View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #72
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: What's everyone's opionion on 'Rain'?

Quote: (Originally Posted by King Oropher) Great Post Nagpo. I played Rain for my friend the other day and he said it was too Poppy lol and wasn't that keen on it but now he can't stop listening to it, he said he can't get the chorus out of his head.
Thank you. I know how your friend feels, it's still stuck in my head. I just finished singing it with my little sister I'll still buy the album. I'm still hoping it will be atleast as good as Weathered.

This is a response to Icedmofo,

That was what I was talking about. Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, (Maybe a guitar solo), Chorus, Chorus again, Outtro. That's the problem. That's what every other band is doing and sounding like nowadays. I was hoping they'd be a bit more creative, but then again I dont expect them to reinvent the process either. I don't think it's a 'moot' point, I think it's a very valid one infact. If every band uses the same types of song structure where is the creativity? Eventually people are going to run out of original ideas for this type of song. But like I said, expecting Creed to change things up and set a new musical standard for songs IS asking too much. It's more like wishful thinking on my part.

To rabidgopher04,
I've been listening to creed for ten years now. Ever since I was nine. I'm 19 now(don't judge me on my age, please). The only creed song that repeated it's chorus to the point of annoyance is Inside Us All and Weathered, imo.

But like I said before, I'm still a Creed fan and I do plan on buying Full Circle.