++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-14-2006, 07:15 PM   #61
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) What people are saying is that Tremonti, Phillips, and the management could've had the common courtesy to help out Stapp. I have yet to hear anything about those people giving Stapp some kind of support.
You or I have no idea what they did or didn't do to help him out initially. As I said before, no one can really help an addict if he's not ready to accept the help. I don't think the rest of Creed are the bad guys here. You fail to recognize that these were choices initially made by STAPP to do drugs and drink. I do fault management for either not recognizing that the problem was more severe than they were willing to admit or simply ignoring it, but then again, they are ruled by making a ton of money. They weren't going to let their cash cow run dry before its time.

Quote: Mark is partially to blame because he comes off more as caring about touring than the health of his fellow bandmates. Stapp made bad decisions... but Mark had is own selfishness as well. Bottom line: everyone screwed up.

Again, it was Stapp who decided to do drugs and drink, not Mark. And again, we don't know what was really done or not done to help Stapp.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:18 PM   #62
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Wait a minute... wait a minute... so Mark believes that people deserve another chance? And you happen to agree with him? Good. Then you surely believe that Stapp can have a shot at redemption in life.
Did you ever think that maybe they gave Stapp a lot of second chances before the breakup? That would make their bitterness and steadfast resolution not to get back together quite understandable.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:43 PM   #63
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Mark you Suck ! Time to grow up! If you can't stand creeds music, you should defintely stop listening to the crap music your making with a poser rock star wannabe because it's way worse!

YESSSS!!!!!
I've been living a double life
Old 01-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #64
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Did you ever think that maybe they gave Stapp a lot of second chances before the breakup? That would make their bitterness and steadfast resolution not to get back together quite understandable.

I never realized that once you reach a certain number of chances, you become exempt from the possibility of ever changing your life around. It is possible that some bitterness was built from a feeling of abandonment from those who he was close to... his ex wife, bandmates, and management. Not to mention that the media did a effective job at mocking him. Stapp's not a saint.. and neither are the rest of the people that were involved with Creed.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #65
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Stappishot) What does everyone think about this story? Do u think it's more of a push my career cause his album isn't doing so well and he wants people to read it and feel sorry for him so they will buy the album, or do u think maybe he really wanted to tell his side finally? Ur opinion please.

What do you think?

I'm not bashing the guy, so please don't think that.

Maybe he got tired of everyone of his critics calling him a liar. Maybe he's truly ready to deal with his problems. The first step is admitting you have one. He's done that now.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:18 PM   #66
Stappishot
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Maybe he got tired of everyone of his critics calling him a liar. Maybe he's truly ready to deal with his problems. The first step is admitting you have one. He's done that now.

I agree. Well put.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #67
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) You or I have no idea what they did or didn't do to help him out initially. As I said before, no one can really help an addict if he's not ready to accept the help. I don't think the rest of Creed are the bad guys here. You fail to recognize that these were choices initially made by STAPP to do drugs and drink. I do fault management for either not recognizing that the problem was more severe than they were willing to admit or simply ignoring it, but then again, they are ruled by making a ton of money. They weren't going to let their cash cow run dry before its time.

Again, it was Stapp who decided to do drugs and drink, not Mark. And again, we don't know what was really done or not done to help Stapp.

Most addicts are in denial about their addictions. Most of them try to act like they don't need help. What makes Stapp any different? Most times... it takes support from the people you're close to in order to kick bad habits like alcoholism or drug use. Well... now is Mark's chance to say something if he did try to help. Nobody has said anything... so that makes it difficult to believe that they did try to help the guy out. I would try my best to help out a friend or bandmate. All management had to do was cancel or postpone the tour. They did for a few shows after Stapp got in a car accident... or a soar throat. If this was an ongoing problem with Stapp... someone should've recognized it.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:22 PM   #68
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Stappishot) Listen don't put words there that I didn't say! I never said that he will destroy his sons life by getting married! Don't even go there! U just pissed me off! Don't even fucking go there! Ur the one up his ass like a butt buddy or something! RELAX!

Up his ass? What... because I think the guy is able to actually do something positive? Because I happen to believe that he's able to change his life around? Up his ass? Yeah... who has the screen name "Stappishot?" Exactly.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:25 PM   #69
Stappishot
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Up his ass? What... because I don't think the guy is able to actually do something positive? Because I happen to believe that he's able to change his life around? Up his ass? Yeah... who has the screen name "Stappishot?" Exactly.

U r up his ass, ur just something else! And yes I do have stappishot cause I think he's hot! I don't go around trying to defend his every move! What's wrong with u! AND DON'T EVER, EVER PUT SOMETHING THAT I DIDN'T WRITE DOWN ANYMORE! THAT WAS JUST RUDE! If ur gonna say something say something THAT I SAID! Not something that u think I said!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:25 PM   #70
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I never realized that once you reach a certain number of chances, you become exempt from the possibility of ever changing your life around. It is possible that some bitterness was built from a feeling of abandonment from those who he was close to... his ex wife, bandmates, and management. Not to mention that the media did a effective job at mocking him. Stapp's not a saint.. and neither are the rest of the people that were involved with Creed.

Apparently if you're name is Stapp you only have ONE chance. Funny though, his bandmates knew he had a problem with drugs and alcohol, but didn't feel the need to stand up for him when they wanted to pump him full of even more drugs...whatever it took to get him on stage every night. They were okay with that....it kept the money rolling in.

I think the guy is coming from a very different place now. Its as if he gets it now, and he knows what he's gotta do. I wish him much luck.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:29 PM   #71
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Stappishot) U r up his ass, ur just something else! And yes I do have stappishot cause I think he's hot! I don't go around trying to defend his every move! What's wrong with u! AND DON'T EVER, EVER PUT SOMETHING THAT I DIDN'T WRITE DOWN ANYMORE! THAT WAS JUST RUDE! If ur gonna say something say something THAT I SAID! Not something that u think I said!

I didn't quote you. This is the interpretation that I got from the stuff you previously posted. You were basically saying that the guy shouldn't get married because it was going to have a negative impact on his sons life. I don't go around trying to defend his every move. I just recognize that all of this judgemental bullshit is ridiculous and useless. How would like it if you were criticized for every breath you take? How would you like it if you were trying to change your life around and people didn't even have the decency to, for once, take you seriously?
Old 01-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #72
Stappishot
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I didn't quote you. This is the interpretation that I got from the stuff you previously posted. You were basically saying that the guy shouldn't get married because it was going to have a negative impact on his sons life. I don't go around trying to defend his every move. I just recognize that all of this judgemental bullshit is ridiculous and useless. How would like it if you were criticized for every breath you take? How would you like it if you were trying to change your life around and people didn't even have the decency to, for once, take you seriously?

U really need 2 calm down, again, I never said and i repeat I never said that he shouldn't get married! First of all chase read that post again! Cause U have no clue! I take Scott seriously when I know I should. I'm taking it seriously here. He has a problem and he's finally taking charge. But when I see someone doing wrong, I'm gonna put my 2 cents in, don't like it, don't read!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:43 PM   #73
Stappishot
USER INFO »

U know when shit like this makes me angry I wanna smoke, and I'm trying to quit. But all u can do is laugh it off. And move on!

I like the challenge that CHASE gives, that's what I'm talking about! Chase ur cool, I'm just going back anD fourth cause u are.
I always love a challenge, and Chase my biggest challenge 2day, lol.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:46 PM   #74
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Stappishot) U really need 2 calm down, again, I never said and i repeat I never said that he shouldn't get married! First of all chase read that post again! Cause U have no clue! I take Scott seriously when I know I should. I'm taking it seriously here. He has a problem and he's finally taking charge. But when I see someone doing wrong, I'm gonna put my 2 cents in, don't like it, don't read!

Exactly. Don't like it... don't read. I never called you a name for posting what you believe, I just don't believe in kicking the guy while he's down. Maybe you should rethink about telling me to "calm down," when you're the one who got "pissed." I do apologize for one thing... getting you confused with the othe person who's screen name is basically identical to yours. However... my point is... let the guy live his life... and let the guy try to repair his life.

I don't believe that there is any catch behind this article... I believe he is really trying to right some wrongs in his life.

Last edited by Chase : 01-14-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #75
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Most addicts are in denial about their addictions. Most of them try to act like they don't need help. What makes Stapp any different? Most times... it takes support from the people you're close to in order to kick bad habits like alcoholism or drug use.
Yeah, once the addict decides he or she will ACCEPT help. Have you ever tried to help someone who's addicted to drugs or alcohol?

Quote: Well... now is Mark's chance to say something if he did try to help. Nobody has said anything... so that makes it difficult to believe that they did try to help the guy out. I would try my best to help out a friend or bandmate.
No it doesn't. It just means maybe they don't want to talk about it. They have moved on. Stapp is just beginning to move on. They are in different places emotionally. As I said earlier, we really don't and maybe won't know the full story. I would imagine there are some pretty awful details neither Scott nor the rest of Creed would want made public.
Quote: All management had to do was cancel or postpone the tour. They did for a few shows after Stapp got in a car accident... or a soar throat. If this was an ongoing problem with Stapp... someone should've recognized it.

This is simply beyond naive.