View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 08:06 PM   #26
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: problems with windup?

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Honestly, I think part of the reason why a lot of people hate Evanescence is the same reason so many hated Creed: the lead singer's "ego". I don't know Amy Lee personally, but I have heard many stories of demonstrations of her ego. Just about every non-Evanescence fan I speak to usually says they don't like Evanescence because of Lee's ego.

That's not why I dislike Evanescence, though. While I think Amy Lee is a very talented singer, I just don't think the band will be the same without Ben Moody. He was a real good guitarist, and I think he played every bit as big of a role in the band as Amy Lee. Secondly, I'm not all that impressed with the music. Yes, I liked "My Immortal" and even "Bring Me To Life" when it first came out, but when I listened to the rest of the album, I was not impressed at all. It seemed pretty cookie-cutter, just like everything else on rock radio.

I'll give the new album a chance, but without Moody(and, yes, I've heard the new guitarist's previous work and didn't really care for it), I kinda doubt I'll even like it.

no, the the reason i hate evanescence is because there music sucks singer sucks and everything els sucks. they're a horrible band.