Thread: Thank You, Kurt
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 03:52 PM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Thank You, Kurt

February 20, 1967. A day that the world changed without even noticing, in small Aberdeen Washington.

April 4, 1994. It is a day that will forever be imbedded into the minds of many as the day an era ended.

April 8, 1994. The day an electrician found the body of Kurt Cobain in his Seattle home that he shared with wife Courtney Love and daughter Francis. Reports state the cause of death as an "apparent self-inflicted shotgun wound to the head."

It seems almost sureal being here at home, for Spring Break, on the day that Kurt Cobain, one of the most loved figures in music, died. In four days, it will be the aniversary of the day Kurt's lifeless body was found. As many of you know, I live in small-town Montesano, only 10 miles east of Aberdeen, and there is so much love, respect, and devotion to the man who pioneered a way for countless numbers of musicians. I know his mother, Wendy. I know his uncle, Leland. I know people who knew him. There is so much history of Kurt and Nirvana all around me.

Post you memories of Kurt and Nirvana here. It has been 10 years since his death, but his presence is still felt; the ghost of Saint Kurt.

Kurt's Death Certificate
King County Medical Examiner's Press Release
The Shotgun
The Note

For more on the last days of Kurt Cobain, visit http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/documents/

Goodbye, Kurt.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"

Last edited by Higher_Desire : 04-05-2004 at 03:56 PM.