++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #31
Agent D
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed to Record New Single?!

I'm not even trying to say they're bad guys, it's just the decision-making that burns me up. Full Circle is indeed a terrific album, it just seems like Wind-Up doesn't want to make the general public aware of it.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #32
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Oh, I wasn't saying you said that Jared. I was stating what I agreed with Agent D about then what I agreed with you about. I agree they put a lot of effort into it, but I certainly wouldn't say it all. It's also not that impressive that they pulled it together in two months considering very little of it was written for that album. Tremonti has said numerous times that Full Circle was mostly riffs he had lying around for a year or more and poetry Scott had from hiatus. But I do agree that it's crazy how many people think making an album is a really hard thing to do. It doesn't take much time at all. Especially if you're as productive as Tremonti.

@Creed009 - There is NO way Mark Tremonti has that much money. NO way. I have also NEVER heard him say that he didn't do the Creed reunion for the money, he made a joke about the fact that they were being paid a lot of money, but whenever he was asked why they got back together I noticed Stapp jumped in and answered it for him. If Tremonti did say that he didn't do the Creed reunion for money then yes, I am calling him a bald faced liar. But it's fanboys like you that piss me off because they act that it's supream blasphemy. If you go on ABB.net and call Stapp an alcoholic you will have tons of people agreeing with you, why? Because Stapp IS an alcoholic. You go on ABB.net and call Tremonti a sell out they will all SHIT THEIR PANTS out of pure rage and flame you till no end. But the thing is, Tremonti did agree to do a tour and play songs that he CLEARLY had no intrest in playing with a person he pretty obviously didn't really like. Atleast Stapp is honest about and has fixed his problem.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #33
Agent D
USER INFO »

Well, Tremo's not a sellout, obviously. I think anyone who says that is an idiot. And the effort is there, he is a professional after all and he loves what he does. It's just that he was so adamant about not reuniting and then all of a sudden, he and the others had a change of heart. But Full Circle is too good to just call it a cashgrab.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #34
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Explain how he is not a sell out. Adding obviously to the end of your opinion does not make it fact and certainly doesn't disprove the other arguement. If tremo cared so much about that album why didn't he wait for Stapp to get better before recording it. Or actually writting music specifically for that album. Full Circle is a good album. But listen to it right after listening to HC and then say tremo did his best.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:40 AM   #35
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

^Stapp's vocal woes started right before the tour started, not while they were recording & according to Scott it was his idea to do the album. In my opinion you guys are insane lol we're way too spoiled by these guys... so much great new music & a ton of touring to go along with it.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:54 AM   #36
BSC
USER INFO »

Wait a minute... Tremonti doesn't care about Creed?

Is this forum filled with mind readers now? You don't know Mark's intentions with Creed, you probably won't ever find out, so stop pretending you do. Sure, this could all be for cash, but we don't know that, or he could feel passionate about it.. Once again, we don't know that.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #37
Creed009
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Oh, I wasn't saying you said that Jared. I was stating what I agreed with Agent D about then what I agreed with you about. I agree they put a lot of effort into it, but I certainly wouldn't say it all. It's also not that impressive that they pulled it together in two months considering very little of it was written for that album. Tremonti has said numerous times that Full Circle was mostly riffs he had lying around for a year or more and poetry Scott had from hiatus. But I do agree that it's crazy how many people think making an album is a really hard thing to do. It doesn't take much time at all. Especially if you're as productive as Tremonti.

@Creed009 - There is NO way Mark Tremonti has that much money. NO way. I have also NEVER heard him say that he didn't do the Creed reunion for the money, he made a joke about the fact that they were being paid a lot of money, but whenever he was asked why they got back together I noticed Stapp jumped in and answered it for him. If Tremonti did say that he didn't do the Creed reunion for money then yes, I am calling him a bald faced liar. But it's fanboys like you that piss me off because they act that it's supream blasphemy. If you go on ABB.net and call Stapp an alcoholic you will have tons of people agreeing with you, why? Because Stapp IS an alcoholic. You go on ABB.net and call Tremonti a sell out they will all SHIT THEIR PANTS out of pure rage and flame you till no end. But the thing is, Tremonti did agree to do a tour and play songs that he CLEARLY had no intrest in playing with a person he pretty obviously didn't really like. Atleast Stapp is honest about and has fixed his problem.

http://www.wmms.com/pages/maxwellondemand/

Here is the Cleveland interview where Tremonti states it's not about the money. He's stated that over and over again. I'm still looking for the Forbes article. But there's no doubt that the guy is rich when you look at his house. To say that Tremonti was somehow broke when Creed reunited is just ludicrous. Most people don't go out and blow millions of dollars, especially not Tremonti. And I guess you meant that Stapp is a "former alcoholic."
Old 05-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #38
Creed009
USER INFO »

I guess that interview isn't on the page anymore, but I'm sure that most people on this board remember that infamous interview.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #39
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

@Jared - His vocal problems started in december. Atleast from what i could tell. I also found his vocal performance on Full Circle to be VERY subpar. I love stapp don't get me wrong, i've stuck up for him plenty of times to AB fanboys tearing him apart, but his voice was pretty bad. But I do agree that the guys, Mark especially is pretty much the most productive man in music at this point in time.

@BSC - So you can't say anything unless it is absolute fact? So you can say that Stapp still gets drunk and without anybody knowing him here can't say he doesn't? Of course not. It is safe to assume that Tremonti's loyalties lie with Myles and Alter Bridge. See him hang out with Myles and he is nothing but smilies and loving every second. See him hang out with Stapp and he really doesn't look like he cares too much. I would say the only reason he cares about Creed is the money it brings. Ofcourse he cares enough to make good songs because he doesn't want to have his name on a bad album. But to have him do 1 tour to support it and already talking about alter bridge and their year and a half tour coming up and B-sides EP it's pretty obvious what he cares about.

@Creed009- 1). Never said Tremo was broke, just that he did the tour for MORE money. Isn't it also common knowledge that Alter Bridge was in Debt to Universal after Blackbird? 2). Did he say why he did it? So he could play Higher again? The only perks that i've heard him say about doing the Creed reunion was having his own bus and playing to large crowds again. 3). Nice try, an alcoholic is never not an alcoholic, he just becomes an alcoholic that stops drinking. An alcoholic is somebody who is addicted to alcohol which Stapp is, but he has conquered his demons and is now a much better person because of it.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #40
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Gotta love it. This is what Creed fans have been all about for a long time - constant infighting.

Maybe they band should have stayed apart.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #41
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Well no one knows when Scott's voice went out... I'm guessing it was shortly after the Fox & Friends gig, & I've been told the "allergy issue" was right before the tour so who knows.

I'm not fighting btw, I just find this all funny haha if you don't like Creed or the guys anymore, don't listen or pay attention to them... it's simple as that.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #42
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Oh I love Creed don't get me wrong. I love all the guys too. But Tremonti and his legion of nuthuggers get on my nerves lol. I'm sorry for hijacking this thread btw. New Creed single. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #43
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) @Jared - His vocal problems started in december. Atleast from what i could tell. I also found his vocal performance on Full Circle to be VERY subpar. I love stapp don't get me wrong, i've stuck up for him plenty of times to AB fanboys tearing him apart, but his voice was pretty bad. But I do agree that the guys, Mark especially is pretty much the most productive man in music at this point in time.

@BSC - So you can't say anything unless it is absolute fact? So you can say that Stapp still gets drunk and without anybody knowing him here can't say he doesn't? Of course not. It is safe to assume that Tremonti's loyalties lie with Myles and Alter Bridge. See him hang out with Myles and he is nothing but smilies and loving every second. See him hang out with Stapp and he really doesn't look like he cares too much. I would say the only reason he cares about Creed is the money it brings. Ofcourse he cares enough to make good songs because he doesn't want to have his name on a bad album. But to have him do 1 tour to support it and already talking about alter bridge and their year and a half tour coming up and B-sides EP it's pretty obvious what he cares about.

@Creed009- 1). Never said Tremo was broke, just that he did the tour for MORE money. Isn't it also common knowledge that Alter Bridge was in Debt to Universal after Blackbird? 2). Did he say why he did it? So he could play Higher again? The only perks that i've heard him say about doing the Creed reunion was having his own bus and playing to large crowds again. 3). Nice try, an alcoholic is never not an alcoholic, he just becomes an alcoholic that stops drinking. An alcoholic is somebody who is addicted to alcohol which Stapp is, but he has conquered his demons and is now a much better person because of it.
All of these things matters not THE SHOW WILL GO ON Stapps Vocals Are Fine Live Man, why the guys said themeselves, they went ahead and recorded full circle CROSSING NEW BOUNDRIES That Were Not Afraid Of Like many stapps may had more than a few drinks but that dont label the guy As ALCHOLIC Im just looking at the common since factor PEACE BE WITH YA Burried And Gone,
Old 05-09-2010, 12:21 AM   #44
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Explain how he is not a sell out. Adding obviously to the end of your opinion does not make it fact and certainly doesn't disprove the other arguement. If tremo cared so much about that album why didn't he wait for Stapp to get better before recording it. Or actually writting music specifically for that album. Full Circle is a good album. But listen to it right after listening to HC and then say tremo did his best.

Why would Tremonti wait when Scott is the one who came to him and basically said "I'm ready to do this."?

And personally, and I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I do like Full Circle overall better than Human Clay. That's always been my least favorite album.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #45
Finaldecision
USER INFO »

To all the people who think Mark doesn't really care about Creed. Read this interview from April '09: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...reunion-205432