View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 08:16 PM   #15
dario
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) "but those billions of other people who have never heard of christianity or the billions of people whom existed before jesus's time "

is my main point

And its a very legitimate point at that. So I will try to answer this to the best of my ability. First off, I don't know if I would use the words, 'billions of people' when refering to people not knowing about Christianity. Christianity is the largest religion in the world, so I'm assuming you are talking about native people on islands, or something like that. There are thousands of people out there who have not come in contact with modern religions, so I think I understand what you might be talking about. Now I don't know what your stance is on the Bible, but to me it is the WORD of God, it is truth. It says that God assures us that all who honestly seek him, who act in faith on the knowledge of God that they possess, will be rewarded. God will reveal Himself to them, whether it be through nature, or a missionary. Now if a missionary never visits there island or whatever, God still reveals himself through nature. He is all around us, we just need to earnestly seek Him. Romans 1:20 says, "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Once again, I don't know your feelings on the Bible so this could mean nothing to you.
Now regarding the second part of your statement I guess there are different ways I can go about answering it. I think I will go the more simpler route unless you would like the more detailed one.
People still needed to believe and have faith to get into heaven. They had to follow God's commandments and obey his laws. The book of Hebrews would be very good to read if you would really like to know all of the details. Back then the main religion was Judaism, not Christianity, but the Jews knew that the Messiah(meaning Jesus)was coming. When he did come, he proclaimed he was the Son of God, the awaited Messiah. His teachings have never been matched, and never will be. Christianity would take over the world. I find it very hard to believe that someone would deny that Jesus was the Son of God when the evidence for it is so overwhelming. Now since his claim of being the Son of God is truth, then wouldn't it make sense that his teachings would be truth. Sorry, I realize that this last part might be irrelavent to the question, I just get excited when I talk about this stuff. But to summarize the answer for you I believe that everyone has been given an opportunity to know God and to follow Him. And people before Jesus's time had to follow God's laws and put there faith in Him. I hope that some of this has been a help to you, but if it hasn't I would be more than willing to help you find the answers you might be looking for. When people ask difficult questions about Christianity I don't want to just shrug and say, "Well, I don't know the answer to that, but believe in Jesus you sinner!" No, thats the wrong way to go about it. Searching for answers to the most difficult questions not only pushes me to seek, but when I do it makes my faith even stronger.