++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 03-22-2004, 08:57 PM   #1
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Silvertide !!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing)
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) Hey Smilin ... I was just listening to this band Silvertide... I did a search here but the band wasn't mentioned anywhere! What do you think of 'm ??? I got a back to the 70s feelin'... I like 'm!

http://www.silvertidemusic.com/home.html

Hey WW! That's funny that you mention Silvertide! I happened to catch them live with Godsmack on November 1, 2003! I even met the guys after the show and got all of them to sign their EP! I also had them sign my arm...lol

The lead singer is a fantastic guy. I thought I posted about my experience here, but I guess not.

Here was the review I wrote out which mainly touted the goods of Silvertide.
---------------------
Godsmack
Little Rock, AR
Alltel Arena
11/01/03

Julie and myself left our town to head for the concert around 11 A.M. the day of the concert, which was in Little Rock, AR. Once we got there we headed to the hotel and then left for the arena within 30 minutes of arriving at the hotel. We got to the arena at 6:30 P.M. and got in line. We met two people and talked to them about Godsmack and other bands we like, and they were pretty cool. We get inside and didn't see the wristband line, so that messed up our arrival time onto the pit floor. We got our wristbands and got down onto the floor and were on the right side of the stage on the railing at times and in the second row--basically the same thing.

Okay so the show starts but it's not Adema. A band by the name of Silvertide comes on stage. They are joining Godsmack until the end of November and just got off of touring with Alice Cooper not too long ago. Let me tell you this band was a little sloppy, but they did just have almost a week off and were just starting out on a new tour. Overall I was thoroughly impressed with Silvertide. Great energy by the band, especially the lead singer Walt, and they had great music. They aren't trying to sound like other bands today. They have a nice mixed sound of the present and the past. Very fresh addition to the music scene in my opinion. Walt came running down to the front of the stage and it was cool to high five him. Check out this band if you can!

Next up was Adema. With this band I had no expectations hardly. Any that I did have were bad because I haven't heard that many great things about them in concert and to be honest I had previously only heard two songs by them that I liked. Adema actually wasn't that bad. They got the crowd into it pretty good and when they did play the two songs I knew it was really good. I actually might get their newest cd and give them another chance. I've heard better bands, but like I said with the low expectations I had they showed me they are better than that at least.

Now the band you have all been waiting to read about: Godsmack! The show opened with "Vampires" like usual and Sully and the band come onstage. Of course the crowd is really coming alive now. I thought Godsmack was really good live. The pit was into it especially those who could move. Being up front it got more difficult for some of us to jump because we just couldn't get off the ground by being so smashed into each other. A fight broke out probably three songs into Godsmack's set. It was pretty much in the center of the pit, and it looked like it was going to move on to our side of the pit. I believe only the idiots fighting got hurt which is a good thing. Sully mentioned that we were a lot better than the Louisiana crowd which was awesome! Though he could say that everywhere for all I know. When the band came back onstage they started playing "Sweet Home Alabama" which I thought was hilarious but cool. Then Sully said something like "this isn't Alabama, we are Arkansas. This is Sweet Home Arkan-fuckin'-sas(sauce)!". Then they go into "Walk" by Pantera. That was pretty sweet!

After the concert I had went outside to find hot_4_Sully because she went outside. After we met up again the security wouldn't let me back inside for anything! They wouldn't even take my five bucks and get me the Silvertide EP. Well, we got lucky and saw Walt, Silvertide's lead singer, and Julie knocked on the door. As soon as I saw him coming over I got to the door with her. I told him that the security won't even let us inside to get his cd. He told us to hang on a second and he'll be right back. He goes running over to the merchandise stand and brings the cd back for us. How sweet is that? Very nice down-to-earth guy he is. As a matter of fact the whole band is. We told him that the band was very good, and I asked to shake his hand.

After this we went around back and the band members of Silvertide were back there. I got all of the band members to sign the cover art of their cd and to sign my ticket. A few signed my arm too. The same goes for Julie. They were all great! We talked about when the full-length cd will be released, their tour with Alice Cooper, and a bunch of other things. Finally Walt came out back and he climbed the fence to hang with us and the other fans of course. I made sure to get a hug from him this time just because I could. Hey, he's very cute, nice, and a great singer, so why not?

Mainly I want to say go to http://www.silvertidemusic.com and check out this band. They have three songs for download and are worth the time to download the songs.
------------------

I couldn't have said it better Smilin!!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God

Last edited by WeatheredWoman : 03-22-2004 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:13 AM   #2
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) I couldn't have said it better Smilin!!

Why thanks again. Glad to see you have started THE Silvertide thread.

Not much more I can pontificate on after reading my spectacular post. LOL

Their cd is coming out in June for those that don't know.
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/
Old 03-23-2004, 03:30 AM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Excellent review, SmilinSkullring...I'm not a big Godsmack fan, but I might check out Silvertide. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:40 AM   #4
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Excellent review, SmilinSkullring...I'm not a big Godsmack fan, but I might check out Silvertide. Thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks Dogstar. Definitely check them out. They've kind of got a Led Zep vibe w/ other classic rock sounds along with today's sound. Plus, they are very nice guys.

Old 03-31-2004, 09:23 AM   #5
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing) Why thanks again. Glad to see you have started THE Silvertide thread.

Not much more I can pontificate on after reading my spectacular post. LOL

Their cd is coming out in June for those that don't know.

Hahaha Your so welcome Smilin!! Thnx to you!!

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 03-31-2004, 05:18 PM   #6
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Hopefully people will check them out.

Old 04-02-2004, 11:59 AM   #7
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
They will... they will!!

You know what I do sometimes?? After a while not being on this Music Matters Forum and when I feel like I'm in need for some good new bands/music... I'll go through this whole forum to check some recommendations out! I guess ( hope!) that I'm not the only one who do that LOL!!

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 04-02-2004, 03:42 PM   #8
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Yeah, I always take people up on their recommendations especially if they have a lot of the same music taste as me.