View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 11:35 AM   #97
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I do post over at the Pit by the way.

I felt that the other side was NOT being heard, and felt compelled to speak out so that it would be heard.

As for sticking around, I will.

As for other negativity spreaders - well I liken this reaction to what happens with any bad thing with a product. (This is a law of marketing by the way).

When someone has a good thing happen with a product (aka a Creed show) they tell 5 people. All's good, things went as planned.

When someone has a BAD thing happen with a product or service or sees a bad thing happen, or learns about a bad thing happening - they will have much stronger feelings. They've been wronged, or other people have been wronged. The stronger feelings will cause them to tell 50 people.

It's human nature. It's psychology of the human mind. That's why you're seeing all these folks who you think are spreading negativity.

Some are pretty negative, but others (like me) aren't really negative, we want something POSITIVE to come out of this unfortunate event. As I said - as people on the board are Creed fans - I would hope they could actually take those other Creed fans and say "Yeah, it sucks, maybe I can HELP the situation. Not just by supporting the band, but by supporting the fans who didn't get the show they should have - those guys deserve a great show the way I got one when I saw them in X city."

And it makes me sad when I see people here resorting to name calling. Because that's not what this is about. And I don't think Scott or any other member of the band would say "Get over it" to a fan, and I don't think they'd say "You're a cockroach" to a fan who felt they were wronged. They'd probably apologize - and I would hope give them something in return.

--*Rob