++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-12-2005, 09:13 AM   #31
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think the DJs were out of line, but I think Scott was too a little. It would've problably been best for him to stay in there, suck it up to this guy and say he's sorry. But Scott just doesn't seem to be that kinda person.

And I think he went a little hard on the AB guys... What did they ever do? Sure, they've said some bad things about Scott in some interviews, but I really believe that to be the truth. And still, they all give him credit for what he did, but they have also said Scott has a problem with taking too much credit. And I really think he did in this interview.

I gotta tell you, even though the DJs were pretty crazy in there, they had some good points.

"I fired the guys... They didn't want to split the money anymore when I wrote all the songs" - What the fuck is that supposed to mean? This prooves that Alter Bridge and everyone who agreed with them were right when they said Stapp is a lair.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-12-2005 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #32
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
i just listened to that interview and wow.... that was aweful.... i hope many other artists hear about this and kinda boycot that station.... Scott just gets out of the studio and comes to do an interview with these guys and he is completely set up... i've got the feeling that everything they talked about was rehersed and was designed to piss Scott off, but i don't think they got the real reaction they wanted... they know there r a lot of Stapp haters out there that would love to see him in another fight, and having the fight at their station would send ratings through the roof..... it's really disgusting to see something like that happen to an artist who's trying to get a new project off the ground.... i think everyone who had a hand in this should be fired... that was really just aweful

and i'm not just saying this cus it's Stapp... could have been Blink 182, a band i hate.... u just don't set people up like that
Old 10-12-2005, 03:11 PM   #33
Trimontana
USER INFO »
^^^^Media is media. If he knew that was a set up he had the option to turn off that interview. But he knew that could happen and WU knew it too. So dont think Stappy is so innocent thinking he knew that interview was gonna be heaven. Anyway, every single artist make their beds to be treated by journalist in a every different way. The dj´s played nasty, yeah but he derserved it; he didt know to to deffend himself.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #34
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Karma does come back and bite you in the ass sometimes, but I still think the DJ's were jerks.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #35
titan9
USER INFO »
The second I decide to listen to the interview, it won't work. I think my copy of Realplayer(gosh, I hate Realplayer!) is faulty. I'm going to try a clean install of it, and then try to listen to the interview.

I think both the DJs and Stapp were at fault here. The DJs set Stapp up and acted like complete jerks(from what I've heard on here) and then, instead of backing off and leaving, Stapp got caught up in the situation and fired back. Neither one is completely innocent.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #36
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh, I agree, but it still sucks that they went after him like that. I'm not the biggest fan of the way in which Stapp acted toward the end of the Weathered tour, but a set-up is a set-up, and it was done purely to get a rise out of him, which it did. They knew it would happen.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:34 PM   #37
titan9
USER INFO »
Oh, I agree with you there. I don't care how much of a supposed jerk an artist is, they don't deserve to be set up like that in an interview. Even if that artist is Celine Dion. I do feel bad that Stapp was set up like this, but I am upset about what he said regarding his ex-bandmates. I know sometimes you don't think before you speak, but in an interview, you have to be careful what you say.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:51 PM   #38
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Hey guys you are too nice...i am a bad girl ...i still think he deserved it
Old 10-12-2005, 04:04 PM   #39
titan9
USER INFO »
To quote Papa Roach(how ironic it is that I'm quoting them, lol) "compassion's in my nature".

Old 10-12-2005, 04:07 PM   #40
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
All I'm going to say is the road of rockstars is rocky and there are bound to be times it is steaming and bound to be times it's shallow . to those that make a huge deal out of it

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 10-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #41
Chase
USER INFO »
Well... I don't think anyone deserves that kind of treatment. If an artist takes time out of their busy schedule to hang out and talk to some DJs about their current projects... they should be treated with some respect. Asking Stapp about how much his ex wife got from the divorce is ridiculous. But why is everyone beating up on Stapp for doing something that Alter Bridge has constantly done for the past year? If Stapp felt like Tremonti didn't have his back... that's how he felt. If Stapp felt like Tremonti was doing something that wasn't beneficial for the band... that's how he felt. It's hard to take either side seriously because we all know that both sides have hard feelings towards each other. It's obvious that most of the people in here are biased towards one side or the other... but if Alter Bridge showed up to do an interview and the DJs were telling them that they were a cheap Creed knock off... everyone in here would be pissed off. There's a line that should be drawn regardless of who you support more.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:41 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Well, I just listened to the interview. I'm going to have to side more with Stapp on this one. The radio guys(the chick wasn't that bad for most of the interview) were just complete jerks(and I could call them far worse names) the entire interview. Bringing up the divorce, Stapp's religion(at least in the way they talked about it) and that story was just completely distasteful. Calling him a "loose-cannon" to his face was a very stupid, disrespectful thing to do.

Stapp was, for the most part, restrained. He went along with it, even had some laughs. But eventually, he got sick of the way they were talking to him, and he left. If that were me, I would have left as well, although I would not have said some of the things that Stapp said. Stapp wasn't without fault in this interview, though. He said some things that stirred the pot. He came across vastly different in this interview then in, say, the interview he did for Christianity Today last year. He came across as being sorta hypocritical. He didn't help himself by saying some of the things that he said.

Overall, I'm still disappointed with some of Stapp's behavior, but I do sympathize with him in some regards. If I were in his shoes, I would have been ticked off after a while. There's only so much trash one can take.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:44 PM   #43
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) To quote Papa Roach(how ironic it is that I'm quoting them, lol) "compassion's in my nature".

its a nice quote coming from ya titan ...i have to love them
Old 10-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #44
RMadd
USER INFO »
good for scott walking out on them... i was listening to the interview, and it sounded alright until the 18th minute, when they just started walking all over him. there's just too many quotes i can put down of the main interviewer being an egomaniacal prick... "this is my goddamn studio, we're gonna talk about what i want to talk about" and the like.... even if some of what they said might've been true (then again, it may be false), they obviously went about this interview with a negative standpoint from the get-go. wouldn't you think, if you've got a new single on the radio and an album dropping in less than 2 months, that the conversation would be focused mostly on that? sure they might make mention of past occurrences and such, but that shouldn't be the focus of the interview, as it was in this case. and they were talking about "being real." how real is it when you continue to trash someone's reputation behind his back after he's left your "goddamn studio"? seems pretty fucked up to me.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:24 PM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: ...we all know that both sides have hard feelings towards each other.
That's the sad part. I wish they could just go about their business without trashing each other, regardless of who pushes the buttons.