View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 02:39 AM   #9
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by dario) First off, you didn't mention if the man was a Christian or not. You said he was a kind, and good man. If someone does not accept Jesus into their life they are going to hell, not matter how kind or good they are. Now assuming he was a Christian man who accepted Jesus into his life, I believe there is no way for him to lose his salvation. He's going to heaven. Assuming he's accepted Jesus.
Quote: (Originally Posted by dario) Just wanted to clear this up with you that choosing to do right or wrong has nothing to do with why someone goes to hell. I am a Christian and I am going to heaven, but I am not perfect. Everyone, including myself, chooses to do wrong over right without even thinking sometimes. The reason someone goes to hell is because they denied Jesus and his gift of salvation in some form or another.
But you will go to hell if you don't repent for what you choose to do wrong. I am a Christian, too, and I know what I'm talking about. Jesus died so that we can live again, but we must want to do good. The Bible says (James 2:14, 17, 20, 26; KJV) "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." Just saying your Christian and expecting that to get you into heaven is useless. Simply being Christian (as you suggest) is not enough to get you into heaven.

Now let me ask you this. If someone never has the oppertunity to know Jesus, will they go to heaven or hell? Since (to be technical) they never rejected him, by your theory, they will go to heaven. If you say "but what about Muslim extremists who are suicide bombers? Since they're not following the Bible, they're going to hell." But they are being loyal to their god (Allah), so will they go to Allah's heaven? There's no point in trying to cite Bible sources to prove what's going to happen to them, because they do not believe in the Bible. It's like trying to prove the ancient egyptians were wrong for being polytheistic (believing in more than one god) because the bible says there is only one God. You can't prove they were wrong because the Bible had not been written in that time. My point is this: God will judge all. At some time, all people will have the oppertunity to know God, but until that time, you (and by that I mean everyone on earth) should not say if someone we don't even know is going to heaven or not. It's about more than simply accepting God. I believe that good people who may not have been "devout Christians" can go to heaven.

Just out of curiosity (please don't get upset by my asking), but are you one of those extreme radicals who strongly believes that only Christians can go to heaven? (Meaning Catholics, Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, etc. will have no chance of getting into heaven if they die while members of their respective religions.)

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"