View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 04:41 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well, I just listened to the interview. I'm going to have to side more with Stapp on this one. The radio guys(the chick wasn't that bad for most of the interview) were just complete jerks(and I could call them far worse names) the entire interview. Bringing up the divorce, Stapp's religion(at least in the way they talked about it) and that story was just completely distasteful. Calling him a "loose-cannon" to his face was a very stupid, disrespectful thing to do.

Stapp was, for the most part, restrained. He went along with it, even had some laughs. But eventually, he got sick of the way they were talking to him, and he left. If that were me, I would have left as well, although I would not have said some of the things that Stapp said. Stapp wasn't without fault in this interview, though. He said some things that stirred the pot. He came across vastly different in this interview then in, say, the interview he did for Christianity Today last year. He came across as being sorta hypocritical. He didn't help himself by saying some of the things that he said.

Overall, I'm still disappointed with some of Stapp's behavior, but I do sympathize with him in some regards. If I were in his shoes, I would have been ticked off after a while. There's only so much trash one can take.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!