++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #16
Agent D
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: problems with windup?

I was hoping Evanescence would just kinda disappear.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:01 AM   #17
nagpo
USER INFO »

yeah stapp should leave wind-up to
Old 07-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #18
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan

if I remeber correctly...Wind-Up is still classified as a independent record company dispite all the sucess they bands they had (Evanescence took the pop market root insteed of of the rock scene so they have very low chances to come back strong even if they have a good record)...they do not have the massive cash flow like the big record labels and possible they market and outlook strategy does not flow well because they are trying to be a big record company but they really are not setup for that and it does create a lot of issues and problems and that is what they are facing probably right now...
Old 07-14-2006, 04:47 AM   #19
inside_us_all04
USER INFO »

i remember eyes wired shut was a good hit on rock radio here.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:36 AM   #20
Prog
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Prog Send a message via MSN to Prog Send a message via Yahoo to Prog

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I was hoping Evanescence would just kinda disappear.

Evanescence is pretty amazing! What makes you say that?
Old 07-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #21
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Prog) Evanescence is pretty amazing! What makes you say that?

I just think they were a horrible, corporate band and the goth thing is just overdone and boring.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #22
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I just think they were a horrible, corporate band and the goth thing is just overdone and boring.

So you are judging them on thier appearance?! When did the music become all about fashion? They proved to be a very versatile band with thier last release, and though they lost an awesome guitarist, they have someone who is very capable to fill his shoes. I for one think that this new album may just suprise a lot of people.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:50 PM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »

Honestly, I think part of the reason why a lot of people hate Evanescence is the same reason so many hated Creed: the lead singer's "ego". I don't know Amy Lee personally, but I have heard many stories of demonstrations of her ego. Just about every non-Evanescence fan I speak to usually says they don't like Evanescence because of Lee's ego.

That's not why I dislike Evanescence, though. While I think Amy Lee is a very talented singer, I just don't think the band will be the same without Ben Moody. He was a real good guitarist, and I think he played every bit as big of a role in the band as Amy Lee. Secondly, I'm not all that impressed with the music. Yes, I liked "My Immortal" and even "Bring Me To Life" when it first came out, but when I listened to the rest of the album, I was not impressed at all. It seemed pretty cookie-cutter, just like everything else on rock radio.

I'll give the new album a chance, but without Moody(and, yes, I've heard the new guitarist's previous work and didn't really care for it), I kinda doubt I'll even like it.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 07-14-2006, 06:17 PM   #24
inside_us_all04
USER INFO »

Actually evanesences new axe man is really good, he did amazing things with Cold, check out the intro to stupid girl,awsome...
Old 07-14-2006, 07:47 PM   #25
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) So you are judging them on thier appearance?! When did the music become all about fashion? They proved to be a very versatile band with thier last release, and though they lost an awesome guitarist, they have someone who is very capable to fill his shoes. I for one think that this new album may just suprise a lot of people.

Uh, no, I am not judging by their appearance. I am judging by their music, which is very gothic and depressing. Versatile band...haha. What album have you been listening to?

Titan9 summed it up pretty nicely. I dislike Evanescence for the same reasons.

Last edited by Agent D : 07-14-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:06 PM   #26
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Honestly, I think part of the reason why a lot of people hate Evanescence is the same reason so many hated Creed: the lead singer's "ego". I don't know Amy Lee personally, but I have heard many stories of demonstrations of her ego. Just about every non-Evanescence fan I speak to usually says they don't like Evanescence because of Lee's ego.

That's not why I dislike Evanescence, though. While I think Amy Lee is a very talented singer, I just don't think the band will be the same without Ben Moody. He was a real good guitarist, and I think he played every bit as big of a role in the band as Amy Lee. Secondly, I'm not all that impressed with the music. Yes, I liked "My Immortal" and even "Bring Me To Life" when it first came out, but when I listened to the rest of the album, I was not impressed at all. It seemed pretty cookie-cutter, just like everything else on rock radio.

I'll give the new album a chance, but without Moody(and, yes, I've heard the new guitarist's previous work and didn't really care for it), I kinda doubt I'll even like it.

no, the the reason i hate evanescence is because there music sucks singer sucks and everything els sucks. they're a horrible band.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:44 AM   #27
inside_us_all04
USER INFO »

With WU not supporting Scott's fall tour, he oughta jump ship....
Old 09-02-2006, 07:24 AM   #28
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Honestly, I think part of the reason why a lot of people hate Evanescence is the same reason so many hated Creed: the lead singer's "ego". I don't know Amy Lee personally, but I have heard many stories of demonstrations of her ego. Just about every non-Evanescence fan I speak to usually says they don't like Evanescence because of Lee's ego.

I've met her once... and she seemed pretty down to Earth. But it was when I was hanging out with Shawn Morgan from Seether and they were together at the time. I don't think I've ever heard anything about her having a Stapp-like "ego" problem. Then again, I can totally see the possibility in that. I'm not really into the band... but they were able to gain popularity pretty rapidly on a primarily joke of a record label.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #29
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »

I think Amy Lee is very talented. I love her voice and the music that Ev does. Personally, I can't wait for the new album to come out!

I think WU is banking on the "dream" that Creed will re-unite...I hate to burst their bubble, but I don't think that will happen any time soon. They need to concentrate on what bands they have left. I wouldn't be suprised if Scott left them....and personally I hope he does. It's time for a change....move on and just appreciate the music for what it is.

Disclaimer: this is my personal opinion only.
________
Latina Webcam
________
Proving grounds

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #30
bobben
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee) I think WU is banking on the "dream" that Creed will re-unite...I hate to burst their bubble, but I don't think that will happen any time soon. They need to concentrate on what bands they have left. I wouldn't be suprised if Scott left them....and personally I hope he does. It's time for a change....move on and just appreciate the music for what it is.

Disclaimer: this is my personal opinion only.

Well, can't blame WU for hoping on a reunion...would be a HUGE commercial success either way...would sell millions even though it sucked!
No way it would suck anyway

Scott should leave for a bigger company (even though WU is owned by SonyBMG) so more people could get to hear his music!
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.