View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 11:34 PM   #13
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) Colin... Catholics are Christians, just so you know
Not exactly... they are but they aren't. The Roman Catholics and the Eastern Orthadox religions were Christian sects until they began fighting so bad in, I believe the 18th century, but I could be wrong, and they excommunicated each other from Christianity. So basically, they're pretty much identical to Christianity, but are not allowed to call themselves that because of the other banning it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by dario) As for you Higher Desire, I would like to apologize for our miscommunication. When mentioning hell, I thought you meant that the only way to go to hell is failing to repent of your wrongs. I would hope you agree with me that not accepting Jesus as your savior is the reason someone goes to hell. And also to your question about me being an extreme radical that believes only Christians go to heaven, I would like to ask you a question. You say you are a Christian, and you, quote,"know what you are talking about", how can you not believe only Christians can go to heaven? The Bible clearly states, which you quoted earlier, that Jesus is the only way to the Father. You cannot just pick and choose which parts of the Bible you want to believe in and which parts you don't. 2 Timothy 3:16 says,"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness."
No hard feelings. I absolutely agree that if one has the oppertunity to know God, but chooses not to, they will go to hell. To answer your question, I believe that if someone of another religion that does not know God as we do, (Muslims, for example) but do not have the oppertunity to, will not go directly to hell because since they don't believe in the bible (perhaps a better way of saying that would be they have no knowledge of it's teachings), they cannot be proved wrong with it. Maybe I'm just not explaining myself right. Sometime's it's difficult to put my thoughts to words. Let's put it like this, I believe (and I have no proof to back this up) that there is a kind of "waiting area" in the afterlife, where people who could not know God have the oppertunity to learn of him. If they choose not to, then they go to hell. Maybe I'm completly wrong, but that is my theory. However, the bible does say that everyone WILL be able to learn of God, and there are people who have died without knowing him. God wants to save us from hell, and I don't think he would let people die without knowing him just so he could condemn them. I mean, Jesus died to save us. All of us. It was just wasted time if he skipped a few people.
Quote: (Originally Posted by dario) I encourage any of you, whether you are a Christian or not, to read the book, "The Case for Christ" .

If you are a honest seeker of the truth, you will want to read this book. I have read it and its sequel, The Case for Faith, and it has made me a stronger Christian.
I've never read the first one, but I have the second one, and it is very good.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"