Thread: Aol Sessions Up
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #15
skyguy86
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Aol Sessions Up

Quote: (Originally Posted by austin.) 20 minutes of chill bumps from me. Wow! CREED IS BACK!!!!!
My sacrifice is on there too. In my opinion, Scott sounds the best he ever has. Even better than the My Own Prison album. And, Tremonti doesn't sound bad either. Marshall looks happy as does Flip.
All I can say is wow

couldnt agree more! Scott honestly sounds better on here than on the records IMO. and for all the haters who keep saying that this is fixed by wind up and the other 3 dont wanna be there, watch mark. during higher and at the end of my sacrifice, he has the biggest smiles on his face.

and i noticed that brian looked kinda mad on the last song. i dont think he was. reason for his look? break down the session setlist:

With Arms Wide Open-Human Clay

Higher-Human Clay

My Own Prison-My Own Prison

My Sacrifice-Weathered

this was the only song which Brian had never played in front of an audience, so naturally he would be a little nervous. He wasn't mad, he was CONCENTRATING!!!! All the other ones he looked fairly comfortable, even enjoying himself. I couldn't really see flip lol but im sure he was having a blast.

Mark, as always, never ceases to impress. His little improv licks within the songs really showed through and gave a new breath to each song. Now, idk how he used to sing the chorus in "My Own Prison", but that was really the only part that didn't sit right with me. Was it just me, or did he not seem to give his all in that part? Again, idk how he used to sing it so maybe it sounds fine (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but something about it seemed off for some reason. Not tone wise mind you, but mood wise.

And on singing, I go to Scott. SCOTT STAPP!!!! Holy crap did he sound good on this little series. Honestly, I've heard some good live vocals before, but NEVER have I heard something as great as Scott did on AOL Sessions. Even Scott's past live performances, which were usually above par to begin with, cannot compete with this.
I guess it's true when he says he's cleaned up and got sober and STAYED sober cuz it really shows. The only minor flaw that I heard was his growl! It's been kind of lost over these years! Scott has done what James Hetfield of Metallica did: he got away from the screaming and growling and started SINGING (I'm not bashing either men they are both my idols I'm just stating a fact). When James sings live now, it sounds like he's trying to do too much with the music. But Scott executed this perfectly. While he might have lost some of his signature growl that we all know, he has more than made up for it in shooting lightyears past what I think he even thought he was capable of.

So all in all, an amazing performance by the reformed band today. Would I have liked to hear a new song? You bet your ass I wanted to. Did this performance disappoint because a new song was lacking? It did the exact opposite. It proved that Creed is back with guns blazing. Now WE NEED NEW MUSIC!!!!! But congrats on a memorable performance guys, I speak for us all when I say it's great to have you back.