++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed/AB Donate to "Plane to Haiti"

AB & Creed have been added to the list of key donors for "Plane to Haiti"

http://www.planetohaiti.org/

(Thanks to PBF for the heads up)

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
Trinity
USER INFO »
Re: Creed/AB Donate to "Plane to Haiti"

That's good of them, thanks for posting.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
Frankie
USER INFO »

Scott and his Foundation also
Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Updates:

http://blogs.sltrib.com/burger/index...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Quote: Utahns David Archuleta and Julianne Hough have joined the effort to fund an MD-80 aircraft to leave Long Beach Wednesday morning bound for Port-Au-Prince, ready to provide over 10,000 pounds of medical supplies (donated by MedShare), doctors, and medical staff.

Scott Stapp and the members of Creed, New Kids On The Block, Alter Bridge, Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine, Godsmack, Eve and the two Utahns headed the initial wave of musicians helping the cause, with more joining by the moment. Together, they’ve helped the staff of DC3 Music Group raise over $1 million in supplies and donations.

The PLANE TO HAITI effort will continue with as many return trips as needed. The Wheelchair Foundation is accepting donations through the mission’s new website, http://www.planetohaiti.org.

No donation is too big or too small.

http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/26/sc...lane-to-haiti/

Quote: In yet another distinct and inspiring relief effort for the Haiti earthquake disaster, a varied group of bands and musicians -- including Scott Stapp (Creed), Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine), Godsmack, Eve, Alter Bridge and New Kids on the Block -- have given their support to "Plane to Haiti," a humanitarian effort led by DC3 Music Group, LLC.

Under the direction of respected live concert video director/producer Daniel E. Catullo, an MD-80 aircraft is scheduled to depart for Haiti from Long Beach, Calif. on Wednesday. The aircraft will transport doctors, medical staff and 10,000 pounds of medical supplies to the hard-hit Haitian capital, Port-Au-Prince. Waiting on the ground will be Creed's Scott Stapp (pictured). Be nice -- he's taking an admirable hands-on approach with this one. Others, such as New Kids on the Block, helped by soliciting donations from fans while leading by example. Morello played a key role by networking with doctors through email.

Catullo and his DC3 associates plan to use their background as video producers to set up a system that will allow people to leave messages for each other in the attempt to find loved ones who have gone missing since the earthquake. The director also plans to film public service announcements and document areas of Haiti and aspects of the disaster that have been overlooked by media reports.

With additional support from its partners, the Wheelchair Foundation and MedShare, "Plane to Haiti" has raised over $1 million in supplies and donations, and plans to make repeated return trips as funds allow. Visit the official website for more information and to, you know, donate.

Tweet from Stapp...

"Just arrived in Haiti en route to Port au Prince w/ medical supplies- scenes of destruction & devastation of an already struggling country. The people need our help."

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:34 AM   #5
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Another article... (thanks again Frankie!)

http://mvremix.com/urban_blogs/2010/...3-music-group/

Quote: LOS ANGELES – When Award-winning director/ producer Daniel E. Catullo III saw news reports of Haiti’s suffering, it wasn’t enough to just pick up the phone and donate money. Instead, the noted concert video producer has spent the past week rallying the music community to mount a million-dollar relief mission poised to depart this week for Port-au-Prince.

Tomorrow, through the humanitarian efforts of Catullo’s multi-media company, DC3 Music Group, LLC, an MD-80 aircraft is scheduled to leave Long Beach, CA, bound for Port-Au-Prince, ready to provide over 10,000 pounds of medical supplies (donated by MedShare), doctors, and medical staff. The plane, donated by the mission’s primary partners, the Wheelchair Foundation, will be departing from Long Beach in the morning, and is scheduled to return from Haiti either Friday night or Saturday.

Scott Stapp and the members of Creed, New Kids On The Block, Alter Bridge, Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine, Godsmack, Julianne Hough, Eve, and David Archuleta head the initial wave of musicians helping the cause, with more joining by the moment. Together, they’ve helped the staff of DC3 Music Group raise over $1 million in supplies and donations. The PLANE TO HAITI effort will continue with as many return trips as needed. The Wheelchair Foundation is accepting donations through the mission’s new website, http://www.planetohaiti.org. No donation is too big or too small.

“I couldn’t just sit there watching anymore,” said Catullo. “So I started calling and e-mailing all of the artists I know and work with and asked for donations and help spreading the word. After five straight 20-hour days, we now have everybody from Scott Stapp to New Kids On The Block to Godsmack helping make this happen. I am so grateful to everybody who stepped up and for the overwhelming amount of support we have received so far. I am pleased to announce that our departure to Haiti with all these supplies is imminent.

“As long as the money and support keeps coming, we will keep the supplies going down. The Wheelchair Foundation is planning many trips to Haiti in the coming months. The need for wheelchairs and medical supplies will not just be this week, but for many, many months. It is quite overwhelming.”

Catullo first teamed with the Wheelchair Foundation in 2004 on a trip to deliver wheelchairs to Panama and has been a huge supporter ever since. It was only natural that he reached out to the organization’s founder, Ken Behring, to partner in PLANE TO HAITI.

“Panama was one of the most amazing experiences I ever have had in my life,” said Catullo. “Giving someone the gift of mobility is life-changing and something that we all take for granted. I am honored to be friends with the Behring’s and everybody involved at the Foundation. They truly are a special bunch of people”

Added Wheelchair Foundation spokesman Jeff Behring: “Our mission to Haiti is about assembling volunteers with a passion to help those in desperate need and then provide. Dan Catullo and his group have been instrumental in assembling this mission and making it happen.”

Scott Stapp was the first musician on board, aligning with “Plane to Haiti” through the With Arms Wide Open Foundation, which brings hope to children “with arms wide open.” Stapp already is on the ground in Haiti awaiting for the arrival of Catullo and the medical supplies. The Creed lead singer is scheduled to return on the “Plane to Haiti” flight back to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday night.

Sully Erna, lead singer of multi-platinum rock band Godsmack, was another early Catullo supporter and has rallied his fans to help raise more money.

“I really care about human lives in general,” said Erna. “A soul is irreplaceable and should never be taken for granted. We’re only here for a blip. And we must cherish this life, because none of us are truly qualified to say whether or not we come back. And even if we do, we don’t know if we’d remember who we were.

And since I can’t be there to help in person, I want to make my contribution as a fellow human being to give what I can while I’m in the fortunate situation that I am to help those that are so unfortunate in this time of tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to all of those families and children that they get through this as quickly and painlessly as possible.”

Morello was next. Though he couldn’t go along for the ride, the Rage Against the Machine guitarist was pivotal in starting a network of e-mails that led to doctors, supplies and donations, including a group of Haitian doctors and nurses headed to Haiti later to stay for up to one month.

Another charity, MedShare, donated over 8,000 pounds of much needed medical supplies for the trip.

“Mr. Catullo was inspired to immediately help bring health and hope to the Haitian people and asked MedShare to collaborate on this important project,” said Chuck Haupt, executive director of MedShare Western Region. “MedShare has a 10-year history of shipping medical supplies and equipment to support non-profits in the country. We were delighted to learn that PLANE TO HAITI was willing to get urgently needed triage supplies flown directly to the Partners In Health hospitals in Port-au-Prince. After a disaster of this magnitude medical supplies are in high demand by caregivers, and MedShare couldn’t be more pleased with partnering with Mr. Catullo and PLANE TO HAITI to help save lives.”

Shortly thereafter, AGP Management, which manages such superstar artists as Godsmack, Creed, Smashing Pumpkins and New Kids On The Block, offered support and rallied its client roster to help. The first act to jump on board was New Kids On The Block. Not only did the multi-platinum group start by making a substantial donation, the members immediately began Twittering fans to get additional donations and other support.

On the ground in Haiti, DC3 has made plans to utilize its skills as video producers to build an infrastructure that will allow people to leave video messages to their loved ones and check in on them. DC3 also will be able to transmit images of Haiti, focusing on areas underserved by the media, and shoot public service announcements to help the Wheelchair Foundation raise additional funds for future shipments. Additionally, the ground team plans to meet with troops and relief workers to help raise morale, and visit the Hands & Feet Project, the orphaned children’s village in Jacmel started by the band Audio Adrenaline. Over 40 computers, two satellite dishes and 100 video cameras have been donated to the ground efforts, made possible through partnerships with CNN, Bing Maps, Kuzzon Media and Wexler Video.

Others involved in the mission include AGP Management, Dr. Nancy Sobel, Dr. Janette Nesheiwat, Rockpit.com, and Rodney Bowes Design. So far, three charities, 10 companies and 100 people are working together on the mission to get people directly to Haiti to help.

“It’s been an amazing week,” said Catullo. “As a small group of people with a mission we are going to help a lot of people.”

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Thanks For Posting Dk May The Comforter BRING THAT PEACE THE PASSES ALL KNOWLEGE AND UNDERSTANDING To Those Over There In Jesus Mighty Name Again Thanks For Posting AND ROCK ON
Old 01-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
BSC
USER INFO »

My respect for Scott Stapp has gone up even more. Not only donating to Haiti, but flying over there.

He's a really great guy.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

New tweet from Scott...

"Day 2, one of our stops delivering to the "Global Orphan Project" So many kids without parents- they are amazing"

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...44f8762663.jpg

Very inspiring...hopefully he has a safe trip.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Update from the Spanish River Church:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...reed_Craig.jpg

Quote: "Yesterday, another three people joined our team in Haiti. Dr. Janette Nesheiwat and her two brothers Daniel and Scott. After numerous hours planning over the weekend, the team flew to Santo Domingo, carrying lots of supplies and medicines, and met with Pastor Dony at the airport yesterday. Then, they drove together to Haiti. Today both teams continue to work and see people in need around Port Au Prince. Here you can see Scott and Craig (our trip coordinator) at the Love a Child compound. Because of the great need and the additional supplies that our team received, they decided to stay in Haiti until Friday, when both teams will come home."

Press release:
Quote: Scott Stapp with the With Arms Wide Open Foundation was the first musician on board supporting the efforts of PLANE TO HAITI. He has been on the ground in Haiti since Monday with his relief team headed by Dr. Janette Neshiewat, and assistant Daniel Nesheiwat. They have been traveling across the hard hit terrain in a van Stapp purchased and loaded with medical supplies, food and water.

"After seeing firsthand the children at the orphanage, the sight of human tragedy from the earthquake devastation and meeting the people of an already struggling country is truly humbling and hard to hold back the tears,” said Stapp. “It instantly changes your perspective on life and makes you want to hold on to every precious moment that life has to give. I think it’s hard to see this human travesty and not be impacted one way or another. Clearly, the generosity and the passion from my fellow relief workers makes me feel even more proud to be an American and a nation of mercy to reach out to other nations in times like these. I thank God for the blessing for me to be here and help in any way. We need to continue to help rebuild this country and support these people, especially the thousands of homeless children who lost their parents."

Thanks again Frankie!

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 01-27-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #10
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Video update from Scott...

http://scottstappofficial.com/media/videos/1571/1321
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKVQecnLHNg

More tweets...

"Port Au Prince- tent homes next to a mobile hospital. In front of me the collapsed capital building of PAP."

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...6a0dc929af.jpg

"Anette Nesheiwat, myself and Daniel with medical team in front of the collapsed Port Au Prince capital building."

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...536a9f2a25.jpg

"Thousands living on the streets in tent houses, they really need our help."

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...825fc8ef8a.jpg

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 01-27-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #11
nagpo
USER INFO »

He is quite the humanitarian.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #12
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) He is quite the humanitarian.
i know it it hit me funny the way you said that thanks for posting guys serious im praying no more quakes hits over there it is kwite a nerve wrecking sitution on personal note i,ll be glad when everybodys back home safe and sound
Old 01-28-2010, 07:14 PM   #13
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) New tweet from Scott...

"Day 2, one of our stops delivering to the "Global Orphan Project" So many kids without parents- they are amazing"

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...44f8762663.jpg

Very inspiring...hopefully he has a safe trip.
yes indeed makes me wanna sing WE Our The World, We Our The Children With So Much Going On In The World Today And This Was Unexpected Trip So Pray For Saftey
Old 01-30-2010, 10:01 PM   #14
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

New tweet...

"WAWO Team in Haiti"

http://img162.yfrog.com/img162/8264/drhg.jpg

Updates from the Spanish River Church (Thanks to PBF) ...sounds like Scott & co. are back home.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...rport_wait.jpg

Quote: Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 9: SRC team waits at Port Au Prince Airport

This morning our team communicated to us that they are at the PAP airport on standby, waiting for the next opportunity to get on a military plane or on a MFI (Missionary Flights International) flight. They were told that their names are down for the next flight out of the PAP airport. We are waiting for confirmation about what time they will take off, and where they are heading (Miami or Fort Pierce). We will keep everyone posted, so we can arrange drivers to pick up the teams. Please keep everyone in your prayers as they fly back home (Dr. Yelle, Dr. Janette, nurses Jackie and Toni, Craig, Scott and Daniel).

Quote: Day 9: SRC team leaves Port Au Prince. On the way home...

The team is just boarding the MFI flight and leaving Port Au Prince in a few minutes. They will land in Fort Pierce, and we just need to confirm their time of arrival. More later.

Thanks for keeping them in your prayers.

Quote: Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 9: SRC team arrives safe and sound

The team was able to get seats on a MFI (Missionary Flights Int'l) plane that landed in PAP to bring supplies and medical people to serve in Haiti. The team took off at about 3pm from PAP and arrived in Fort Pierce around 6pm. They had an easy and safe trip back home. Joe Adames and Mike Hughes (and his wife) graciously offered to pick the team up and bring them to Boca. Now the team is home, getting some deserved rest and sharing their stories with their loved ones.
Many thanks to everyone who followed this blog and prayed for our team.
Posted by SRC-Global Outreach at 8:40 PM

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 01-30-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #15
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

PRAISE JESUS Everybody Is Home And Safe i whatch for everybody i know in planes today in the shaped the worlds in ya never know If A Plane Aint Getting High Jacked Its Getting Blown Out The Air Now I Can Cease My PLANE And Soar On The Next Thank You For Posting And Informing Us DK Peace Be Wit You