++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-10-2005, 08:11 PM   #16
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Meh, I don't like tribute albums as a rule. They mostly suck.

same here!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #17
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Heheheh... I think someone should do a tribute album for Myles Kennedy..wouldn't that be great...blaaaahh..imagine the record sales on that one....Among those doing the tributes wait..who is myles kennedy again? I couldn't resist reunite creed and get rid of this jerkoff overhyped semitalented singer....if you consider yelling like a virgin chic on promnight talented...Sorry stapp was way better , not kennedy does will ever eclipse that and I am starting a petition to ban all wannabe 70's singers from odern rock starting with a certain "replacement" singer..
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-10-2005, 10:34 PM   #18
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Heheheh... I think someone should do a tribute album for Myles Kennedy..wouldn't that be great...blaaaahh..imagine the record sales on that one....Among those doing the tributes wait..who is myles kennedy again? I couldn't resist reunite creed and get rid of this jerkoff overhyped semitalented singer....if you consider yelling like a virgin chic on promnight talented...Sorry stapp was way better , not kennedy does will ever eclipse that and I am starting a petition to ban all wannabe 70's singers from odern rock starting with a certain "replacement" singer..

I really am curious... do you ATTEMPT to be stupid? If so, good job. I couldn't act this dumb if I TRIED.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:19 AM   #19
ctfan
USER INFO »

Man, this is hilarious!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:16 AM   #20
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
^Above post goes for you also.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:02 AM   #21
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Cut it out, man! Don't make us go down that same old road again! For being named "Tremontixriffs" you're very much Stapp and very little Tremonti!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-11-2005, 12:04 PM   #22
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I really am curious... do you ATTEMPT to be stupid? If so, good job. I couldn't act this dumb if I TRIED.
good question.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:11 AM   #23
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Dude Tremonti is my favorite guitarist Out there right now....Alter bridge is a good band because of marks guitar , its no big secret. Just beacuse I like alter bridge does not mean I have to necessarily like The Singer...Honestly when I listen to alterbride I really listen for the musics rather than a typical singer from the 80's or early 90's. Myles voice is not very unique, I can think of twenty bands off the top of my head that have a lead singer that sounds like kennedy. Stapp on the other hand has a sound that is unique...People would recognize Stapps voice right off the bat..I dont care what anyone says the guys sounds nothing like eddie vedder and in my opinion can not be mistaken for anyone else but His own as where Kenney's sound is much similar to Chris Cornell of audioslave. I just prefered Stapp as the singer.
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 11-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #24
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I could come up with a HUNDRED guys who sound like Scott Stapp and ANYONE would admit that Stapp's voice does not sound very unique AT ALL.

I defy you to come up with those twenty singers that sound like Myles. Heck, I defy you to come up with five. Myles voice isn't just unique, its AMAZING. He must have like five octave range.

Tons of people would hear non-Creed songs on the radio and think they were Creed because of Stapp's generic baritone throaty voice.

Stop talking about singing as if you know what you are talking about... You clearly don't.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:26 PM   #25
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I could come up with a HUNDRED guys who sound like Scott Stapp and ANYONE would admit that Stapp's voice does not sound very unique AT ALL.

I defy you to come up with those twenty singers that sound like Myles. Heck, I defy you to come up with five. Myles voice isn't just unique, its AMAZING. He must have like five octave range.

Tons of people would hear non-Creed songs on the radio and think they were Creed because of Stapp's generic baritone throaty voice.

Stop talking about singing as if you know what you are talking about... You clearly don't.

I can honestly say that Scott Stapp has a very unique voice and I would recognise his voice a mile of of anyone's

and I also like Myles and am sure he has more than a 6 octave range atleast I will work out the range on the album one day for you all lol.
No one sounds like Myles either.

I am fed up with people comparing Scott and Myles to other people just because they are the best out their they try to deny it my saying oh they sound like this person or whatever fu** off Scott Stapp and Myles Kennedy are very original which is why the millions of fans love stapp, and Alter Bridge will have great success in the future. With some jealous person who will say oh they sound like this person. Which is how the whole Eddie Vedder thing started. Scott is 50 times the vocalist of Eddie will ever be let it go ok. Stop living in the past.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:48 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Scott is 50 times the vocalist of Eddie will ever be let it go ok. Stop living in the past.
It's the other way around for me. Eddie has managed to keep himself in fine voice over the years and I can't say the same for Scott. Eddie doesn't try to go where his voice won't. I love Scott's voice, but it's nowhere near what it was around the Human Clay days and before.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:28 AM   #27
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
^Quite true. Longevity is a big mark of a good vocalist as well. I'd say range and longevity are the big two. Stapp has neither.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:07 AM   #28
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I love Scott's voice, but it's nowhere near what it was around the Human Clay days and before.

Totally agree with that. I still hold out hope that he can get his voice back to where it once was.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:14 AM   #29
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) ^Above post goes for you also.

Pffft, I don't care what you think. You'll find a way to get over it.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:32 AM   #30
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Pffft, I don't care what you think. You'll find a way to get over it.

If you don't care what anyone thinks, don't care what they think of your opinions, are going to post the same stuff over and over... Why exactly do you come to the board? What is your purpose in doing so?I mean, don't get me wrong, your no Faceless fan, always insulting people etc. etc., but you don't seem to ever really care to discuss things.