View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 06:28 PM   #60
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) I can make my guitar squeal like a pig all day, doesnt mean im great. He was INVENTIVE, not great, there is a HUGE difference.

What the HECK? Anyone can sit in a shed practice eight hours a day and be able to shred. That is not where greatness lies.

Creativity and originality and making it all work is what makes a guitarist great, and that's what Hendrix is. (Not to mention he had the shredding down pretty good as well!)

Quote: Greatness in guitar playing is about skill, your ability to write something that blows peoples minds...Creed sold 30 million albums for a reason.

That is ridiculous. I don't care if you sell a billion albums, that doesn't make you great. Is eminem now a great musician because he sold 15 million albums?! NO! Don't even bring album sales up. That's childish.

Creed didn't blow ANYONE'S minds. For all their coolness they weren't a super original change the face of music band. What Tremonti is doing ahs been done before. He does it very well but he isn't super creative/innovative, and I say that as a HUGE Tremo fan.

They sold 30 million albums because they pandered to the masses with radio friendly chord progressions. Don't mean to diss Creed here but that's true. "Bullets" was basically the only single that didn't do very well, because it wasn't a simple radio friendly song--despite the fact that it was probably one of, if not THE best riff Tremonti wrote with Creed.

Album sales mean NOTHING. We live in a world where the dumber and simpelr the music is, the more it sells.

Last edited by uncertaindrumer : 02-09-2005 at 06:34 PM.