++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-05-2004, 12:42 AM   #1
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Matt. 20:16

the verse reads..."so the last will be first and the first will be last"..what does that verse mean to you?

i posted what it meant to me on another bb...and how i disagreed with how it was being used...no answer, of course...so, i was curious how people here would use it our interpret it's meaning.

look forward to reading your replies...
Old 09-05-2004, 08:25 AM   #2
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
In context with the parable that Jesus was talking about, it seems that it is referring to the kingdom of heaven; salvation. You cant merit it, or claim that you deserve it.

It also shows that the meek shall inherit salvation, (a contrite spirit, God is yet to deny), not the ones that assume they deserve it, like, "pay up!" U know?

I am sure that others will draw more from it too.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 09-05-2004, 02:22 PM   #3
creedsister
USER INFO »
Then Came to him the mother of Zebdee,s children with hers sons worshipping Him DESIRING A Certain Thing Of Him She Said Unto Him Grant My 2 Sons May the one on thy right hand and the other on the left hand of the Kingdom, BUT JESUS ANWSERED YE, KNOW NOT, WHAT, YE, ASK, ARE YE ABLE TO DRINK OF THAT CUP THAT I SHALL DRINK OF, AND TO BE BABTIZED WITH THE BABTISM I,am BABTIZED WITH, HARD WALK, Now Even to this day A lot of folks thank this ya see, I Will Say They Be First, He SAID, Ye Shall Indeed Drink Of My Cup and be babtized with the Babtism that, I,am babtized with : BUT WHO TO SIT ON MY RIGHT HAND AND ON MY LEFT HAND IS NOT MINE TO GIVE BUT IT SHALL BE GIVEN TO THEME FOR WHOM IT IS PREPARED BY MY FATHER, FOR MANY ARE CALLED BUT THE FEW CHOSEN, They Be LAST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN , When The Son Of Man Shall Come In His Glory PRASE THE LORD And The Holy Angels With Him, Then Shall He Sit Up On His Throne Of Glory And He Indeed Shall Separate THE FIRST AND THE LAST, AMEN, THE FIRST MATT, 25 34.46 Now Last Would Be THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM, And Remembear This BLESSED IS THE PURE OF HEART YA SEE FOR THEY SHALL SEE GOD, Amen And Amen PRAISE THE LORD FOR WHO HE IS ROCKS
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-06-2004, 12:20 AM   #4
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
thanks for your comments, guys..but i kinda saw the parable to mean all are EQUAL in the eyes of God...whether you are first in line or come later, that the Creator's love is the same for all of us...and that none of us are above the other...

that is what it kinda said to me...

any more thoughts on what it says to you?
Old 09-06-2004, 09:57 AM   #5
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Yeh I agree with that.

Its like the prodigal son story U know; theres the son himself's story, the father's love and also theres something to learn from the prodigal son's brother's part in the story, which people sometimes miss. There are a few things that U can draw from it.

Equality in the eyes of God is deffinitely one of them for this psalm. Like I cant get annoyed if I dedicate myself to God all my life, for many many years, be faithful and do heaps for God, and someone comes along at the end of their lives and gives their life to God and gets the same thing I do, salvation/eternal life, and they got to do whatever they wanted all their lives. Some would say thats not fair, but it's not really about how much you do = how much you get/deserve, God's grace is not like the earth dishes out favour, U know?

ROCK HARD!!!