++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I Got A Bit Upset by a Billboard

I saw a story depicting a billboard from a group of churches claiming Christ affirmed a "gay couple" in Matthew 8:5-13, when there is nothing in the Word to state that at all.

This made me feel a little better. I guess the state of Texas gives us some good things and some bad.

http://family.webshots.com/album/559895207XUKbnv

Jason
Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: I Got A Bit Upset by a Billboard

I got Upset Everytime I turn On The Tv, JESUS Said When You See And Hear All These Things Rejoice For My Spirt Is With You, Crazy i tell ya billboard If Ya Read From Chapter 8> And Read The Parable IT DECLARES JESUS POWER Of Our Trials And Fight Against Hell And Its Relentless Power Toward Us Praise JESUS He Indeed Has The Keys To Both AND Overcame Death And All Things Verse 10> When JESUS heared It He Marvelled And Said To Theme That Followed VERLIY I Say Unto You I HAVE NOT FOUND SO GREAT FAITH No Not In Israel . AND He Said That Many Shall Come From The East And West And Shall Sit Down With Abraham And Isaac And Jacob In The Kingdom Of Heaven BUT THE Children Of The kingdom Shall Be Cast Into Outer Darkness , Even Though Hell And The Snares Of Death Compass Us And When We See The Flood Of The Un Godly Getting Close To Victory IM GOING SO GLORY To Those Left Standing Wonderfull Insight Jason Wonderfull Insight With Billboard Peace Be With Ya
Old 11-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman

It is just people trying to justify homosexuality anyway they can.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 11-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) It is just people trying to justify homosexuality anyway they can.
i must say that was an out there shot from texas good lord if you do wanna look further in the topic to get near to justify it they was off im glad jason posted it it shows ya how messed up this world is but its a topic and agumeant its never going be settled i dont even bother for that matter Its An Alternative Lifestyle That Risen With Everything Else And Its Not One Of The Ten Comandmeants God Told Theme It Was Wrong They Disobeyed And He Destroyed But The CORNERSTONE Which Is JESUS Turns No One Away And Died To Reedeem Us Of Many Afflictions Jesus Spoke In Parables Of That City And Spoke Unto A Genaration Of Vipers Said Sodom And Gomorrha Would Be More Easy To Endure Than They Matt>9>15 Verliy I Say Unto You t Shall Be Tolerable For The Land Of Sodom And Gomorrha In The Day Of Judgemeant Than For That City So if you wanna look some stuff I do Have Moral Standards The Old Ones I dont Aprove Of Giving Gay Rights A Warm Welcome And what everybody is asking but however I do Believe In The Power Of Forgivness And God Who Is Willing To Deal With Many Things And Is Not Afraid Of Gay Person To go Run Away And Block It Out Rather We Like It Or Not Gays Are Slowing Becoming A Part Of Our Everyday Lifes and we are going to have to learn to except it or go pray to we feel better about it and learn how to deal with it through love rather than the other option And NO Again The Bible Does Not Say That Being Gay Is Right no where in there does it
Old 11-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #5
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Why exactly does homosexuality need to be justified? Just because somebody that you believe was the son of god and a 12 year old girl who got pregnent without having sex supposedly said that it was wrong doesn't mean it is. In fact the entire bible is Racist,Sexist,Blaphemous and in all honesty just plain old fucking stupid. I believe all organized religion is detramental to society But just because I feel like that doesn't mean that christians,muslims,jews,buddhists,hindus etc should be barred from practising their beliefs because its NONE OF MY GOD DAMN BUSNIESS.
What people do with their lives has nothing to do with you. If gay people want to get married let them. If you guys want to have a problem with it, go pray for god to change it and do your thing. BACK THE FUCK OFF...

Your brother in Christ
~ Buried And Gone
Old 11-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Faceless, you are correct.

Thank you Truly for the reminder too that even with homosexuality and homosexual acts being sin, there is forgiveness for that sin.

Buried and Gone, I'm sorry that all this would bother or offend you so much that you would feel the need to sarcastically call yourself a brother in Christ. Now I realize I don't know you, but obviously I have a hard time believing you're sincere with that signature. Although I have come across almost all types of people, including those who considered themselves "spiritual but not religious", and those who just had no use for religion.

As for the rest, regarding your opinions you have on the bible, it's a shame you feel that way. It really is, because it's obvious that you either had no one who could actually teach it correctly to you, or you never took the time or had the mindset to study it seriously.

Now if you want discuss things a little more openly and with more respect, hey we'll do that. Otherwise, have a good day.

Jason
Old 11-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Well, i did say it jokingly. But I do think Christ was an awesome person. The son of god? No.
I have a hard time believing that people can read the bible and not call bullshit on it. I believe in a god, in an afterlife. I am anti-abortion but pro-gay marriage. Most of what the bible says i find to be morally wrong though. people having children with their own family. Lot offering his own daughters to be raped instead of the two angels who visited him. Does nobody else see anything wrong with that?
I usually choose to go straight to mocking religious peoples views becuase lets face it, most of them are fucking crazy and 99.9% are just unwilling to listen to reason. I'm sorry if i offended you but in thinking about it I would consider myself a "brother in christ" just not by your deffenition
Old 11-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #8
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Well, i did say it jokingly. But I do think Christ was an awesome person. The son of god? No.

Comments like this have always been interesting to me. Certainly the most reliable and detailed source we have when it comes to records of Christ's life is of course the bible. I take it you think claims that he was were exaggerations? Do you believe He made that claim Himself?
I have a hard time believing that people can read the bible and not call bullshit on it. I believe in a god, in an afterlife. I am anti-abortion but pro-gay marriage. Most of what the bible says i find to be morally wrong though. people having children with their own family.
Any specific cases of this off the top of your head? I think I know where you're going with this. One thing worth mentioning, I think, is that it was in a way kind of almost a necessity at first just due to there not being enough people around to have children outside one's family. Once the population was such that it was not in a sense a necessity anymore, then it became as immoral and sinful as what you or most other people consider it to be.

Lot offering his own daughters to be raped instead of the two angels who visited him. Does nobody else see anything wrong with that?

Don't you think rape is a little strong? If a father offers his daughter, I don't think you can call it rape... especially at that time. We might be inclined to almost think that today if the daughter wanted no part of it, but again we're talking about different times and different culture. We would look at something much milder like an arranged marriage as being not "wrong" per se, but odd to say the least. The main point was what the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were doing was unnatural and against God's way, and Lot knew this and knew what type of men he was dealing with. I'm pretty sure Lot didn't want these men touching his daughters, but didn't know what else to do or say to get rid of them. Besides, just because it's recorded in the bible that Lot said that very thing, that doesn't mean that it was approved of by God. I have yet to see a commandment from God anywhere in scripture saying "Thou shalt offer your daughters to sexually deviant and crazed men" Recording an event in history is not necessarily endorsing that same action.
I usually choose to go straight to mocking religious peoples views becuase lets face it, most of them are fucking crazy and 99.9% are just unwilling to listen to reason. I'm sorry if i offended you but in thinking about it I would consider myself a "brother in christ" just not by your deffenition

I appreciate the apology. As I said before, have a good day.

Jason
Old 11-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #9
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

"Comments like this have always been interesting to me. Certainly the most reliable and detailed source we have when it comes to records of Christ's life is of course the bible. I take it you think claims that he was were exaggerations? Do you believe He made that claim Himself?"

No, I don't think they were exagerated I think that many of them were just plain ol made up. I think whoever wrote the bible knew of Christ and took the man who was an amazing person and a great leader and gave him superpowers. I don't think Christ would have wanted a book written about him and deffenitly it should be given away for free, not sold. Look at the vatican? Christ must be spinning in his grave when he sees that monstrosity.

"Any specific cases of this off the top of your head? I think I know where you're going with this. One thing worth mentioning, I think, is that it was in a way kind of almost a necessity at first just due to there not being enough people around to have children outside one's family. Once the population was such that it was not in a sense a necessity anymore, then it became as immoral and sinful as what you or most other people consider it to be."

Off the top of my head? Not specifically. I do not remember who exactly it was but it was a man who lived in a cave with his two daughters and the two daughterrs got him drunk a seduced him. The thing is I don't think the worlds population was ever that low ( I DO NOT believe in evolution by the way).

"Don't you think rape is a little strong? If a father offers his daughter, I don't think you can call it rape... especially at that time. We might be inclined to almost think that today if the daughter wanted no part of it, but again we're talking about different times and different culture. We would look at something much milder like an arranged marriage as being not "wrong" per se, but odd to say the least. The main point was what the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were doing was unnatural and against God's way, and Lot knew this and knew what type of men he was dealing with. I'm pretty sure Lot didn't want these men touching his daughters, but didn't know what else to do or say to get rid of them. Besides, just because it's recorded in the bible that Lot said that very thing, that doesn't mean that it was approved of by God. I have yet to see a commandment from God anywhere in scripture saying "Thou shalt offer your daughters to sexually deviant and crazed men" Recording an event in history is not necessarily endorsing that same action."

While you raise a good point about it possibly not being aproved of by god I find it was heavily implied that it was. What else could he do? 1). tell them to leave. 2). He has angels there, can't they do something about it? Or atleast ask god to kill them. or 3). Let them rape the angels. If you were in that situation would you give your daughters to a bunch of crazy men?

Sir, we are never going to agree on the meaning of scripture haha. Simply because something I think is factually and morally wrong you think is the way people should live their lives. Maybe I am right, Maybe you are right, Maybe we are both right, Maybe neither of us are right. I'll lead my life by what i think is right and you lead your by what you think is right. What happens will happen.
But aside from the fact that the bible says homosexuality is wrong. Can you give me a good reason why you think it is wrong or why even if you do disaprove people should not be able to live their lives the way they want?

But Jason, I am VERY impressed with you sir. You are the anti-stereotype of a religious nut case. I respect that more than you know
~ Buried And Gone
Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #10
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

PRAISE JESUS Glory To God Its Wonderfull To see ya,s getting along so well Burried And Gone your opinions And Thoughts Are Very Opening And Hardcore Can Tell You,re A Mercy Me Fan Hardcore im kiding just playing Your Thoughts And Opinions Are Your Own your speaking from a place Of Ironys Boundries Glory To God Thats Surley Not Hid From God Thank You For Being Hontest With Your opinons And Taking Time To Post Your Thoughts And Feelings AND APOALAGIZING To Jason Burried Alive those who love the word of God WILL Take UP For Its Honour You Said I dont Think Christ Would Have Wanted A book Written About Him I agree Brother The Sad Part Is ITS THE ONLY RECORD AND TRUTH WE HAVE HIM AND WANTS YOU KNOW HIM YOUR Going Love HIS WORDS And How Powerfull The Word Of God Is And You Said Deffently It Should Be Given Away Freely And Your Right The Water Is FREE And Jesus Talked About What We See A Lot Of Today In These High Synoguges GLORY TO GOD Jesus Saw This MARK>11>15>18 And JESUS Went Into The Temple And Began To Cast Theme that SOLD AND BOGHT IN THE TEMPLE JESUS Said My House Shall Be Called The House Of Prayer And Over Threw The Tables Of The Money Changers AND THE SEATS OF THEME THAT SOLD DOVES And He Told Theme MY HOUSE OF ALL NATIONS SHALL BE CALLED THE HOSE OF PRAYER BUT YE HAVE MADE IT A DEN OF THIEVES And After They Had Heared This And They Sought How To Destroy Him Fot They Fearh Him All The People Were Astonshied At His Doctrine
Old 11-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #11
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

PRAISE JESUS CHRIST IS NOT IN THE GRAVE AND HES NOT IN A MANGER BUT HE DWELLS ALIVE INSIDE OF US And Through Him At Times We Were Once Aliens Because Of Him We Can Have This Conversation And Forbear Each Other Feelings JOHN 12>Verse 30> This Voice Came Not Because Of Me But For Your Sakes Now Is This Judgment Of This World I LOVE THIS GLORY NOW SHALL THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD BE CAST OUT AND If I Be Lifted Up From The Earth Will Draw all men unto me And If He Said If I Be Lifted Up And Draw All Men unto me What More Will He Do For Those That He Has Called GLORY TO GOD And Going Through War And Conflicts You May Wanna Go Back Right At Verse 20>then back to 32> If Ya Want PEACE Be With Ya Burried And Gone And Again Thanks For Your Posting
Old 11-09-2009, 03:11 AM   #12
nickmiller71
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) PRAISE JESUS Glory To God Its Wonderfull To see ya,s getting along so well Burried And Gone your opinions And Thoughts Are Very Opening And Hardcore Can Tell You,re A Mercy Me Fan Hardcore im kiding just playing Your Thoughts And Opinions Are Your Own your speaking from a place Of Ironys Boundries Glory To God Thats Surley Not Hid From God Thank You For Being Hontest With Your opinons And Taking Time To Post Your Thoughts And Feelings AND APOALAGIZING To Jason Burried Alive those who love the word of God WILL Take UP For Its Honour You Said I dont Think Christ Would Have Wanted A book Written About Him I agree Brother The Sad Part Is ITS THE ONLY RECORD AND TRUTH WE HAVE HIM AND WANTS YOU KNOW HIM YOUR Going Love HIS WORDS And How Powerfull The Word Of God Is And You Said Deffently It Should Be Given Away Freely And Your Right The Water Is FREE And Jesus Talked About What We See A Lot Of Today In These High Synoguges GLORY TO GOD Jesus Saw This MARK>11>15>18 And JESUS Went Into The Temple And Began To Cast Theme that SOLD AND BOGHT IN THE TEMPLE JESUS Said My House Shall Be Called The House Of Prayer And Over Threw The Tables Of The Money Changers AND THE SEATS OF THEME THAT SOLD DOVES And He Told Theme MY HOUSE OF ALL NATIONS SHALL BE CALLED THE HOSE OF PRAYER BUT YE HAVE MADE IT A DEN OF THIEVES And After They Had Heared This And They Sought How To Destroy Him Fot They Fearh Him All The People Were Astonshied At His Doctrine

....why is everything capitalized here?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #13
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

God knows with that guy haha (no pun intended).
Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
nickmiller71
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) PRAISE JESUS CHRIST IS NOT IN THE GRAVE AND HES NOT IN A MANGER BUT HE DWELLS ALIVE INSIDE OF US And Through Him At Times We Were Once Aliens Because Of Him We Can Have This Conversation And Forbear Each Other Feelings JOHN 12>Verse 30> This Voice Came Not Because Of Me But For Your Sakes Now Is This Judgment Of This World I LOVE THIS GLORY NOW SHALL THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD BE CAST OUT AND If I Be Lifted Up From The Earth Will Draw all men unto me And If He Said If I Be Lifted Up And Draw All Men unto me What More Will He Do For Those That He Has Called GLORY TO GOD And Going Through War And Conflicts You May Wanna Go Back Right At Verse 20>then back to 32> If Ya Want PEACE Be With Ya Burried And Gone And Again Thanks For Your Posting

Just re-read this. To be honest, no offense, but I can't understand this at all. Lol.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #15
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

All his posts are like that. But then again i don't think english is his first language.

Also, our Avatars are very similar. I challenge you to a duel to the death. Winner gets to keep it. got it? Good.
haha