++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #151
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) If I had to rank the Creed albums, it'd be like this: MOP>HC>Weathered. And if I factored in Alter Bridge and Stapp, it'd be like this: MOP>HC>ODR>TGD>Weathered.
for me, it's:
HC > MOP > ODR > Weathered > TGD

Old 01-24-2006, 05:51 PM   #152
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) for me, it's:
My order: MOP > HC >ODR > Weathered > TGD...I don't even really like TGD as a whole. I do like Justified, though.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:56 PM   #153
Robin101
USER INFO »

HC>W>TGD>MOP>ODR - ODR is still a great album. This order would probably change next week!

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 01-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #154
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

MOP>TGD>HC>W.............ODR doesnn't even make it. Don't get me wrong, I think Mark is awesome as hell,...but his lyrics are very elementary(IMHO) and I prefer the barritone Stapp over the tenor Myles
I've been living a double life
Old 01-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #155
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) MOP>TGD>HC>W.............ODR doesnn't even make it. Don't get me wrong, I think Mark is awesome as hell,...but his lyrics are very elementary(IMHO) and I prefer the barritone Stapp over the tenor Myles

ELEMENTARY.....that's actually a good description.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #156
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Why is that important NOW? What's done is done. It's history now. I don't see the point in going on about what caused it. We're all well aware of that. His voice has deteriorated, and we know why, and that's that. I see no point in rehashing the circumstances.

It will always matter.....because it was all about

$$$GREED$$$
Old 01-24-2006, 10:18 PM   #157
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Vliegs) I'd heard about what Stapp's said and done in the past before this article came out. Sorry if I doubt the image and sincerity he's trying to portray in the article.

Its called falling off the wagon....lots of people do it when trying to deal with an addiction. Take Scott Weiland for instance. Difference is his bandmates stuck with him through thick and thin.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #158
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) I think Mark is awesome as hell,...but his lyrics are very elementary(IMHO)

I know I'm going to probably get flamed for this, but I agree. After listening to ODR for well over a year(and enjoying it, might I add) I've come to a few conclusions: 1. Myles is a helluva vocalist 2. Mark is an amazing guitarist and 3. Mark is an average lyricist. When you compare what he has written on this album(lyrically) to what Myles did in MF4(lyrically) or what Stapp did in Creed(lyrically), there is no comparison, as far as I am concerned. Mark is capable of writing some good stuff lyrically(look at the chorus of MOP, or the first verse of WTLF, for example), but I truly believe that Myles and Stapp are both much better lyricists than Mark is. My hope is that Myles does the bulk of the lyric writing for the next AB album.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:47 PM   #159
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I. My hope is that Myles does the bulk of the lyric writing for the next AB album.

Same hope here.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 01-25-2006, 12:14 AM   #160
Vliegs
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Its called falling off the wagon....lots of people do it when trying to deal with an addiction. Take Scott Weiland for instance. Difference is his bandmates stuck with him through thick and thin.

Okay...you missed my point. I was completely parlaying the response you gave to RockGoddess right back at you to show you how juvenile your response was to her was to begin with.

If you're going to compare Stapp to Weiland you're going to have to pull more evidence that just Weiland for debating purposes. There are far more situations I could pull from showcasing a lead singer having the same behavior that Stapp exhibited and those bands going the exact same way that Creed did. Mr. Weiland, STP and Velvet Revolver are one of the exceptions to the rule. Not the common denominator throughout rock history which Stapp has followed and can be quite easily paralleled against.

*edited to add*

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) It will always matter.....because it was all about

$$$GREED$$$

Alright. Answer me this....who's the member from Creed who's been marketing themselves not only as the voice of Creed, but the entire musical composer behind Creed's music in interviews? Who's the one who's banking off Creed's name and songs, instead of his own for his SOLO record, constantly in advertisements and radio publicity tour stints to grasp more sales for his own record? Who's said "I will be performing Creed songs without the rest of Creed" during the tour for his SOLO record? Who's the one holding up royalty and album sales payments to ALL of the members of Creed in court b/c he thinks he should get a bigger cut than anybody else?

Last edited by Vliegs : 01-25-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #161
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Vliegs) Okay...you missed my point. I was completely parlaying the response you gave to RockGoddess right back at you to show you how juvenile your response was to her was to begin with.

If you're going to compare Stapp to Weiland you're going to have to pull more evidence that just Weiland for debating purposes. There are far more situations I could pull from showcasing a lead singer having the same behavior that Stapp exhibited and those bands going the exact same way that Creed did. Mr. Weiland, STP and Velvet Revolver are one of the exceptions to the rule. Not the common denominator throughout rock history which Stapp has followed and can be quite easily paralleled against.

*edited to add*

Alright. Answer me this....who's the member from Creed who's been marketing themselves not only as the voice of Creed, but the entire musical composer behind Creed's music in interviews? Who's the one who's banking off Creed's name and songs, instead of his own for his SOLO record, constantly in advertisements and radio publicity tour stints to grasp more sales for his own record? Who's said "I will be performing Creed songs without the rest of Creed" during the tour for his SOLO record? Who's the one holding up royalty and album sales payments to ALL of the members of Creed in court b/c he thinks he should get a bigger cut than anybody else?

RockGoddess has made quite a reputation for herself. She's pretty famous for her hatred of Stapp. Someone told me that she accused him of closing down his foundation because he was destitute and needed the money and that he stole from it...nice to see that now its the Scott Stapp Foundation. He's also tying in the foundation with his tour...you know....canned goods for the homeless...giving back to each community where he plays. So NO....I don't think my response was juvenile at all. I was pretty much stating the truth.

If I'm not mistaken Alter Bridge also used a connection to Creed...so has Stapp...I'm betting that its the record label insisting on that. I've seen copies of One Day Remains with a Creed reference on them. They wanna sell records..and they feel a connection to Creed may help that along. Tremonti didn't want to do it, but when he figured out that no body knew who Alter Bridge was, he allowed the connection to Creed. They sure as hell talked about Creed alot more than they ever did Alter Bridge in every interview they ever gave. As far as I'm concerned, Stapp did write most of the lyrics to Creed songs...you won't convince me it was Mark Tremonti. Tremonti has just as much right to play Creed songs as Stapp does, but he's stated that he hates the music...can't even stand to listen to it. Maybe if he played Creed songs, more people would actually attend an Alter Bridge show...since there are lots of people out there that never got to see Creed live. I'm sure that musically it would be to the letter, but don't know about that singer.

How about Ozzy Osbourne....he was whacked out on drugs...perscribed by the same shitty physician that treated Stapp. But hey....Ozzfest still went on. What's the matter with being an exception? I guess nobody wants to be an exception anymore, huh.

As for Stapp's legal wranglings, I have no idea...what, do you search all the public records in Orange/Dade County to search out who is suing who? But then maybe you are a lawyer or a paralegal. I got better things to do with my time.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:24 PM   #162
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: If I'm not mistaken Alter Bridge also used a connection to Creed...so has Stapp...I'm betting that its the record label insisting on that. I've seen copies of One Day Remains with a Creed reference on them. They wanna sell records..and they feel a connection to Creed may help that along. Tremonti didn't want to do it, but when he figured out that no body knew who Alter Bridge was, he allowed the connection to Creed. They sure as hell talked about Creed alot more than they ever did Alter Bridge in every interview they ever gave. As far as I'm concerned, Stapp did write most of the lyrics to Creed songs...you won't convince me it was Mark Tremonti. Tremonti has just as much right to play Creed songs as Stapp does, but he's stated that he hates the music...can't even stand to listen to it. Maybe if he played Creed songs, more people would actually attend an Alter Bridge show...since there are lots of people out there that never got to see Creed live. I'm sure that musically it would be to the letter, but don't know about that singer.
If you read the early interviews, the guys tried hard to avoid talking about Creed. It's the interviewers who steered the conversation toward Creed and the breakup. I'm sure they finally got sick of the questions, so yeah, after a while, there was a lot of talk on their part about Creed, the breakup and Stapp. The media wouldn't let it rest because that's all they cared about really. They weren't really interested in the music that much, not the majority of the reporters, anyway.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:37 PM   #163
nagpo
USER INFO »

for me its
MOP> HC and Weathered tie> TGD> ODR
Old 01-25-2006, 11:32 PM   #164
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) If you read the early interviews, the guys tried hard to avoid talking about Creed. It's the interviewers who steered the conversation toward Creed and the breakup. I'm sure they finally got sick of the questions, so yeah, after a while, there was a lot of talk on their part about Creed, the breakup and Stapp. The media wouldn't let it rest because that's all they cared about really. They weren't really interested in the music that much, not the majority of the reporters, anyway.
That's exactly what happened as I saw it, and I do believe that AB did try to avoid the Stapp comments as much as possible, but when all the media wants to know is "What happened??" and doesn't seem to care about the music, they finally had to start answering those questions to get to the musical questions.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-26-2006, 03:00 AM   #165
Trimontana
USER INFO »

For me at the time that Creed were together listen to them had sense but now i care about the present, even i still i think MOP and HC are awesome, i listen to ODR and i would choose it right now a thousand times more than the Creed albums. Another reason i do it's cause i love Myles voice and his capacity to sing. About TGD i don't really care to be honnest, *who said AB lyrics are elementary'?, i had a couple of listens to the cd and i though that this was REALLY 'elementary' *he repeats himself more at the chorus than a tuna sandwich*. And the rest of the lyrics are nothing fabolous. He's very far, far away to be compared with the Creed lyrics he suposses he wrote.
And yeah, i am sure Myles will participate on the new album. At the sound check in Madrid last year they were trying to complete a new track between Myles and Mark...the song sounded beautiful. I really can't wait to new album to be released.