++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 11:19 PM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott's rendition of God Bless Amerca - Post your comments here

What did you think of it? My overall reaction of it was decent, but short.

Now, who's gonna rip it? I recorded it, but have no way of transfering it from VHS to digital.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 10-27-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I thought he was kind of flat.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:21 PM   #3
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I thought he was kind of flat.
He was definately flat, and he appeared nervous to me. Good to see him out and about though.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:23 PM   #4
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I agree with Dogstar.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-27-2004, 11:37 PM   #5
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) What did you think of it? My overall reaction of it was decent, but short.

Now, who's gonna rip it? I recorded it, but have no way of transfering it from VHS to digital.

H-D

I taped it too, but my daughters boyfriend got it for me, I think, that's what she made it sound like, I'll let ya all know if I get it...also sounds like he's gotten me some concert, even though he hates Creed!! But he'll do anything to suck up to me!! lol....

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 10-27-2004, 11:53 PM   #6
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I thought he was kind of flat.
That's cause Mark wasn't keeping on key with his awesome guitar skills.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 10-28-2004, 12:38 AM   #7
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
I don't think this song is in his vocal range. Also he did it acappella which is pretty hard in itself. I give him credit for effort, but I wasn't impressed.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:08 AM   #8
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
He was flat. He should have sang it higher, but that may have caused him to be more flat. I think he may have some serious damage to his vocal cords... Still good, though. Fun to see him getting major attention.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:29 AM   #9
BeamMeUpScottie
USER INFO »
I never, never in a million years expected God Bless America to sound sexy but it did. I never saw Creed perform live, it must have been incredible. Did you notice the difference in the applause before and after he performed. The crowd felt the emotion of his voice was moved by it. He is no opera singer but he has something that stops you in your tracks and pulls you in, makes you listen.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:38 AM   #10
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Hahaha... i've read around several boards about this performance...some comments have been positive and a few on the border of "forgiving"...most of them focusing on his "looks"...which is not unexpected....but then there are the comments of him being "flat"..."it was out of his range"..."he breathed after every word"..."he said Gawwwd instead of God"...he "sucked"...etc...which we used to call finding fault with someone...just kinda strikes me as amusing, in a way, and i can't help but laugh.

I can understand that everyone has a right to their own opinions, and that is all most of you are doing is expressing your "view" of what you saw and heard, and we all know not everyone sees and hears the same thing, but i have to ask, if anyone of the people making these comments, and you know who you are, truely, believe they could have done any better...???

some complete replies i read gave the appearence of those that "think" they could pull off such a performance, and if that's the case then how come you aren't singing at "pro" games...or for that matter singing professionally...?

guess it's like sports...we have "armchair" baseball players/basketball players/foot ball players...so it's par for the course to have "armchair" musicians as well, i guess.

just something i have observed while reading around...and had to say.

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 10-28-2004 at 02:44 AM.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:00 AM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
I liked the way he sing it, it was different. at first, I was trying to see if my digital camera would work well enough to take good pics (zoom) of him, then i decided to try a video capture about 1/3 of the way thru... i don't have a usb 1.1 cable, but i'll see what it's like, hopefully not much background noise

Old 10-28-2004, 07:04 AM   #12
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
He did a good job with a difficult song.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:32 PM   #13
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
someone rip it.......
Old 10-28-2004, 01:40 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Hahaha... i've read around several boards about this performance...some comments have been positive and a few on the border of "forgiving"...most of them focusing on his "looks"...which is not unexpected....but then there are the comments of him being "flat"..."it was out of his range"..."he breathed after every word"..."he said Gawwwd instead of God"...he "sucked"...etc...which we used to call finding fault with someone...just kinda strikes me as amusing, in a way, and i can't help but laugh.

I can understand that everyone has a right to their own opinions, and that is all most of you are doing is expressing your "view" of what you saw and heard, and we all know not everyone sees and hears the same thing, but i have to ask, if anyone of the people making these comments, and you know who you are, truely, believe they could have done any better...???

some complete replies i read gave the appearence of those that "think" they could pull off such a performance, and if that's the case then how come you aren't singing at "pro" games...or for that matter singing professionally...?

guess it's like sports...we have "armchair" baseball players/basketball players/foot ball players...so it's par for the course to have "armchair" musicians as well, i guess.

just something i have observed while reading around...and had to say.

Why is it that you have to justify or make some excuse or blame so-called armchair musicians for what was a subpar performance? I'm a fan of Scott, too, and I frankly had hoped for a better performance, but I can admit it when my favorite artists aren't "on", and he wasn't. I watched it with other people who didn't even know who he was and every one of them thought he did a bad job.
It has nothing to do with being armchair musicians or artists. If it sounded bad to some people, it sounded bad. The man is not perfect; no artist is. Take off the rose-colored glasses for a change.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:04 PM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Download is availble on PBF.