View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 05:54 AM   #1295
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

July 18th

"The dangers of greed."

Greed is never satisfied because self is at the center of its world, and the self is forever taking, grasping after whatever is beneficial to "me." A person secure in the love of God approaches life with quite a different attitude: Because I am sure that God will take care of me and provide all that I need, I no longer have to be greedy, desperately looking out for myself and grabbing everything in sight.

Ultimately, greed is a sign of emptiness. If you find yourself grasping after things in life, worried that you won't get what you want, what you need, or what you deserve, you have put your trust in the wrong place. Greed will use you up without giving anything in return. God's great love offers us a fuller, more satisfying life.

The desires of lazy people will be their ruin, for their hands refuse to work. They are always greedy for more, while the godly love to give!

Proverbs 21:25-26

It is possible to give freely and become more wealthy, but those who are stingy will lose everything. The generous prosper and are satisfied; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

Proverbs 11:24-25

Blessed are those who are generous, because they feed the poor.

Proverbs 22:9

Heaven