View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) What if he starts the gig with a Creed song.......will you walk out and come back in when he finishes, or leave completely?

I'll only walk out if he plays a classic like MOP or One. If he plays another Creed song...I won't walk out, but I will boo. I would hope, though, that he saves the Creed stuff for "encores" and doesn't start off with that stuff.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) well, in all fairness, he did write the lyrics and, if i'm not mistaken, all the tracks were published by Stapp/Tremonti (or Tremonti/Stapp... check your liner notes), so he does have every legal right to perform them, and every legal right to say they're his.

It's not a matter of legalities, as far as I'm concerned. It is rather a matter of respect. To me, it is disrespectful to Creed's legacy to go and perform those songs without 3/4 of the original band. That's just my opinion, though.

Quote: (Originally Posted by bobben) Well...MOP is maybe (together with WAWO) the most Scott Stapp-song than any of the other Creed songs!!! It's almost his early-years-bio written as a song...

I wouldn't have a problem with WAWO or even Lullaby....but MOP would really piss me off. That is my favorite Creed song and I can't stand the thought of him playing that song without Mark on guitar, or Scott on drums or Brian on bass. Especially with Goneblind, a band that can't even play "Higher" right.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!