Thread: Creed 5
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
Agent D
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed 5

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Do Stapp and Mark own the rights to the Creed name? I don't think they do. I think Wind-up owns the creed rights. I'm not sure.

And to respond to the latter part of your post, I think people were dissatisfied in part with full circle because it sounded more like an alter bridge album than a creed album. That doesn't mean people want creed to revert back to what it sounded like and not evolve, but they want it to sound like creed, not alter bridge.

I've heard some interviews and the creation process was pretty much Tremonti and the band would spend the day in the studio and make some tracks and stapp would come in, take the ones he liked home and write lyrics for them. That's not a collaboration. I would like mark and stapp to sit down with each other and write the songs together like they used to.

I've never heard of a record label owning the rights to a band's name. It must expire at some point though if that is indeed the case.

But what people don't get is that the reason it sounds like Alter Bridge is because that's where the guys are now, musically speaking. The Tremonti sound has evolved into this. What else can they do to make it sound like "classic" Creed than to take two steps back and use all drop-d power chords? I just think fans who are still stuck in the last decade will never like new material done by Creed because it's impossible for it to sound the same.

I also don't know what difference to the melodies or riffs would make if Stapp hadn't been coming and going. He never had that much impact on the music, did he? Didn't he always just sell himself as the lyricist?