++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-24-2005, 09:34 PM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) but i guess this vid was pretty low budget compared to OLB haha

I highly doubt the video is "plain" because of a "low budget". This is Scott Stapp we're talking about here. He, along with the rest of Creed, put WU on the map. They made WU into the money-making label that it is today. Thus, they are going to(or should) pour a good bit of money into both AB and Stapp. I highly doubt that they would have a low budget for a guy who was the lead singer for a band that was massively successful.

I do, however, believe that the video is plain because they wanted to do something simple, not as complex as the Creed videos. The whole point of the video is to show that Stapp is still around, he is still making music, and most importantly, he is now a SOLO artist. THAT is why GB is rarely shown in the video. It makes perfect sense to me.

As for promoting Stapp on the Creed.com web site, honestly, I don't have a single problem with it. WU promoted AB on there to maybe a lesser extent last year and not a person on here complained. But when it involves the man everyone loves to hate, people are all pissed off about it. It's kinda silly. And I completely agree with what RMadd said. That was exactly what I was going to post. It makes good sense to put that stuff on the web site.

And, obviously, if you're talking about a Scott Stapp video, you should know that you're going to get a lot of "Jesus Christ" poses.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:06 AM   #17
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I highly doubt the video is "plain" because of a "low budget". This is Scott Stapp we're talking about here. He, along with the rest of Creed, put WU on the map. They made WU into the money-making label that it is today. Thus, they are going to(or should) pour a good bit of money into both AB and Stapp. I highly doubt that they would have a low budget for a guy who was the lead singer for a band that was massively successful.

I do, however, believe that the video is plain because they wanted to do something simple, not as complex as the Creed videos. The whole point of the video is to show that Stapp is still around, he is still making music, and most importantly, he is now a SOLO artist. THAT is why GB is rarely shown in the video. It makes perfect sense to me.

As for promoting Stapp on the Creed.com web site, honestly, I don't have a single problem with it. WU promoted AB on there to maybe a lesser extent last year and not a person on here complained. But when it involves the man everyone loves to hate, people are all pissed off about it. It's kinda silly. And I completely agree with what RMadd said. That was exactly what I was going to post. It makes good sense to put that stuff on the web site.

And, obviously, if you're talking about a Scott Stapp video, you should know that you're going to get a lot of "Jesus Christ" poses.

Yeh i know it soughta sucks how the singers always get the most credit, Ive been playing guitar for a while now and its amazing how muhc work TRemonti does alot of people dont realise his ethic without the sound that he produces i bet they wouldnt have sold half of wat they have sold...
Old 10-25-2005, 10:13 AM   #18
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) You notice in The Great Divide, they dont show anything more then a silouette of the backing band members? Nice of them huh?

Well, considering he's now a solo artist, I would think that the entire band wouldn't be featured. I don't get what is so hard to understand about the word "solo".
Old 10-25-2005, 10:16 AM   #19
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I highly doubt the video is "plain" because of a "low budget". This is Scott Stapp we're talking about here. He, along with the rest of Creed, put WU on the map. They made WU into the money-making label that it is today. Thus, they are going to(or should) pour a good bit of money into both AB and Stapp. I highly doubt that they would have a low budget for a guy who was the lead singer for a band that was massively successful.

I agree. Makes perfect sense to me too. I really like the video and think it's a nice change from Creed.

I didn't see any "Jesus Christ" poses. Did I miss something??.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:49 AM   #20
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I agree. Makes perfect sense to me too. I really like the video and think it's a nice change from Creed.

I didn't see any "Jesus Christ" poses. Did I miss something??.

Yes you did!! this vid has more "Jesus Christ" poses than any thingStapp has done to date!.... i don't really mind it tho, whenever i picture stapp in my head he's in one of his poses... seems weird to see him not in one... and i kinda like em haha
Old 10-25-2005, 10:59 AM   #21
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) As for promoting Stapp on the Creed.com web site, honestly, I don't have a single problem with it. WU promoted AB on there to maybe a lesser extent last year and not a person on here complained. But when it involves the man everyone loves to hate, people are all pissed off about it. It's kinda silly. And I completely agree with what RMadd said. That was exactly what I was going to post. It makes good sense to put that stuff on the web site.

I don't so much as have a problem with them promoting Stapp on creed.com, but the other former members also have a cd out with 2 videos, which hasn't done overly well and won't do nearly as well as Stapps. If WU actually wanted alter bridge to do anything they would have alter bridge stuff up on creed.com now too, then when people see all the new stapp stuff there and realize creed have broken up they could also see what the other former members are doing too, not just thinking "oh, those guys must have just quit on stapp, they're probably out in a bar somewhere now getting fat..."

I'm not one of the people on here who is pro AB and anit Stapp... i'm right down the middle, and i can't wait for Stapp's album release... but it's kinda sad to see some of your favotite musicians gettin shafted.

and yea, they did have a small clip of OYE and a link to the site back in the day, but there were articles there about stapp then too, and that's how i think creed.com should be managed now. Telling about Stapp and Alter Bridge equally, cus when it comes down to it WU is just gonna make more money from us that way...

Last edited by HuMaN~ClAy : 10-25-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:25 AM   #22
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Yeh i know it soughta sucks how the singers always get the most credit, Ive been playing guitar for a while now and its amazing how muhc work TRemonti does alot of people dont realise his ethic without the sound that he produces i bet they wouldnt have sold half of wat they have sold...

It happens to practically every band, unfortunately. If there's only one member of a band that people know well, it'll most always be the lead singer. Everyone knows who Bono is, but not everyone knows who U2's bassist is. It's the same thing with Creed. You mention Mark Tremonti by name and most people will be like "who?" But if you mention Scott Stapp by name, they'll probably be like "oh, that lead singer from Creed". It sucks that lead singers almost always get the most attention in a band, as the guitarists, bassists and drummers are every bit as vital to the band, but that's unfortunately how it is. I'm a guitarist myself, so I highly respect the kind of effort Tremo puts into his guitar playing and his music.

Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) I don't so much as have a problem with them promoting Stapp on creed.com, but the other former members also have a cd out with 2 videos, which hasn't done overly well and won't do nearly as well as Stapps. If WU actually wanted alter bridge to do anything they would have alter bridge stuff up on creed.com now too, then when people see all the new stapp stuff there and realize creed have broken up they could also see what the other former members are doing too, not just thinking "oh, those guys must have just quit on stapp, they're probably out in a bar somewhere now getting fat..."

I'm not one of the people on here who is pro AB and anit Stapp... i'm right down the middle, and i can't wait for Stapp's album release... but it's kinda sad to see some of your favotite musicians gettin shafted.

and yea, they did have a small clip of OYE and a link to the site back in the day, but there were articles there about stapp then too, and that's how i think creed.com should be managed now. Telling about Stapp and Alter Bridge equally, cus when it comes down to it WU is just gonna make more money from us that way...

I completely agree with you there. WU SHOULD be giving both Stapp and AB equal attention on Creed.com, but unfortunately they are not doing that presently. I'm wondering if things will be different when the second AB CD comes out.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #23
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) Yes you did!! this vid has more "Jesus Christ" poses than any thingStapp has done to date!.... i don't really mind it tho, whenever i picture stapp in my head he's in one of his poses... seems weird to see him not in one... and i kinda like em haha

I don't think that Jesus would constantly pump his fists with emotion lol.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:38 PM   #24
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) Yes you did!! this vid has more "Jesus Christ" poses than any thingStapp has done to date!.... i don't really mind it tho, whenever i picture stapp in my head he's in one of his poses... seems weird to see him not in one... and i kinda like em haha

Ok, I missed them then. I guess I just didn't look hard enough. I've never had any problem with the way Stapp presents himself, either live or in video.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:39 PM   #25
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I don't think that Jesus would constantly pump his fists with emotion lol.

No, I don't think so either....lol.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:30 PM   #26
geletmote
USER INFO »
[quote=titan9]It happens to practically every band, unfortunately. If there's only one member of a band that people know well, it'll most always be the lead singer. Everyone knows who Bono is, but not everyone knows who U2's bassist is. It's the same thing with Creed. You mention Mark Tremonti by name and most people will be like "who?" But if you mention Scott Stapp by name, they'll probably be like "oh, that lead singer from Creed". It sucks that lead singers almost always get the most attention in a band, as the guitarists, bassists and drummers are every bit as vital to the band, but that's unfortunately how it is. I'm a guitarist myself, so I highly respect the kind of effort Tremo puts into his guitar playing and his music.

Yeh it really helps understanding the hard work mark does when you play guitar yourself, how long have you been playing for man? WAt creed songs can you play?? I cant stop playing one last breath intro , im in love with that song...hehe
Old 10-25-2005, 11:06 PM   #27
titan9
USER INFO »
Haha, I'm a newbie, actually. I got my Acoustic last December, but didn't get serious about it til a few weeks ago, really. So I'm still in the beginning stages, still trying to do hammer ons and such. I've figured out that I need to take it easy, because I do become easily frustrated with it. I want to play like Mark! So I can't play any Creed songs yet, but my goal song is My Own Prison. I think that'll probably be the first song by them that I learn.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:36 PM   #28
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
man, i love playing marks stuff. SHWM and Torn are my favorites to play... i'm not very good at guitar, only been playin a little bit, but i can play like 70% of creeds stuff... you really do apperciate how good mark is compared to a lot of other rock guitarists now a days when you start to play. i remember learning OLB and Higher and thinking how much more complicated it was compared to Nickelback and the like... i can only play OYE, Burn it Down, Broken Wings and parts of others from his alter bridge stuff tho... that stuff's a lot more complex haha
Old 10-26-2005, 04:55 AM   #29
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Haha, I'm a newbie, actually. I got my Acoustic last December, but didn't get serious about it til a few weeks ago, really. So I'm still in the beginning stages, still trying to do hammer ons and such. I've figured out that I need to take it easy, because I do become easily frustrated with it. I want to play like Mark! So I can't play any Creed songs yet, but my goal song is My Own Prison. I think that'll probably be the first song by them that I learn.

Dont get frustrated there is no trick to playing guitar good you just gotta keep practising and practising so keep doin wat ur doin. IF YOU WANT to hear me play MY OWN PRISON go to this link here, i recorded this for you its 60 seconds but u get an idea, heres the link:

http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...60IQVN3NWTAM0N

Let me know what you think man & if you have any other requests of songs i can record ..

[/quote]man, i love playing marks stuff. SHWM and Torn are my favorites to play... i'm not very good at guitar, only been playin a little bit, but i can play like 70% of creeds stuff... you really do apperciate how good mark is compared to a lot of other rock guitarists now a days when you start to play. i remember learning OLB and Higher and thinking how much more complicated it was compared to Nickelback and the like... i can only play OYE, Burn it Down, Broken Wings and parts of others from his alter bridge stuff tho... that stuff's a lot more complex haha [/quote]

yeh the good thing about his stuff is that it is fun to play aswell & it is quite technicall yeh id say i can play 70% creed songs aswell.. any chance of recording a demo for me of OLB?? DOnt tell me u can play the OYE solo?

heres a link to me playing My own Prison if u wanna hear it:

http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...60IQVN3NWTAM0N
Old 10-27-2005, 10:07 PM   #30
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

I watched the video and noticed that he always keeps at least one hand on the mic stand or he is holding the mic in one hand. I thought in order to do a Jesus pose he would have to let go of the mic and fling both of his arms out...I didn't see him do that. Are we watching the same video?