++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-11-2005, 10:55 AM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Well... Mark said Creed was done after HC too...

Guess that's one thing they can both agree on, heh.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) "Creed was over after Human Clay." That's a bold statement.

"I fired them" "They didn't have self confidence, then when Creed broke, their heads swelled." Another bold statement.

"In Chicago, during Who's Got My Back Now I laid on the stage. I asked the audience, have you got my back? I looked at my band. Because they don't." Another bold statement.

Like I said in the other thread, so much for Stapp handling the interviews well. I know the other guys haven't been exactly kind during their interviews regarding Stapp, but based on all the interviews that Stapp gave over the past year, I thought he'd be the bigger man and keep his feelings about Mark, Brian and Flip to himself. It just looked that way, and to see him now saying/acting this way, is disappointing to me as a fan. It's just going to make him look bad in the end, and with all the blows his image has taken over the past 3 years, he doesn't need that. Granted, he was probably upset with how the jerks err DJs were talking to him, but that still doesn't make what he said any more in the right.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #17
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Yeah Marcos, thats true but then he said he wrote all the songs from Weathered..... i dont think so
Old 10-11-2005, 11:01 AM   #18
titan9
USER INFO »
Well, looks like I can't use the "he's been nice in interviews" excuse to defend Stapp anymore.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:11 AM   #19
Trimontana
USER INFO »
^^Titan, you are always very honnest. I dont even get bother about what he said to AB...i get more upset to see this guy liying saying things like that at the Chicago gig he didnt forgot the lyrics of the songs, he added more....or like he blamed his doctor for giving him some medicaments....i think he was a bit old to know that what he was taken he couldnt mix it with alcohol?????Daaaahhhhh!!!!!!.....or stuff like he doesnt sound anything like the guy who talked to one of the dj's at the Creed gig years back. Come on???? What are lame lies and excuses, please....and he even has the bollocks to say...if you want i can show you the dvd from the Chicago gig. Thousand of people were there......i read reviews saying he was stinking alcohol..and those people were in the barrier. The best thing he could say to win more respect is say: sorry, i was wrong but now i changed...or somethign like that.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:22 AM   #20
titan9
USER INFO »
I agree about him actually apologizing instead of making excuses or possibly lying. I'm still not sure who I believe about the Chicago thing. Mark has said that Scott had a shot of Jack Daniel's before the concert, and Scott has said that the Predisone was the problem. I guess it is entirely possible that he took Predisone and drank Daniel's, and it had some sort of bad reaction as you are not supposed to take medications with alcohol. If he did that, apparently he missed the memo and didn't realize the effect it could have on him.

I haven't listened to the interview yet(the more I hear about it on here, the less desire I have to actually listen to the interview myself) so I have no idea about the specifics of what he said regarding the Chicago concert. I'll go by what you posted, though.

He added more lyrics? I'm sorry, but if you are drunk or are having a bad reaction to a mix of alcohol and medications, and you're playing a gig that same night, you're most likely going to FORGET lyrics, not add lyrics.

There's obviously no telling if the Radio Producer's story is completely made up, or true. What I find ironic, though, is that Steve's friend has a similar story regarding Stapp. So it's entirely possible that Stapp was rude to those who approached him before/after Creed concerts. Perhaps he has changed by now, perhaps he has completely forgotten about how rude he was to some people, but that doesn't change the facts.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:25 PM   #21
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
And I just want to add that my friend who told me the story had no reason to lie. He told me this before Stapp was getting any negative press. I have no reason to not believe him either.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-11-2005, 01:42 PM   #22
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I do think the DJ's were rude and just looking for shit, but I also don't think Stapp did himself any favors with some of his replies.

My husband, who is not involved with any of this at all, said: "Wow he doesn't interview very well, does he?"

Titan, no Stapp didn't say he added lyrics in Chicago, he said that basically he looked at the audience and said (I guess to himself) do YOU have my back, because these guys (the rest of Creed) didn't have his back. Verbally he didn't make that statement, but literally, he laid down onstage so that something had his back. I'm still not buying it. His excuse for the lawsuit was that 2 guys sued because they had lousy seats.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »
Alright, thanks for further explaining that. I wasn't sure if he actually said that or not.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:58 PM   #24
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) I do think the DJ's were rude and just looking for shit, but I also don't think Stapp did himself any favors with some of his replies.

My husband, who is not involved with any of this at all, said: "Wow he doesn't interview very well, does he?"

Titan, no Stapp didn't say he added lyrics in Chicago, he said that basically he looked at the audience and said (I guess to himself) do YOU have my back, because these guys (the rest of Creed) didn't have his back. Verbally he didn't make that statement, but literally, he laid down onstage so that something had his back. I'm still not buying it. His excuse for the lawsuit was that 2 guys sued because they had lousy seats.

Sorry teri, it was me who mentioned that, thats why Titan got confused. I will give another listen to the interview, i was almost sure he did say that
Old 10-11-2005, 05:12 PM   #25
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Well... Mark said Creed was done after HC too...
Yeah, he really said Creed started to fall apart after the HC tour

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #26
creedchick02
USER INFO »
It won't work for me is the link still good, i wanna hear it....
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 10-11-2005, 07:01 PM   #27
ohiocreedfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) I do think the DJ's were rude and just looking for shit, but I also don't think Stapp did himself any favors with some of his replies.

I just listened to the interview again and he says "I looked at the crowd and said, you got my back? Then I looked at the band and said, They don't".
Old 10-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #28
ohiocreedfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I agree about him actually apologizing instead of making excuses or possibly lying. I'm still not sure who I believe about the Chicago thing. Mark has said that Scott had a shot of Jack Daniel's before the concert, and Scott has said that the Predisone was the problem. I guess it is entirely possible that he took Predisone and drank Daniel's, and it had some sort of bad reaction as you are not supposed to take medications with alcohol. If he did that, apparently he missed the memo and didn't realize the effect it could have on him.

I haven't listened to the interview yet(the more I hear about it on here, the less desire I have to actually listen to the interview myself) so I have no idea about the specifics of what he said regarding the Chicago concert. I'll go by what you posted, though.

He added more lyrics? I'm sorry, but if you are drunk or are having a bad reaction to a mix of alcohol and medications, and you're playing a gig that same night, you're most likely going to FORGET lyrics, not add lyrics.

There's obviously no telling if the Radio Producer's story is completely made up, or true. What I find ironic, though, is that Steve's friend has a similar story regarding Stapp. So it's entirely possible that Stapp was rude to those who approached him before/after Creed concerts. Perhaps he has changed by now, perhaps he has completely forgotten about how rude he was to some people, but that doesn't change the facts.
I think that the story from Hal Fish the Program Director is legit. I worked with his former step daughter during that time period and I know that her mother and Hal were divorced and he had a new girlfriend. That is one of the things he says in the story. Also, the day of the interview, Ronnie Hunter was talking about it on her program which runs right after the Grego Show and she validated the story. She was with the station back then as well. But, I still think it was somewhat of a set up.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:55 AM   #29
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
I think that 90% of that interview was a shot at trying to piss stapp off, the DJ's were out of line. BUT....that goes to show you really what kind of person stapp was. "I fired them..." said it all for me. I lost a lot of respect for stapp in the last 24 minutes, he could have had a little bit less of an attitude/ego towards his time with creed, and he didnt, i know a few people that stapp has blown off after concerts and shit like that. Stapp isnt a happy go lucky guy, hes not the calm air of religion and love that he claims to be. He is in fact a lose cannon. He's not a guy that i would trust or want to be around, because behind every nice deed, there is a motive. Behind every loving smile, there are viper fangs, and he personifies that.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 10-12-2005, 03:23 AM   #30
shiver
USER INFO »
I think these guys asked some questions I woulda liked to ask, and Stapp's answers were what I thought they would be. The guys called him out and he tucked his tail. I guarentee, if I'm on the radio as a DJ, and I ever got to interview the guy, assuming he still has a career in a couple of years, I would call him out. He's a liar and phoney. Best quote;
"If we weren't on radio..."
What?