++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
Stevensonart
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Report from Iowa. Met the band after Show!

I cant write this right now my wife is dragging me to go see sights and I wont have internet coverage. I have some really cool stuff to share from last nights show. We met E-Rock, Tremonti etc. Promise to get it on tonight?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
Stevensonart
USER INFO »
Re: Report from Iowa. Met the band after Show!

We had a blast last night. The show was about 90 % full. I talked to a few people that were sitting next to us (both from Iowa). They said that the local radio stations had been giving out a pair of tickets every 30 minutes so there were a few people there for free. The opening band Theft was just so so, very British sounding and not very entertaining. Skillet was great, very energetic and the crowd loved them. There were a good % of younger people there in that 16 to 22 category and they were there to see Skillet. I think Creed was pretty smart to put them on with them. They bring out the younger crowd that really has never listened to Creed and let me tell you, it worked. They loved Creed.

Mosh pits broke out at least 3 times ( I've never seen one at a Creed concert). Crowd surfing was constant throughout the night. They would allow the surfers to go through once and then stamp their hands, if they came through again they were kicked out. At least 50 people got kicked out. I spoke to a security guard after the show by the tour buses and he said that Creed had given the venue strict instructions to not let it get out of hand.
Scott sounded amazing. We were in lower level seating row c and had a great view of the entire stage. I wanted to bring my HD camera in and actually scouted it out during the Theft/Skillet show. I had a security guy real close and he was watching like a hawk, they would let people pop off pictures but if it looked like they were holding it too long and recording, they would come over and say something to them. I was afraid of losing my camcorder and even though its small it would have been obvious.
The set ran about and hour and 45 minutes. They played pretty much the same set in the same order. They did Faceless Man and Scot really got into it. He was on bended knees during and had his head down on Tremontin's shoulder at one point. A great deal of emotion went into this performance. They skipped a partial verse from one of the song but I can't remember which one. They did Overcome, Rain, Thousand Faces and Suddenly off FC. I kept having the people around me ask if the song was off the new album and I would say yes and that they should check it out. A lot of these people were big fans prior to the break up and didn't even know Creed was back together before the Tour got to their town (come on wind up!). There were a lot of rumors flying around. One guy said I heard they only Play for 45 minutes and then that's it. I set him straight and said they will play for at least an hour and a half tonight. They brought up Scott's voice and I told them that there has been some issues early on in the tour but that hes was on it now, and he was.

All i can think is that the videos we see on You tube and other places are recorded so bad that they don't really allow us to hear him. Yes he did look over at the sound guy a few times during the show and gesture that he need his ear piece either turned up or down but other than that he was on it. He even screamed some very weird high notes a few time during the show that tell me he can scream the high notes but has some difficulty singing them. The voice was great and rough like were all used to hearing. He moved around quite a bit and really is making a maximum effort to bring this thing back to perfection. His hair is getting longer and after a good sweat is staying back. The crowd was louder than hell all night and especially after bullets. I am in the camp that bullets should stay and last night they freakin rocked it. The only song they didn't play and I was surprised was "Are You ready" Guess a song from FC took its place. After the show I heard people saying they would have paid 75.00 to see that show. Creed is back and winning people over. Now we need some marketing behind them. As the band was leaving to the same side as we were sitting I made eye contact with Scott and pointed at him, he pointed right back for about 5 seconds and smiled.

After the show my family and I decided to walk down to the box office area. Earlier before the show one of the ushers showed me the nights schedule and it showed a meet and greet before the show (VIP) and it also showed one after the show behind the box office (ticket required). I told her my family and I were out from California and asked her if there was any way to let the band know. She asked me what section I was sitting in and said that she would ask the head guy. About 10 minutes later she came down to my seats and said that she was told the band had to leave right away to head to Sturgis. I thanked her for trying. So were at the box office area after the show and the souvenir section was just crazy, 35 shirts and 60 sweaters were just selling like crazy as well as the cd's. I saw security standing by the box office area and decided to go up them. I asked the security guy if the band would be coming out for the meet and greet and hes said they weren't and that he didn't know anything about that. I told him what the lady said and he radioed another security person. He said yeah I think they are and then told me to wait right there. I stood their for a few minutes and then he came up and asked me for my ticket. I told him that I didn't have one and began explaining to him that we were out from California and want ed to see if they would spend 5 minutes with us. A few more minutes went by and I guess no one showed up with these tickets and so the band didn't come out. The place was dead by this time. I asked him if there was anywhere else we could try and he said that the buses were around back a while ago with a big crowd waiting but that they were probably gone by now.

We decide to drive around and see if their tour buses were still there. We turned the corner and sure enough they were. I parked my car on the side street because they had the road blocked to get down there. We walked up about 100 yards and no one stopped us. As we got closer to the buses I could see about 10 people waiting around and a couple talking to someone by the buses in front of the metal gate. It was E-Rock. He finished talking to these people and came over to talk to us. freaking great guy, he was all smiles and took pics with us, autographs the whole bit. I chatted with him for a few minutes letting him know we were from California and he was shocked to know that, He told me that he was bummed that they weren't playing on the west coast. I asked him if there were any plans for it and he said that after the AB Europe tour there may be a West coast leg. He left to go shower and shook our hands again saying to follow him on twitter. We decide to wait and sat down on this little grass area. One by one they all came ou except Scott. I spoke with Tremonti, Flip and Brian. Pics and autos with all. My family was so excited. We could see some Balloons in Scott's bus every time someone would go in but he never came out, understandable considering he has little ones and his wife on board. would have just been extra icing. I asked Mark about the new song and he said that they were trying to get it done before the tour but it just didn't happen. He said everything was recorded except for the vocals. I asked him if the new song was going to sound more like the older stuff and he smiled and said a little.

They were all amazingly approachable and made our nights for us. I have some audio I recorded and have some pics to share from the show. I will get them online as soon as I get back home. I also have the review from the local paper (all very positive). I will scan it and post it later.

Also, I told Flip It was nice to have him back and He smiled and said it was nice to be back.

Last edited by Stevensonart : 08-11-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
Odetolife
USER INFO »

Man, that's freaking awesome!!! I'm happy for you!
Can you post the full setlist? And I'm bummed about the new song that stinks I'm sure we will hear new SONGS soon
Old 08-11-2010, 02:20 AM   #4
nagpo
USER INFO »

That was an epic post bro. Awesome story.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Great post, man!

Sounds like same old Stapp. No, I don't know the circumstances, but on the surface things don't look any different than in the past. Does he really have his own bus?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #6
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Nice story!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Stevensonart) We had a blast last night. The show was about 90 % full. I talked to a few people that were sitting next to us (both from Iowa). They said that the local radio stations had been giving out a pair of tickets every 30 minutes so there were a few people there for free. The opening band Theft was just so so, very British sounding and not very entertaining. Skillet was great, very energetic and the crowd loved them. There were a good % of younger people there in that 16 to 22 category and they were there to see Skillet. I think Creed was pretty smart to put them on with them. They bring out the younger crowd that really has never listened to Creed and let me tell you, it worked. They loved Creed.

Mosh pits broke out at least 3 times ( I've never seen one at a Creed concert). Crowd surfing was constant throughout the night. They would allow the surfers to go through once and then stamp their hands, if they came through again they were kicked out. At least 50 people got kicked out. I spoke to a security guard after the show by the tour buses and he said that Creed had given the venue strict instructions to not let it get out of hand.
Scott sounded amazing. We were in lower level seating row c and had a great view of the entire stage. I wanted to bring my HD camera in and actually scouted it out during the Theft/Skillet show. I had a security guy real close and he was watching like a hawk, they would let people pop off pictures but if it looked like they were holding it too long and recording, they would come over and say something to them. I was afraid of losing my camcorder and even though its small it would have been obvious.
The set ran about and hour and 45 minutes. They played pretty much the same set in the same order. They did Faceless Man and Scot really got into it. He was on bended knees during and had his head down on Tremontin's shoulder at one point. A great deal of emotion went into this performance. They skipped a partial verse from one of the song but I can't remember which one. They did Overcome, Rain, Thousand Faces and Suddenly off FC. I kept having the people around me ask if the song was off the new album and I would say yes and that they should check it out. A lot of these people were big fans prior to the break up and didn't even know Creed was back together before the Tour got to their town (come on wind up!). There were a lot of rumors flying around. One guy said I heard they only Play for 45 minutes and then that's it. I set him straight and said they will play for at least an hour and a half tonight. They brought up Scott's voice and I told them that there has been some issues early on in the tour but that hes was on it now, and he was.

All i can think is that the videos we see on You tube and other places are recorded so bad that they don't really allow us to hear him. Yes he did look over at the sound guy a few times during the show and gesture that he need his ear piece either turned up or down but other than that he was on it. He even screamed some very weird high notes a few time during the show that tell me he can scream the high notes but has some difficulty singing them. The voice was great and rough like were all used to hearing. He moved around quite a bit and really is making a maximum effort to bring this thing back to perfection. His hair is getting longer and after a good sweat is staying back. The crowd was louder than hell all night and especially after bullets. I am in the camp that bullets should stay and last night they freakin rocked it. The only song they didn't play and I was surprised was "Are You ready" Guess a song from FC took its place. After the show I heard people saying they would have paid 75.00 to see that show. Creed is back and winning people over. Now we need some marketing behind them. As the band was leaving to the same side as we were sitting I made eye contact with Scott and pointed at him, he pointed right back for about 5 seconds and smiled.

After the show my family and I decided to walk down to the box office area. Earlier before the show one of the ushers showed me the nights schedule and it showed a meet and greet before the show (VIP) and it also showed one after the show behind the box office (ticket required). I told her my family and I were out from California and asked her if there was any way to let the band know. She asked me what section I was sitting in and said that she would ask the head guy. About 10 minutes later she came down to my seats and said that she was told the band had to leave right away to head to Sturgis. I thanked her for trying. So were at the box office area after the show and the souvenir section was just crazy, 35 shirts and 60 sweaters were just selling like crazy as well as the cd's. I saw security standing by the box office area and decided to go up them. I asked the security guy if the band would be coming out for the meet and greet and hes said they weren't and that he didn't know anything about that. I told him what the lady said and he radioed another security person. He said yeah I think they are and then told me to wait right there. I stood their for a few minutes and then he came up and asked me for my ticket. I told him that I didn't have one and began explaining to him that we were out from California and want ed to see if they would spend 5 minutes with us. A few more minutes went by and I guess no one showed up with these tickets and so the band didn't come out. The place was dead by this time. I asked him if there was anywhere else we could try and he said that the buses were around back a while ago with a big crowd waiting but that they were probably gone by now.

We decide to drive around and see if their tour buses were still there. We turned the corner and sure enough they were. I parked my car on the side street because they had the road blocked to get down there. We walked up about 100 yards and no one stopped us. As we got closer to the buses I could see about 10 people waiting around and a couple talking to someone by the buses in front of the metal gate. It was E-Rock. He finished talking to these people and came over to talk to us. freaking great guy, he was all smiles and took pics with us, autographs the whole bit. I chatted with him for a few minutes letting him know we were from California and he was shocked to know that, He told me that he was bummed that they weren't playing on the west coast. I asked him if there were any plans for it and he said that after the AB Europe tour there may be a West coast leg. He left to go shower and shook our hands again saying to follow him on twitter. We decide to wait and sat down on this little grass area. One by one they all came ou except Scott. I spoke with Tremonti, Flip and Brian. Pics and autos with all. My family was so excited. We could see some Balloons in Scott's bus every time someone would go in but he never came out, understandable considering he has little ones and his wife on board. would have just been extra icing. I asked Mark about the new song and he said that they were trying to get it done before the tour but it just didn't happen. He said everything was recorded except for the vocals. I asked him if the new song was going to sound more like the older stuff and he smiled and said a little.

They were all amazingly approachable and made our nights for us. I have some audio I recorded and have some pics to share from the show. I will get them online as soon as I get back home. I also have the review from the local paper (all very positive). I will scan it and post it later.

Also, I told Flip It was nice to have him back and He smiled and said it was nice to be back.
thanks man for the extra long report, anything of mosh pit action and securtiy getting a lit nervous, but no one gettin injured not that bad anyways where its like life or death, be of good report, shows good signs of, rock n roll spirt being unleahed to a brain dead socitey, not right not normal just to set there, like the phil collins crowed, of who i,am a big fan of, ............
Old 08-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Odetolife) Man, that's freaking awesome!!! I'm happy for you!
Can you post the full setlist? And I'm bummed about the new song that stinks I'm sure we will hear new SONGS soon
AMEN, we will hear it soon just like everything else, when it be good and ready..... try to breathe all the beauty in between time,
Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) Great post, man!

Sounds like same old Stapp. No, I don't know the circumstances, but on the surface things don't look any different than in the past. Does he really have his own bus?
PRAISE JESUS, If he dont He Needs His Own Bus, good to hear he is doing well, in the middle of this tour, ITS CREED,
Old 08-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) Great post, man!

If he does have his family on tour with him, why would that seem far fetched?
Old 08-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #11
Odetolife
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) If he does have his family on tour with him, why would that seem far fetched?

Exactly man! last year when I saw them in San Antonio he had his own bus and the other part of the band shared one.
But when I saw them in Lubbock mark and erock had their own bus and Scott still had his own.
They need their space from one another, otherwise they'd but heads all the time. Nothing to worry about.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:01 AM   #12
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

yeah i thought they all had their own bus. didn't erock say he did at the end of the last tour?
Old 08-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #13
BSC
USER INFO »

What bugs me about this forum sometime (and ABB.net), Scott does something slightly wrong, or differently and there's always one to say "OLD SCOTT AGAIN!!!" Imagine how Scott would feel if he read people judge him like that?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #14
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) What bugs me about this forum sometime (and ABB.net), Scott does something slightly wrong, or differently and there's always one to say "OLD SCOTT AGAIN!!!" Imagine how Scott would feel if he read people judge him like that?
Oh im sure he does, and i really dont he cares, crtics are far from scott,s probleam, and yes he has been through a lot oh to who it may concern, he is nerve wrecked to death most the time, by darkend wings, but he is a child of GOD, AND THE GOD OF ABRAHAM THE GOD OF MOSES, he will take care of it , IN AN INSTANT, peace be with you, in jesus, name.........