View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 05:14 PM   #59
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) When I first read that interview, I thought it sounded a bit strange compared to other interviews. After reading it again ... I really don't see what the big deal is. What did he say that was so wrong. He's basically talking about his upbringing (we know that's true). He goes on to talk about the intial tension about the Christian thing early on (he's said that on more than one occasion.). Then he says he thinks it was "probably" a continued point of tension.

Granted that he's making some assumptions that may not be true ... but he really didn't say anything that was so awful! .... IMO, of course.

Maybe it was the sex, drugs, and rock and roll part that got everyone off their chairs. But IA with you. What is the big deal? I read it and was like, yeah that could be true in a sense. Anyone can say that about rock and roll b/c humans created the stereotype of sex, drugs, and rock and roll in the first place. If someone uses a common analogy they use it. I don't find it in anyway too horrid. And if someone complains just complain at humanity b/c we made language and we are the ones doing the war against each other in this thread. This division won't stop. The September 11th thing is so true. We have AB now and Stapp now. Two different equations to get used to. And anything out of their mouths about the past is about the past and in no way should be used to discuss what kind of human souls they have now in their new projects. AB wants to be a new band not a Creed2 and Stapp wants to have peace and do his own solo thing w/o the hassle of others judging him. Forgive and forget not live and regret.
You all can't let it go? Then fine. I find no reason to even be under such arguments as they are repetitive loops that get nobody absolutely NO WHERE! People either liked the guitar, the spirituality, the voice, or something different in Creed. And that is completely DEAD now. So ppl shoudln't argue over what can't happen again or what may not happen for a LONG time b/c then they're still in the past. Ths was my two cents and my official leave of "posting" on this board since I found this topic still oddly opened for posting and extremely cold.

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101