Thread: Exposed
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Exposed

Quote: (Originally Posted by GregS) Logan need to get picked up by a label seriously..
The band are very talented.

Yes!! They're in such a difficult position. The 'American rock / post-grunge sound' doesn't really have a place in British mainstream music at the moment.

My copy of 'Exposed' was delivered this morning. It's an eight-track acoustic album:

1) From The Moment I Wake
2) Tell Me
3) Somewhere
4) Runaway
5) Hallowed Ground
6) Hey Mary
7) Like A Rain
8) Last Goodbye

Somewhere and Last Goodbye are the standout songs - Somewhere is a beautiful track and Last Goodbye was written for a friend of Kenny's who was killed in Iraq. The remainder are OK in their acoustic form - From The Moment I Wake and Runaway are the most effective transitions.

Some of the other efforts leave you slightly frustrated because they're much better in their original fomat and don't convert effectively - Hallowed Ground especially, a great song from Cruel Little World. Tell Me and Hey Mary, already very melodic tracks from Welcome to the Wasteland and CLW, become slightly tedious as acoustic recordings.

I would encourage fans of Logan to purchase this package. If you would like to sample their music, then I would recommend Cruel Little World.

'Exposed' also comes with two DVDs - the live, full acoustic / electric set from The Ferry in Glasgow and a special features disc. I haven't had time to watch the entire live concert - the acoustic songs sound great live on-stage and I already know the electric set is going to be awesome - that's a certainty.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger