++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 02-08-2005, 12:03 AM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Did anyone watching the SuperBowl catch this?

Cause I sure as hell didn't. Did it actually happen?
http://www.ridiculopathy.com/news_detail.php?id=1257

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 02-08-2005, 12:59 AM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
um, no
actually, according to this story from FOXSports, only 2 people complained, & it was b/c the show sucked big balls. so it's related in a roundabout way.
on another related note, one of my friends is a huge Beatles fan, she loved that Sir Paul was performing. I think the Beatles are just aight, but hugely overrated. Hey Jude is prolly my favorite song of theirs. Anyway, when Paul started playing that, a buddy of mine (some of you might remember CreedH8er, my roommate from last year) started singing really loudly "Hey Jude.... suck a dick!" Me & a couple other guys just busted out laughing b/c she was obviously a bit ticked off. Face turning red, the whole 9 yards.

Last edited by RMadd : 02-08-2005 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
titan9
USER INFO »
Nope, it did not happen. The closest he came to revealing himself(lol) was taking off his jacket before he started playing on the piano.

I can imagine quite a few people complained at the lackluster show. I have alot of respect for Sir Paul and everything he(along with the rest of the Beatles) has done, but c'mon, lots of young people who don't care for the Beatles were watching the Superbowl. They should have brought in some of the good, current artists. Why not bring in a Rock/Alternative act such as Switchfoot? There's no chance of anyone being offended by them, considering they don't cuss in their music. Plus, they had a heckuva 2004 with 2 huge radio hits. And while we're on the topic of Rock bands, how come Creed never performed at the Super Bowl Halftime Show? They could have performed at the 2000 S-Bowl, considering that was the year they broke through. It seems like the NFL is biased towards Rock acts. That's gotta change because there are quite a few Rock acts that deserve the opportunity to perform at half time. The last decent act that the Super Bowl has had was U2 in 2002.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-08-2005, 12:54 PM   #4
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Nope, it did not happen. The closest he came to revealing himself(lol) was taking off his jacket before he started playing on the piano.

I can imagine quite a few people complained at the lackluster show. I have alot of respect for Sir Paul and everything he(along with the rest of the Beatles) has done, but c'mon, lots of young people who don't care for the Beatles were watching the Superbowl. They should have brought in some of the good, current artists. Why not bring in a Rock/Alternative act such as Switchfoot? There's no chance of anyone being offended by them, considering they don't cuss in their music. Plus, they had a heckuva 2004 with 2 huge radio hits. And while we're on the topic of Rock bands, how come Creed never performed at the Super Bowl Halftime Show? They could have performed at the 2000 S-Bowl, considering that was the year they broke through. It seems like the NFL is biased towards Rock acts. That's gotta change because there are quite a few Rock acts that deserve the opportunity to perform at half time. The last decent act that the Super Bowl has had was U2 in 2002.
do you mean that it seems like the NFL is biased against Rock acts? b/c, if you weren't, then your subsequent statement about them needing to get more is contraditory. but they do have too much hip-hop. i tend to associate hip hop more w/ the NBA. hard rock is sort of an essential element of football, in that it is hard-hitting, head-banging, etc.
w/ regard to McCartney, I think it was a huge mistake going w/, in his old age, essentially the anti-hip hop. it just wasn't that interesting. i would much rather have seen britney spears or janet jackson and bright flashy lights and fireworks and pyro and the whole 9 yards than a bunch of old tunes by a British band, of which 1/2 is dead.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:41 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
I guess I didn't express that clearly.(my bad) What I meant was that the NFL seems to be against having Rock acts at the S-Bowl, given the number of Pop/Hip-hop acts they've had in there. I then stated that they need to have more Rock acts in there, and Switchfoot would have been a decent Half-time show performer, in my opinion. Sorry for not expressing that clearly, should have looked over my post before clicking submit, lol. I agree, the halftime show was boring. I kept saying "when the heck is this going to end? Couldn't they have gotten someone better?" Of course, my parents(who grew up during that era) loved every minute of it. But the rest of us(well minus my sister, who loves the Beatles) were bored by it. I was tempted to put on some good music on the computer.(Alter Bridge, anyone?) The pre-game music was pretty bad, too. Gretchen(sp?) Wilson and Charlie Daniels? C'mon! Earth, Wind & Fire? Seems like they're on alot of Awards shows, and I'm wondering, why? Blackeyed Peas? Alright, I suppose they deserved it. All the musical acts the NFL brought in were lackluster, imo. I could have put together a better show. Any person who is even remotely in touch with what's popular could have put together a better show. But I guess it could have been worse. Imagine if they brought in Barenaked Ladies, Celine Dion and Maroon 5. Now THAT would have been a horrible halftime/pre-game show.

Old 02-08-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I guess I didn't express that clearly.(my bad) What I meant was that the NFL seems to be against having Rock acts at the S-Bowl, given the number of Pop/Hip-hop acts they've had in there. I then stated that they need to have more Rock acts in there, and Switchfoot would have been a decent Half-time show performer, in my opinion. Sorry for not expressing that clearly, should have looked over my post before clicking submit, lol. I agree, the halftime show was boring. I kept saying "when the heck is this going to end? Couldn't they have gotten someone better?" Of course, my parents(who grew up during that era) loved every minute of it. But the rest of us(well minus my sister, who loves the Beatles) were bored by it. I was tempted to put on some good music on the computer.(Alter Bridge, anyone?) The pre-game music was pretty bad, too. Gretchen(sp?) Wilson and Charlie Daniels? C'mon! Earth, Wind & Fire? Seems like they're on alot of Awards shows, and I'm wondering, why? Blackeyed Peas? Alright, I suppose they deserved it. All the musical acts the NFL brought in were lackluster, imo. I could have put together a better show. Any person who is even remotely in touch with what's popular could have put together a better show. But I guess it could have been worse. Imagine if they brought in Barenaked Ladies, Celine Dion and Maroon 5. Now THAT would have been a horrible halftime/pre-game show.

It is going to be impossible to find something that everybody enjoys. But i think an ex-beatles member would be pretty close to that. Even though i don't like em that much.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:15 PM   #7
titan9
USER INFO »
I'm not saying they should try to find something that everyone likes. That's impossible. One person likes Outkast, the next guy hates them. What I was saying is that they should stop bringing in Pop/Hip-hop acts every single year, and try to get people from different popular genres of music. One year get a Rock act, the next a pop act, the next an Alternative act etc. That's what I'd like to see happen. Let's get some diversity in there.