++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott Stapp - "Between Lust and Love" (Double Album)

Thanks to PBF for the find... sounds like Scott is planning a double album

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/enterta...-solo.html.csp

Quote: Three lead singers of popular rock bands will be performing locally this week. But fans shouldn’t worry that Scott Stapp is leaving Creed, or that Brandon Flowers will be quitting The Killers, or that Fran Healy has told his Travis bandmates to take a long walk off a short catwalk. Each says he is committed to his band.

In the meantime, Stapp is on a solo tour prepping material for his second solo album, Flowers (is supporting his solo debut, “Flamingo,” and Healy is opening for Flowers performing songs from his own solo record, “Wreckorder.”

In separate interviews, Stapp and Healy talked about their solo turns and why there can be a “me” in team — at least temporarily.

Scott Stapp » Of the three musicians, the 37-year-old member of the Florida-based hard-rock band Creed is the only one with a solo track record.

When Creed was broken up between 2004 and 2009, Stapp recorded and released “The Great Divide” in 2005, an effort that followed his work on the music for Mel Gibson’s film “The Passion of the Christ.” Stapp’s first solo album was certified platinum a month after its release but failed to sell as well as Creed’s first three albums: all multi-platinum records that sold more than 30 million copies throughout the world.

It was a surprise to everyone, including Stapp, when Creed reunited in 2009 and the other band members asked him to rejoin the band. “There’s not too many times in life when you get to make amends,” Stapp said.

The reunion tour was one of the most successful tours of 2009 and early 2010. Afterward, the other two members of Creed, Mark Tremonti and Scott “Flip” Phillips, went to work recording a follow-up for their side project band, Alter Bridge — but with the intention of regrouping with Stapp at some point in the near future.

With Tremonti and Phillips working on Alter Bridge, Stapp returned to songs he had been writing since the release of “The Great Divide.” He had written 15 songs before the reunion, and seven more in the past year. “A postponement has turned into a double album,” the baritone said, with the release slated for next year.During this solo tour, Stapp will be performing new material with a stripped-down acoustic (but “still energetic”) band, and plans to perform songs from “The Great Divide” as well as from his band. “It’s been something I’ve wanted to do for a long time,” he said. “The fans have been asking for this for so long.”

The theme of the new double-album is “Between Lust and Love,” with a disc devoted to each subject. “It’s been the dichotomy of my life over the last three-and-a-half, four years,” he said. “[It has] characters that describe [my] life and times ... It’s two sides of the coin.”

The self-exploration of his newer songs seems to signal that Stapp has returned to some of the values that the band began with when it was born as Christian band. “The story’s not over,” Stapp said of the future. “I have to move with God’s plans, not my plan.”

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: Scott Stapp - "Between Lust and Love" (Double Album)

Cool. I wonder when it will be released.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
VJ Raven
USER INFO »

I saw this in PBF too and I am SO HOPING he does release the double album, that would be awesome!!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing.
~Me~

Music is vital to life, as vital as breathing.
~Me~

Old 11-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Cool. I wonder when it will be released.
busy season good times good times, i agree with a closing statemeant of that interview to stick with the masters master plan, consider its a double, album i,d try kniting, everybody needs to stay focused on their priortiys for everyones greater out come, and in this divison im booked four councels to atleast spring, peace be with us in the name thats above all other names in the mighty name of jesus......... rock on stappers and know whatever statues or sector, FOREVER SHALL WE DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF LORD,
Old 07-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #5
john.pater
USER INFO »

thanks
Old 07-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Sounds awesome!

As usual that article has a few facts wrong, but as Creed fans we should be used to that by now.