View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 08:18 AM   #1307
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

July 30th

"Know it all?"

If you think you know it all, you probably know less than you think. If, in humility, you recognize how much help and counsel you need, you will likely seek it and get it. No one wants to waste time counseling a fool, because the fool doesn't want counsel. We all enjoy sharing wisdom with the wise, and when we do, we discover new wisdom for our own needs. Proverbs 14:7 tells us that we should stay away from fools if we are looking for wise counsel.

The degree to which people will listen is determined by the degree to which we have wise counsel for them. If you want people to listen to you, you yourself must listen to the right adviser. Like Samuel, listen to the Lord's counsel—read his Word and hear what he says. There is no wiser counselor than he who knows every moment of every tomorrow and knows how you will fit into those moments.

My child, listen to me and treasure my instructions. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight and understanding. Search for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure. Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God. For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk with integrity.

Proverbs 2:1-7

Heaven