked the more I listen..There are a lot of fillers..no doubt..But I think these songs plus Isolation is not a bad effort..Although I do agree it should have been a bit heavier---
Old 10-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #51
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) I'm just upset that we were told it was heavy when it's not.

The Good Lord DESPIETH A Complainer, im kiding guys, i,ll be gay if i can get my preorder in on time, if the album as a lot of structure in it, its going to have more melody than a raw heavey edge, the best way my friend is to handle that big disapoinmeant, is except nothing from no one, is except the good Lord, he wont let ya down, you,ll find its less disapointing that way.... Peace Be With You... have a great week or close to it as we get,
Old 10-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #52
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

I don't know if this crosses the lines of forum rules (Steve, please delete this post if it is, apologies in advance), but could someone PM me a link to a working torrent for AB III? Thanks!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #53
Inspired
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) I forget exactly what song. But there is a song on this album that literally is the WAWO intro just picked differently. Also, the last creed album and AB III sound nothing similar. Polar oposites actually. Full Circle was good. AB III wasn't. Lol.

I don't think the albums sounds the same as much as they as it is the exact same style and format. It mostly sounds like two different bands, but both bands' albums are the same idea- athemic radio rock with some heavy riffs and songs thrown in. If AB is the more "creative" band that is not so concerned with record sales, why do they put in all that pop/soft rock/anthemic stuff in there?

That is also what I meant by Wonderful Life being like WAWO, it's not so much the sound as it's the same type of song. Sappy, anthemic soft rock. I think that Life Must Go On is the same type of song as Higher (and I think they do sound a little alike too). To put it another way it's like Life Must Go On is this album's Higher.

I thought the point of AB was to get away from all that.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:23 AM   #54
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan

Yeah there maybe hints of creed in ab III (from what I heard so far) but i am tired of hearing that reference.

It's anthemic rock, uninspired, and bland considering Blackbird. Sounds like the songs were rush, almost sound the same, bad mix, and a very muddled sound (doubt it was my source).

The songs dont have an indiviudal identity to them (no good licks, rifts, hooks, etc). There is no distinct variety i would say (heavy, soft, it does not matter as long as it sounds good )

I would say its an okay record but I wish they had more time to do this. They are not really going to tour in the states until next fall (maybe), so they had time to sit on it and polish it and get done with side projects (that includes Creed)

Words Darker, Wonderful Life, and Isolation are the stand out tracks so far they do tend to rise out of the muddle mess as of right now. I am sure that this will grow, its Alter Bridge after all.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #55
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan) Yeah there maybe hints of creed in ab III (from what I heard so far) but i am tired of hearing that reference.

It's anthemic rock, uninspired, and bland considering Blackbird. Sounds like the songs were rush, almost sound the same, bad mix, and a very muddled sound (doubt it was my source).

The songs dont have an indiviudal identity to them (no good licks, rifts, hooks, etc). There is no distinct variety i would say (heavy, soft, it does not matter as long as it sounds good )

I would say its an okay record but I wish they had more time to do this. They are not really going to tour in the states until next fall (maybe), so they had time to sit on it and polish it and get done with side projects (that includes Creed)

Words Darker, Wonderful Life, and Isolation are the stand out tracks so far they do tend to rise out of the muddle mess as of right now. I am sure that this will grow, its Alter Bridge after all.

Wonderful Life isn't very good, heard it all before... As of now, the one I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned anywhere as a favourite is Coeur D'Alene. Mark's riffs remind me of a few songs off of One Day Remains and this contains one of the smoothest chorus transitions on the album also has a Full Circle sounding intro with the bass notes being played. Another favourite of mine is Still Remains. This tracks bridge is just pure Metal and Tremonti really shines plus it reminds me of Slipknot(the band on the All hope is gone album) and Creed mixed together. Another is Show Me A Sign which also contains some superb riffs and chords.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #56
Inspired
USER INFO »

I think Slip to the Void is by far the best song, it's unusual, heavy and creative and doesn't sound like every other rock band on the radio. If they can write songs this good the rest of the album shouldn't suck so much. The song is melodic so there is no need for that anthem crap. I really don't like how they are playing down to their audience.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #57
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) I think Slip to the Void is by far the best song, it's unusual, heavy and creative and doesn't sound like every other rock band on the radio. If they can write songs this good the rest of the album shouldn't suck so much. The song is melodic so there is no need for that anthem crap. I really don't like how they are playing down to their audience.

They're trying hard to get noticed that's for sure. You have to give in to some degree with what today's general music "fans" like because if they didn't it would end up like One Day Remains, which is superb, but no one knew the band all that well, and let's be honest, people still don't know them...
Old 10-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #58
Inspired
USER INFO »

But isn't that what Creed is for?

And do today's music fans really like that anthemic sound? I thought that is why people don't like Creed, because of that over the top arean rock "notice us" sound.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RangerJim) They're trying hard to get noticed that's for sure. You have to give in to some degree with what today's general music "fans" like because if they didn't it would end up like One Day Remains, which is superb, but no one knew the band all that well, and let's be honest, people still don't know them...
Old 10-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #59
nagpo
USER INFO »

I don't think there is a specific reason people don't like Creed. It's just pure unjustified hate, imo.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #60
Inspired
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I don't think there is a specific reason people don't like Creed. It's just pure unjustified hate, imo.

I think there tends to be a few reasons that are consistently said as to why people dislike Creed. That's not to say that everyone has the same reasons or there aren't other reasons, but some of the same reasons are heard over and over.