View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 07:09 PM   #48
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Well, you all have very good opinions, and i dont want to say that your opinions are wrong, but if it has everything to do with how greatly songs were written by the artist, then why exactly isnt tremonti on there? He's definitly written some of the best guitar riffs out there. I believe that Rolling Stone is basing if off of skill, technicaltiy, and all of that stuff. If thats the case, then Hendrix doesnt deserve to be on that list, IMO. Rolling Stone magazine has went down hill music-wise, hell, they had britney spears on the cover! But, my opinion still stands that Batio, Becker, Malmsteen, SRV, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Zakk Wylde, Dimebagg, Hammit and Eddie Van Halen should have all been at the very top of that list. Some of those people didnt even deserve to be in that issue, let alone on that list, IMO.

I agree with you 100% that the list was deeply flawed and all of those guys you named (although i don't know becker) should be on there. however i still think that hendrix deserves to be where he is. i also agree tremonti should have being there but there is a lot of creed hate so that would probably explain his abscence.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie