View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 10:18 PM   #12
dario
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok, I realize that I have struck a nerve with a lot of you so I will try to explain myself. I am not saying that if you are not a Christian you will not go to heaven. The Bible says that. John 14:6 says, "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" So then yes, I am saying that you must believe in Jesus and in his teachings to go to heaven.
In response to you terminator, you said, sarcastically I might add, that "Christianity must be the right religion because thats the only one I know." I have studied other religions and Christianity is not the only religion that claims exclusivity. Muslims radically claim exclusivity. So its not only Christianity thats claiming to be the only way.
C.S. Lewis, a former atheist, spent extensive time studying world religions and came to the conclusion that Christianity is the only religion that makes sense. If you've ever heard of C.S. Lewis, he's a very respected author. That might not mean anything to you and thats fine. Now, its difficult for me to write on this topic when I don't know where some of you stand on this issue of Christianity and Jesus.
As for you Higher Desire, I would like to apologize for our miscommunication. When mentioning hell, I thought you meant that the only way to go to hell is failing to repent of your wrongs. I would hope you agree with me that not accepting Jesus as your savior is the reason someone goes to hell. And also to your question about me being an extreme radical that believes only Christians go to heaven, I would like to ask you a question. You say you are a Christian, and you, quote,"know what you are talking about", how can you not believe only Christians can go to heaven? The Bible clearly states, which you quoted earlier, that Jesus is the only way to the Father. You cannot just pick and choose which parts of the Bible you want to believe in and which parts you don't. 2 Timothy 3:16 says,"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness."

I encourage any of you, whether you are a Christian or not, to read the book, "The Case for Christ" . The author was a former atheist and journalist, who was looking for problems with Christianity so he could cripple it. He decided to investigate the areas of Christianity that dealt with Jesus being God and being the only way to heaven. But instead of proving Christianity wrong, he became a Christian himself. By honestly looking at all of the evidence that pointed towards Jesus, this man knew that Christianity had to be true. If you are a honest seeker of the truth, you will want to read this book. I have read it and its sequel, The Case for Faith, and it has made me a stronger Christian.