View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #3
Canuckfish
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I found this interesting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) Ok here are the notes I have from walking through this so called proof of god

it's misdefining and misperceiving "law"

I don't define law, I ask whether you believe universal, abstract, invariant laws exist, prescriptive, or descriptive.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) at one point making you make the jump from materialism to the abstract based on a twisting of words and ideas to conform them to suit their perpose.

No twisting of words. Are the laws, material or abstract?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) "absolute moral law" presupposes prescription

That's right, they are prescribed by God. Now, do you believe that they exist. If not, of course morality is arbitrary and NOTHING is absolutely wrong.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) Conclusion: This is not a proof for god it is a fools game for the fool hearted who are not versed in the ideas and meaning of words used in science and logic. So this site is just a cheap mind trick. sorry Chris no dice

I'm sorry you feel that way, but am not surprised. Your presuppositions do not allow you to evaluate anything in a way that would support the existence of God. A person who wants to be their own God, will never admit that a real God exists.

Thanks for posting this link 'Chris', and thanks for visiting the site and offering your opinions Lunar.