View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #74
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: What's everyone's opionion on 'Rain'?

I loved 'Rain' the first time I heard it and, countless times since, am still enjoying it.

Not every song they produce has to be an epic with a cryptic message.

'Rain' - simple title, simple lyrics, simple melody. A simple formula that resulted in a great song.

I'm a huge fan of My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered, but they're not albums that you can simply play in the background. Most of the music is emotionally heavy and very serious.

Human Clay is a truly great album and my personal favourite - just about every song had the potential to be a hit and Faceless Man is a masterpiece, but it's not an album you can simply pop in, enjoy and sing along to. Songs like Say I, Wrong Way and Wash Away Those Years hardly put you in a positive, happy frame of mind.

Their albums are incredibly influential and uplifting. You can listen to their music and understand where they're coming from, but you have to be in a certain emotional state to really appreciate it, in my opinion.

That's what I've enjoyed about 'Overcome' and 'Rain'. Not too serious, the lyrics are still as solid as ever and I've found myself singing along to both of them.

I find it funny that those who don't care much for 'Rain' still can't get the song out of their head.

Mission accomplished, right?

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger