++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-11-2004, 12:15 AM   #1
douglas623
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
If Creed is forever gone...

Everything they accomplished will be remembered for years to come. I am looking forward to some solo work...but I can't help but wonder how things got to be where they are. Did I hear Tremonti's work will be with Flip and Brian Marshall? Or is that just a rumor? I've seen Stapp in public at the Grammy's, Celebrity Poker, and others. It just seems that he has changed over the years. I know most on this site would disagree. But if Tremonti, Flip and Marshall do a project together, that's just going to add to my speculations.

Creed had done some amazing things. And their live performances were maybe the best ever. But I just can't stop wondering if this whole break-up is a direct reflection upon how Stapp has changed.

Any other intelligent thoughts? People who have seen what I have seen from Stapp?? I am not bashing, nor worshiping, just stating what I have witnessed.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:43 AM   #2
hide
USER INFO »
it would be a good idea to check some of these threads so we don't go over the same ground over and over. Using Tremonti's music and lyrics a new band consisting of himself, Philips, Marhshall and some think Myles Kennedy of the Mayfair Four are preparing their album. Scott Stapp is preparing a solo album. Whether Creed is history is what many of us want to know.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:44 AM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
They're not officially broken up at this point in time. Stapp said the other day that they committed to 10 years, it's been 10 years, now they're pursuing other stuff at the moment. That don't mean they'll put another original CD out again.

Old 02-11-2004, 02:33 AM   #4
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Myles Kennedy of the Mayfair Four

a little correction, i hope you don't mind. Myles group was the Mayfield Four. Just keeping things straight...

~Ann~
Old 02-11-2004, 08:38 AM   #5
multifast1
USER INFO »
Not sure how true this is but someone said that they signed a 7 record deal with Wind-up. They've put out 3 so far and if 2 more are put out as side projects that still leaves 2 more to fulfill their contract. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but does anyone else know about the record deal?
Old 02-11-2004, 10:28 AM   #6
Chrispy
USER INFO »
Denise, GG, posted the exact comment over at another board, so I would believe it to be true.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:42 AM   #7
multifast1
USER INFO »
Yep, that's where I heard it! So many things being said that it's hard to keep straight what came from who.. lol. For some reason though I thought I remembered talk fo Creed having signed a 3 record deal originally with WU and then WU had an option of extending it after the 3. Guess that's what they did and made it a 7 record deal.

I dunno, I really torn on this one. I hope both of their project are huge successes but I can't help but think that if one or both ends up being close to as successful as Weathered that we may never see another all-original Creed CD... Kind of a catch-22
Old 02-11-2004, 05:56 PM   #8
Shadow
USER INFO »
I choose to still be in denial about the whole break-up rumour. The only way I justify it to myself, is that this is what Bon Jovi did 18 years ago. I believe it was after the Slippery When Wet (their 3rd album) tour, that Jon and Richie couldn't even look at each other, much less talk to each other. But I remember Jon saying in an interview something to the effect that it (Bon Jovi) was too good and the music was too good, for them not to get back together. And the funny thing is, Jon had to ask Alec (the bass player) to leave the band. Does anybody else see any similarities here?

If Creed never does another record, I will still probably be in denial. I love Creed toooo much to admit it to myself.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:52 PM   #9
multifast1
USER INFO »
I'm right there with you, Shadow. I'm hoping for the same thing to happen eventually too... but it's still a break-up, even if only for a short time. Hopefully the saying about absense making the heart grow fonder (and memory grow weaker) will hold true here!
Old 02-11-2004, 08:06 PM   #10
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) Not sure how true this is but someone said that they signed a 7 record deal with Wind-up. They've put out 3 so far and if 2 more are put out as side projects that still leaves 2 more to fulfill their contract. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but does anyone else know about the record deal?

2: could be a live album (double) or the DVD...

I definately hope to get a new album but I dunno
Old 02-11-2004, 08:50 PM   #11
hunnie_gurl_19
USER INFO »
I really hope they make more beautiful music together. It's such a shame how things have happened the way they have.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:25 PM   #12
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
here we go again
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 02-12-2004, 08:16 PM   #13
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Old 02-21-2004, 08:44 PM   #14
hUmAnClAy
USER INFO »

www.myowncreed.com
Mikes' Bootlegs
Old 02-23-2004, 12:12 AM   #15
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
they better not break up till i see them in concert!!
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new