View Single Post
Old 09-29-2002, 08:53 PM   #54
Aimee
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok

LadyV,
Thanks for clarifying Romans 3 for me. I am not a "scholar" of the Bible, nor have I read the entire book. Even the books that I have read and dissected are hazy in some parts. It's a matter of interpretation as far as I'm concerned. So please don't accuse me of being an ignorant or false Christian. I believe that my asking you for clarification is a humble act from me to you. Your sarcastic tone is not one that is taught in Proverbs, and reeks of "pride". If we are to continue this "debate" civily, please stop assuming that just because other Christians don't know as much as you, that we are unenlightened and in need of a spanking.

Now, I have a real problem with your last answer. I know many Christians like you who read the Bible so literally that you believe we are the only ones who are welcome in Heaven. I beleive that Jesus lived and that he was a prophet of God. I do not speak through him, I speak directly to a spirit creator. The mysteries of the world are so vast that no human can even begin to comprehend them. I think it would be a cruel, unkind, and unforgiving God who would turn away a good soul and send them to Hell simply because they'd never heard of the name of Jesus. It's an outlandish idea and when I die, I plan to take up this question with the heavenly counsel.